Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Tiger has gone Gold

Tiger has gone Gold (Page 3)
SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
Location: Shipped to another country by the US to be tortured so they can avoid Int. law.
Apr 2, 2005, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by piracy:
LOL!

Numerous others can (and will) attest to what was posted and when.

Some people just don't know what to do with accurate information.
Ah, so when others post what you do, but don't post with an air of arrogance, it must mean they are not as clued up as you.

Jeez, dude, just admit that you post what most others already know.
sanathana sarathi
si tacuisses philosophus mansisses

piracy
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2005, 05:12 PM

Well, this has now devolved into a pissing match.

I've provided ONLY accurate information, since March 2001, as others can attest to. Not one thing I've ever said has been incorrect. In the course of posting this always-correct and -accurate information, I've always fought off ridiculous crap.

As I've said several times, people can take it or leave it.

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
Location: Shipped to another country by the US to be tortured so they can avoid Int. law.
Apr 2, 2005, 05:12 PM

LOL!

I'm really sure you can't.

""
Can't, as in my brother doesn't work at Apple in a fairly decent position?

Or, that they can't find out who you are?

You're doing just the same things as what you accuse starman of.
sanathana sarathi

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2005, 05:14 PM

Well, this has now devolved into a pissing match.

I've provided ONLY accurate information, since March 2001, as others can attest to. Not one thing I've ever said has been incorrect. In the course of posting this always-correct and -accurate information, I've always fought of ridiculous ****, like from the appropriately-named SubGenius (sic).

As I've said several times, people can take it or leave it.
I think we can safely assume you took this to the gutter. You decided to be rude to others, and arrogant.

It comes right back at ya, what else do you expect?

P.S. Let's get it straight, I'm not disputing whether what you say is acurate, or not; just that it's not very hush-hush, or that no-one else knows.
sanathana sarathi

piracy
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2005, 05:17 PM

Originally posted by SubGeniux:
Can't, as in my brother doesn't work at Apple in a fairly decent position?

Or, that they can't find out who you are?

You're doing just the same things as what you accuse starman of.
All I've done is say which builds of 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, and now 10.4, are GM.

Occasionally, there have been rumor and other sites that have variously said as much before and after the fact. Always, there have been assertions that some other build (4K83, 5G68, 6C115b, 7Cxx) is GM, and proclamations why the GM build can't be GM. At some point, you realize consistently accurate and logical information is correct.

I don't come here and blatantly flaunt and brag about what's just been posted to ADC in clear and direct violation of contract terms, and publicly identify myself by name and location while doing it.

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2005, 05:22 PM

All I've done is say which builds of 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, and now 10.4, are GM.
I'm sure Apple would find fault in someone going around saying that one of their pieces of software is GM and about to be released. Plus, implying (I think you said it in the definitive) that Apple have held back the announcemewnt of a major piece of software due to the Pope dying, etc.

You're contributing and speculating at a level akin to rumour sites.

Anyway, I just think your approach to starman was way too personal and abrupt.
sanathana sarathi

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2005, 05:27 PM

Anyway, let's drop the slagging match and ego posturing.
sanathana sarathi

piracy
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2005, 05:30 PM

Anyway, let's drop the slagging match and ego posturing.
Done and done.

(And no, I'm not going to report starman to WWDR. But starman, seriously: stop bragging about your ADC membership all the time. It's bad form. And sooner or later, someone WILL report you to Apple, since your name, location, and other personally identifiable information that can easily trace back to your ADC account is public.)

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2005, 05:31 PM

Done and done.
I do apologise to you for calling you names, though.

Up for a virtual beer?
sanathana sarathi

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2005, 05:36 PM

(And no, I'm not going to report starman to WWDR.

I got carried away with making a point, even though I undersand where you're coming from.

No hard feelings.
sanathana sarathi

piracy
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2005, 05:40 PM

I got carried away with making a point, even though I undersand where you're coming from.

No hard feelings.
No worries.

Now back to Tiger, hmm?

Dog Like Nature
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 2, 2005, 06:12 PM

Can the rest of us come back into the room now?
╭1.5GHz G4 15" PB, 2.0GB RAM, 128MB VRAM, 100GB 7200rpm HD, AEBS, BT kbd
╰2.0GHz T2500 20" iMac, 1.5GB RAM, 128MB VRAM, 250GB 7200rpm HD

http://www.DogLikeNature.com/

Jan Van Boghout
Apr 2, 2005, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by Dog Like Nature:
Can the rest of us come back into the room now?

Person Man
Professional Poster
Apr 2, 2005, 10:35 PM

Occasionally, there have been rumor and other sites that have variously said as much before and after the fact. Always, there have been assertions that some other build (4K83, 5G68, 6C115b, 7Cxx) is GM, and proclamations why the GM build can't be GM. At some point, you realize consistently accurate and logical information is correct.

