Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Showing wears already

Showing wears already
iKwak
Jan 7, 2004, 10:16 PM

I had this new G4 12" for almost a month and the handpad is already showing some wears. Meaning, where our palm touches when we type, it is not white (clean) as it use to be but showing some blackness. Even the touchpad is not white anymore.

Besides, washing my hands all the time (which I can't), any other methods to keep it clean? And can I make it back to its original color or just use it as it is?

dracoleb
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 7, 2004, 10:23 PM

well that's not really wear. That is just it getting dirty, which has nothing to do with build quality. Try a damp rag, should work well enough, just don't use any ammonia based cleaners.
"To create a new standard takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and captures people's imaginations. Macintosh meets that standard"- Bill Gates

iKwak  (op)
Jan 7, 2004, 10:45 PM

My bad, I don't mean wear. The iBook is high quality as to craftmanship.

How about the touchpad?

CeRtiFiedSkitZo
Jan 7, 2004, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by iKwak:
I had this new G4 12" for almost a month and the handpad is already showing some wears. Meaning, where our palm touches when we type, it is not white (clean) as it use to be but showing some blackness. Even the touchpad is not white anymore.

Besides, washing my hands all the time (which I can't), any other methods to keep it clean? And can I make it back to its original color or just use it as it is?
I'm planning on buying the iskin keyboard cover for my iBook. Now you can buy them at the Apple Store.

http://www.iskin.com/index.html

Forum Links
Forum Rules