Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Application Switching

Application Switching
Agent69
Mac Elite
Dec 15, 2001, 11:42 PM

Is there a way to prevent MacOS 9 from switching to a specific application while using Command-Tab? Specifically, I want to avoid switching into Audion, which I like to run in the background.

Thanks,

Agent69
Agent69

Patrick
Mac Elite
Dec 16, 2001, 04:25 PM

I don't know of a way to do that without disabling the application switcher altogether, but there are ways around switching to one specific application.

Pressing command-tab switches apps in the order they appear under the application menu in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Pressing command-shift-tab will do this in reverse order.

Or you can just select the menu and drag out an application window (don't know what they call it) so you can switch applications by clicking on the one you want.

But I prefer to use a freeware control panel called LiteSwitch, which lets you select what application to switch to.

Agent69  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 17, 2001, 09:31 AM

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Agent69
Agent69

H�rnchen
Forum Regular
Dec 17, 2001, 10:40 AM

Another posibility is A-Dock. It switches like the Apple one (with ctr/tab) but doesn't open applications in background if you don't want to.
Murphy's Second Corollary:
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Forum Links
Forum Rules