I don't come here and blatantly flaunt and brag about what's just been posted to ADC in clear and direct violation of contract terms, and publicly identify myself by name and location while doing it.
Careful... you're coming dangerously close to destroying some of the mysticism that surrounds you... (i.e. "does piracy work for Apple or not?") Best to leave some questions unanswered.

RonnieoftheRose
Apr 2, 2005, 10:45 PM

I've been reading piracy's reports for some years and he's always right. He does it well, using internet cafes and such to mask his ID. He might be breaking confidentiality but it hasn't done any harm. If anything it has gotten people ready with their credit cards or helped them know when to put the money aside for upgrade time.

Person Man
Professional Poster
Apr 2, 2005, 10:46 PM

Originally posted by RonnieoftheRose:
He does it well, using internet cafes and such to mask his ID.
How do you know this?

Moose
Senior User
Apr 2, 2005, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by Person Man:
How do you know this?
It sure sounds mysterious and cloak-and-dagger!

RonnieoftheRose
Apr 2, 2005, 10:52 PM

How do you know this?
If you were NDA and wanted to spill the beans where would you go?

Person Man
Professional Poster
Apr 2, 2005, 10:57 PM

If you were NDA and wanted to spill the beans where would you go?
That's true, but he's posted on other things as well, and I highly doubt that he's made all of his 902 posts (as of 9:57 PM EST on 4/2/05) from an internet cafe.

RonnieoftheRose
Apr 2, 2005, 11:02 PM

That's true, but he's posted on other things as well, and I highly doubt that he's made all of his 902 posts (as of 9:57 PM EST on 4/2/05) from an internet cafe.
Can do. Using a proxy-free server from home can still be risky. Internet cafes are used by the secret service too. You'll notice them easily because they wear sunglasses indoors

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2005, 11:04 PM

You'll notice them easily because they wear sunglasses indoors
I knew Rodman had a secret...

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2005, 01:18 AM

piracy, do you know when Tiger will announced/released?

Detrius
Professional Poster
Apr 3, 2005, 02:12 AM

LOL!

I'm really sure you can't.

""
Man... leave town for a day and this place just goes nuts.

Is that your nickname, or just your machine's? And is that really where you work??? Or do you just--ummm--visit?

Well, the web page that I pulled up was all about a guy... and it linked to another website that was created by that guy... and on that page was a big WWDC picture and a link back here... hmmm...

I think I know who you are. (your mysticism is safe with me)

I'll have to keep you in mind if I can't stand Los Angeles... (moving in two weeks)
( Last edited by Detrius; Apr 3, 2005 at 04:21 PM. )
ACSA 10.4/10.3, ACTC 10.3, ACHDS 10.3

goMac
Posting Junkie
Apr 3, 2005, 02:17 AM

Originally posted by starman:
And go ahead and report goMac to Apple. If they didn't arrest the kid for distributing Tiger, I'm sure they won't say anything to goMac about asking if he can go from 425 to 428.
Really? Did I break my NDA anywhere? Hmmmm... Let's see here... I ask if I can go from 425 to 428... No NDA'd information being provided there. Considering 425 was talked about on the rumor sites, and there is nothing concrete for 428. And I'm and ADC member, so I'm not stealing builds of Tiger.

You could try, but I think Apple would freeze my membership around the time hell freezes over.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Detrius
Professional Poster
Apr 3, 2005, 02:34 AM

Originally posted by goMac:
Really? Did I break my NDA anywhere? Hmmmm... Let's see here... I ask if I can go from 425 to 428... No NDA'd information being provided there. Considering 425 was talked about on the rumor sites, and there is nothing concrete for 428. And I'm and ADC member, so I'm not stealing builds of Tiger.

You could try, but I think Apple would freeze my membership around the time hell freezes over.
okay... calm down dude... everyone else has.

Just because the children can't get along doesn't mean you have to jump in and fight too.

Remember: arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics; even if you win...

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 3, 2005, 03:31 AM

Originally posted by Detrius:
Remember: arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics; even if you win...
You still have a decent shot at Christina Ricci?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

starman
Clinically Insane
Apr 3, 2005, 11:50 AM

How about he stops blatantly saying "OMG, JUST DOWNLOADED FROM ADC, OFF TO BURN AND INSTALL" and "OK, JUST BURNED (YOU KNOW, THE BUILD I JUST DOWNLOADED FROM ADC) AND INSTALLED, AND NOW I'M SUPER COOL" every time there's a new major version of OS X?

I mean, it's one thing for people to assume that a lot of people around here are probably ADC members. It's another to overtly and retardedly brag about it all the time, and at that, to do it sadly incorrectly (i.e., not even realizing which build is GM).
Maybe some of us just like to talk about the newest OS without some internet bully patrolling the field. You're such a loser.

