Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > UT2k3 not works

UT2k3 not works
insert_coin
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2006, 09:05 AM

Hi!

Just installed the game with the patch installer, and patched the game with the 2225 version patch, open the app, appears the UT2k3 screen with the "beach ball", and it's closed in 5 seconds

What can I do? Shameful!!

Thx.
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look and do nothing.

jhonizzle
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2006, 12:34 PM

locate your UT2003.ini file open it with text edit and search for theses lines:
FullscreenViewportX=xxxxx
FullscreenViewportY=xxxxx

make sure that those values (x = numbers) do not exceed your screens native resolution.

example say my native resolution is 1440 x 900 (MBP) i have an external display with a native resolution of 1600 x 1200. so my settings read

FullscreenViewportX=1600
FullscreenViewportY=1200

so if i tried to run the game without the external attached it would do exactly whats happening to you. so change those values to

FullscreenViewportX=1440
FullscreenViewportY=900

or whatever your native resolution is on the monitor your trying to play on and it should work. do a Spotlight search for UT2003.ini

hope this helps/works

insert_coin  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2006, 04:43 PM

My native resolution is 1920x1200, and the default resolution in the .ini is 800x600.

But in all cases, thx for answer
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look and do nothing.

jhonizzle
Forum Regular
Nov 1, 2006, 10:39 PM

the only other thing i can think of is the video files much like in WoW with the intel macs they cause the game to crash. my guess would be is that this could be the same problem. unfortunatly i have UT2k4 so i can't tell you where they are if anyone can you could always check that

insert_coin  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 3, 2006, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by jhonizzle View Post
the only other thing i can think of is the video files much like in WoW with the intel macs they cause the game to crash. my guess would be is that this could be the same problem. unfortunatly i have UT2k4 so i can't tell you where they are if anyone can you could always check that
UT2k3 not have these files, I think so...

Thx again.

insert_coin  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 30, 2006, 08:09 AM

The problem persits. Maybe with Leopard intstalled...

Forum Links
Forum Rules