Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Gingrich finally says something that makes sense.

Gingrich finally says something that makes sense.
OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 5, 2007, 08:32 PM

Who'd a thunk it? I might have to support him.........nah, who am I kidding? Unfortunately, the vast majority of Americans would rather drive their gas guzzlers at 80 mph, while their children are killed in Iraq.

Political Radar: Gingrich calls War on Terror "Phony"

Newt Gingrich, former Republican House Speaker, called the war on terror "phony" in a speech to a group of young conservatives in Washington, D.C. on Thursday.

The potential GOP presidential candidate told attendees of the National Conservative Student Conference that "We’re about to enter the seventh year of this phony war…and we’re losing."

Gingrich added, "None of you should believe we are winning this war. There is no evidence that we are winning this war."

Instead of the current strategy to fight terrorism, Gingrich said we should focus on energy independence. "We have to have a national energy strategy, which basically says to the Saudis, 'We’re not going to rely on you.'"
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Forum Links
Forum Rules