Go ahead. Report me to Apple. See how fast they laugh at you.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

starman
Clinically Insane
Apr 3, 2005, 11:55 AM

Done and done.

(And no, I'm not going to report starman to WWDR.
Because you know you CAN'T

Mike
( Last edited by starman; Apr 3, 2005 at 12:20 PM. )

piracy
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2005, 12:31 PM

( Last edited by piracy; Apr 3, 2005 at 12:44 PM. )

piracy
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2005, 12:33 PM

(I've edited both of these posts, since there's no point in continuing this discussion. Any sane person realizes that from someone's name, geographic information, and time of download from ADC, a particular ADC account could easily be identified, even if one of the three pieces of information were incorrect. Plenty of people here are able to talk about Tiger without constantly bringing their ADC membership [if they possess one] into the discussion.)
( Last edited by piracy; Apr 3, 2005 at 03:28 PM. )

starman
Clinically Insane
Apr 3, 2005, 12:49 PM

(I've edited both of these posts, since there's no point in continuing this discussion. Any sane person realizes that from someone's name, geographic information, and time of download from ADC, a particular ADC account could easily be identified, even if one of the three pieces of information were incorrect. Plenty of people here are able to talk about Tiger without constantly brining their ADC membership [if they possess one] into the discussion.)
Posting that someone has an ADC membership is not against NDA.

Posting that they have Tiger is not against NDA.

Grow up.

Mike

Moose
Senior User
Apr 3, 2005, 01:11 PM

Oh?
3. Definition of Confidential Information. You agree that the Prototype and any information concerning the Prototype, including its nature and existence, will be considered and referred to collectively in this PLCA as �Confidential Information.�
I didn't include the exceptions because they don't apply here. They're available for your perusal here if you're interested or really think you can rebut.
4. Nonuse and Nondisclosure of Confidential Information. You agree not to disclose, publish, or disseminate Confidential Information to anyone other than employees and contractors working for the same entity as you who have an existing ADC membership. You further agree to take reasonable precautions to prevent any unauthorized use, disclosure, publication, or dissemination of Confidential Information.
I really wish shortstop was still in business.
Grow up.
Learn how to read a contract.

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
Apr 3, 2005, 02:19 PM

It is actually.

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2005, 02:54 PM

Posting that someone has an ADC membership is not against NDA.

Grow up.

Mike
Oh give it a rest.. Ive had enough of your off topic spotty little teenager style rants, spoiling what could have been a very interesting thread.
Whether you like Piracy or not, he's posted more good here over the years than yourself. No contest.
Drop it.
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

Dr T
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 3, 2005, 03:49 PM

Does anyone know what is the min. requirments needed to run Tiger?

Dr T.

the Rebel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 3, 2005, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by asdasd:
See if they go past 10.4.9 they will prob. have to go to 10.4.11 rather than 10.4.10 which would be confused with 10.4.1 ( are you still with me?).
How abou if they used hexadecimal? After 10.4.9 would come 10.4.A

Would that help alleviate the confusion?
Mark Bitterling
[email protected]

RonnieoftheRose
Apr 3, 2005, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by Dr T:
Does anyone know what is the min. requirments needed to run Tiger?

Dr T.
The same as Panther. We're not talking about Longhorn's criminal requirements.

mudzilla
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 3, 2005, 04:14 PM

Originally posted by the Rebel:
How abou if they used hexadecimal? After 10.4.9 would come 10.4.A

Would that help alleviate the confusion?
not really, to the average Joe in the street who doesn't count in hexadecimal, how will they know which is early, number 1 or the letter A?
understand your lives are rubbish

Detrius
Professional Poster
Apr 3, 2005, 04:40 PM

Okay people... this thread has gone horribly wrong. The bottom line is the following:

1) To have legal access to Tiger as of right now, you have to be a member of the ADC, or work for a company that is. Also, to have legal access to Tiger, you had to have signed an NDA. Discussing any info about Tiger that has not already been made publicly available is breaking your NDA. Agreeing or disagreeing with rumors is also breaking the NDA. Currently, acknowledging that you have Tiger is NOT breaking an NDA since Apple has publicly announced its existence.

2) If you have not signed/agreed to an NDA, you do not have access to Tiger legally.

3) You should not assume that you have anonymity when doing anything on the internet--be it posting here or downloading \/\/4r3z from some 1337 h4x0r'5 site. There are ways to figure out whom you are. As demonstrated above, sometimes it's incredibly easy. As also demonstrated by the RIAA, the MPAA, and the Think Secret case, eventually someone will care and will find you if you are breaking the law. There isn't much you can do about this.
( Last edited by Detrius; Apr 3, 2005 at 05:08 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules