Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > SafariSkin

SafariSkin
mrbiiggy2
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 17, 2003, 01:29 AM

SafariSkin has been released... Is this any improvement to that other Safari theme switcher?

Liquidity X
Mac Elite
Jan 17, 2003, 01:31 AM

U can use my graphite one if u want, its on my website. Just call it GAC Graphite

mrbiiggy2  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 17, 2003, 01:45 AM

It's a shame you can't tell the app where to look for your Safari application. Not everyone keeps Safari.app in /Applications, like it wants. Mine, however, is in /Applications/Net... Looks like this app does need some improvement. All well

swiz
GUI Punk
Jan 17, 2003, 02:43 AM

It looked a lot more promising than Safarimask just because it would actually load my themes but when I press Install it doesnt do anything except change the background color for the progress and search areas...?

Is it working for others? If so I will go ahead and release the Chosen themes for Safari for SafariSKiin.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

SwarmyCurve
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 17, 2003, 07:28 PM

I guess that SafariSkin is the best icon swapper around right now. It seems that every couple of hours a new Safari tool is added to VersionTracker. How many apps do we need to have Safari become aquafied or remove underlined links? At least they are free!

mrbiiggy2  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 17, 2003, 08:20 PM

Apps that modify others that require fees (even shareware) are pathetic! Donationware, iMO, is alright, however.

Stevos
Jan 19, 2003, 09:19 PM

LiquidityX and swiz, I'll try to contact you guys about your skins.

mrbiggy, I've fixed your problem over here but there is still more testing to be done before I can release it.
swont

mrbiiggy2  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2003, 10:13 PM

Originally posted by Stevos:
mrbiggy, I've fixed your problem over here but there is still more testing to be done before I can release it.
That's cool, but too bad Safaricon has you beat. Good luck

Stevos
Jan 19, 2003, 10:19 PM

Has me beat? I'd hardly say this is over..

anyway, 0.2.1 is out,
http://www.aquasition.net/downloads/SafariSkin.dmg.sit

adds internet version check AND automatic discovery of Safari
swont

mrbiiggy2  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2003, 10:27 PM

IMO SafarIcon is much more polished than yours... I do like how yours is more minamalistic, however.

Consider making a progress bar showing the status of the change, and also a confirmation of install of the theme.

Your app is definitely much faster I must say. (Probably due the fact that SafarIcon is built in AppleScript Studio.

Stevos
Jan 19, 2003, 10:45 PM

My application uses the UNIX tool CP. The changes are insant. Any progress bar would be pretty useless.

Anyway, I'm basically looking for feature requests (besides more skins, which I am working on)
swont

mrbiiggy2  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2003, 10:59 PM

Ok, well how about a confirmation dialog then?

(I was going to point out, originally, that a progress bar might not be needed because the change is pretty much instant, but I thought I'd let you decide instead.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules