Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Possible to connect Powerbook to Powerbook with no router?

Possible to connect Powerbook to Powerbook with no router?
ZebzFree
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 7, 2004, 08:56 PM

Here's the deal. I'm going on a road trip with some friends this winter and me and my friend both have Powerbooks with a lot of the same multiplayer games. Is it possible to game with him sitting next to eachother in the car without wires, etc. We both have the brand new Powerbooks, him a 12" and I a 15". I was told once that it was possible to transfer files between two Powerbooks using the airport cards installed in them alone. I was curious how one might obtain such a connection or if just had smoke blown up my rear. Thanks for teh help! And links would be great too.

Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 7, 2004, 10:16 PM

Yes, you can do it through airport.
You should be able to create an computer to computer network.

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 9, 2004, 09:28 AM

To do this you'll both have to go into your AirPort Admin Utilities and set up the new computer-to-computer network. The computers will "look for" a wireless signal, find each other, and then talk. Note that this kind of network is not permanent; you'll need to do the same set up thing the next time you want to connect this way.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules