Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > apple network server 500; help!

apple network server 500; help!
sine -''-..-
Grizzled Veteran
Location: meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meo
Sep 6, 2001, 11:27 PM

i just got an ans 500, and it was stripped before i got it. it has everything but the software, harddrives, ram and boards from the hot swap bays.
the ram i am quite sure i can get.
the software i may be able to get, either aix, or if i must, linux.
the harddrives will be from my current machine,
but the boards in the hot swap bays are crutial. without them i cant install drives in the bays. they are the small board in the bay that connects from the drive to the header board in the chassis. from someone like sun remarketing, there more than $100US, which i cant afford. i seanyepez has some in his sstripped ans 700, which he says he may be able to get to me, which i hope to dear god he can. so plez, convince him to help me if u can
i need this thing to replace my 8100, which serves my site; sine.ath.cx and my newton and mac software archives. and of course my mailserv... so pleeeez if you can help me source the parts i need, let me kno.
sine -''-..-

now known as pillowcase

Forum Links
Forum Rules