Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > First Mac is almost here .....

First Mac is almost here .....
JCT
Forum Regular
Dec 9, 2003, 09:12 AM

I've been lurking for awhile and have learned a ton from the forums. Almost bought my first Mac back in 1984 but held off to pay for school.

Have been self-building PCs for approx 7 - 8 years both at home and at work but needed a "workhorse" laptop for everyday use . Finally got seduced by the aesthetics and excellent functionality of the new G4 ibooks (not to mention the price, has to be the best bang for the buck around). And so on Dec 4th ....finally placed that first Mac order, 19 years after I held off at the last minute the first time .

I bought it relatively stripped since I have a loaded laptop for heavy-duty photoshop on the road ...but I'm sure the ibook will go *everywhere* else with me.

So, I got a 12" ibook with 40 GB HDD, Airport Extreme, 128 MB Ram (I have a 512 module from Crucial to add) and just a straight CD-Rom . Cost about a grand with the educational discount.

I am as excited as a kid! It's already in NYC !

JT

Dec 9, 2003 7:07 am

Arrived at FedEx Ramp JAMAICA NY

4:24 am Left FedEx Sort Facility INDIANAPOLIS IN

Dec 8, 2003 8:44 pm

Left FedEx Ramp C.K.S. INTL AIRPORT TW

*******Update********

Well here's a surprise, looks like I'll get it TODAY, I'm about to drive right by this station on the way to work....

8:04 am

Arrived at FedEx Destination Location MOUNT VERNON NY
Quad 2.5 Ghz G5 7GB RAM + 7800GT
15" MBP 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 100 GB 7200 RPM HDD
G4 DA 1.2 Ghz 1.5 GB RAM + 4 HDD (fileserver)
G4 Cube 800MHz , Radeon 7000, 1.5 GB RAM
<not bad for a relatively new switcher...>

Starry Night
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 16, 2003, 03:08 AM

Congratulations! Let us know how it goes.....

Forum Links
Forum Rules