Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Shuffle 2G - headphone port problem (plz check yours)

Shuffle 2G - headphone port problem (plz check yours)
rozwado1
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2006, 09:23 PM

My 2G shuffle has an issue with the headphone port. When I put in headphones and turn them in the port, they get caught on the lower part of the plug (about 3mm from end - near the fat part) and it scratches my headphone plug.

**This sounds kinda lame, bc a scratched headphone plug isn't the end of the world, but it's still an issue.

The problem occurs when i spin the headphone plug counterclockwise in the shuffle. Clockwise is fine. If I look into the shuffle, it looks like the copper pins on teh one side have moved over a bit, exposing the sharp edge which is scratching the plug. I have yet to buy a tiny screwdriver to try to move the pins back.

The reason I bring this up is because I already returned the original one I bought bc of this problem, and now the 2nd one i have is doing it too.

I'm using Shure E3c and a cheapo cassette adapter. the cassette adapter already has the scratch all around the plug, so it doesn't replicate the problem anymore, but I'd rather not scratch up my Shures too much (unless I'm certain that the scratch will not lead to any audio issues).

Man, talk about anal retentive...
n

rozwado1  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2006, 08:40 AM

anybody else? bueller?

Forum Links
Forum Rules