Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Gaming Deals and Sales

Gaming Deals and Sales
Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Dec 20, 2011, 08:44 AM

I figured with the busy gaming season I would start up a Deals & Sales Thread, post up any deals you see, including older games that may have been missed in the past.

Although I've switched to primarily Amazon for my gaming purchases, there has been a few good deals floating around, also Amazon many times will price match ads as they come out.

( Last edited by Kevin Bogues; Dec 20, 2011 at 09:22 AM. )

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Dec 20, 2011, 08:50 AM

Rage was $29.99 on Black Friday (actually picked it up), now on sale on Amazon.com
Rage - Xbox 360 / PS3 - $19.11 FS

Toys R Us till 12/24
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Xbox 360/PS3
$39.99

Medal Gear Solid HD collection X360/PS3
$34.99

12/25 ad- Best Buy - Assassins Creed: Revelations - $30 & MW3 $40

Kmart -till 12/24
- Xbox Live Gold 12 Month - $44.99
( Last edited by Kevin Bogues; Dec 20, 2011 at 09:00 AM. )

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 20, 2011, 10:01 AM

This is a great thread idea.

P
Dec 21, 2011, 06:22 PM

Steam has a whole bunch today. Arkham City half off. NWN2 Platinum (ie, including both expansions, one of which is the excellent Mask of the Betrayer) is 75% off. I never got in to Stalker, but I know it was well reviewed, and it's also 75% off.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Dec 22, 2011, 08:58 AM

GameFly.com Year End Sale -All Free Shipping!
GameFly's famous annual Year End Sale features free shipping on all used games and big discounts on many items. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 1/3/12.
Personal Highlights/Recommends
Tom Clancys Splinter Cell: Conviction (X360) - $12.99
LA Noire (X360/PS3) - $11.99
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (X360/PS3) - $14.99
Dirt 3 - $12.99 (X360/PS3) - $12.99
Dead Space (X360/PS3) - $12.99
Bioshock 2 (X360/PS3) - $9.99
Prince of Persia Trilogy (PS3) - $24.99
Metro 2033 (X360) - $12.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (X360/PS3) - $29.99

Xbox Countdown to 2012 Sale: On Xbox Live
Day 3 - Valid until EOD 12/22
Fallout DLC
All 50% Off

Fallout 3
• "Broken Steel" - 400 MSP
• "Mothership Zeta" - 400 MSP
• "Operation: Anchorage" -400 MSP

Fallout: New Vegas
• "Dead Money" - 400 MSP
• "Honest Hearts" - 400 MSP
• "Lonesome Road" - 400 MSP
• "Old World Blues" - 400 MSP

iOS Sale Wiki
IGN 2011 Holiday Sale - App Store
- Great listing of on sale games for iOS
I grabbed a few of the EA/Gamevil/Gameloft titles down to $.99

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Dec 23, 2011, 10:25 AM

Best Buy Deal of The Day - Free Shipping
12/23
Available for Xbox 360 / PS3
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition - $19.99
L.A. Noire - Complete Edition - $19.99
GTA IV: Complete Edition - $19.99

Fantastic Deal on all three games (IMO), I highly recommend all three of these at $20 with all DLC.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 25, 2011, 08:29 PM

( Last edited by KCrosbie; Dec 25, 2011 at 08:55 PM. )

Chimpmaster
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 30, 2011, 12:06 AM

GameTree Mac - Download Great Mac Games

Some good mac games on special; esp. Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition @ $19.95

& Dragon Age 2 for $19.95 also.

MacBook Alu, 13", 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 256MB video
G5 Imac, 17", 1.9Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, 128MB video, built in isight, airport and bluetooth
Indigo iBook, 366mhz; 320MB RAM; CD; FW; Airport

P
Dec 30, 2011, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Chimpmaster View Post
& Dragon Age 2 for $19.95 also.

I got DA2 at that price a few months ago. I don't think it's a special deal, and the game is NOT worth that money. DA:O is excellent - DA2 is fundamentally flawed.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Chimpmaster
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 30, 2011, 07:31 AM

The insidemacgames review gave Dragon Age 2 a 9/10.

Inside Mac Games Review: Dragon Age 2

I haven't played it yet but it looks good from the outside looking in.
MacBook Alu, 13", 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 256MB video
G5 Imac, 17", 1.9Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, 128MB video, built in isight, airport and bluetooth
Indigo iBook, 366mhz; 320MB RAM; CD; FW; Airport

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Dec 30, 2011, 08:43 AM

Xbox Live Countdown to 2012 - 12/30
Gears of War 3 Day

Gears of War 3 - Season Pass - 1800 MS Points (November - February DLC)
1. Horde Command Pack - 800 MSP (Out Now)
2. RAAM's Shadow Campaign DLC - 1200 MSP (Out Now)
3. Fenix Rising DLC - 800 MSP (Out 1/17/2012)
4. February DLC - 800 MSP (TBD)

Misc. Avatar Gear Discounted

P
Dec 30, 2011, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Chimpmaster View Post
The insidemacgames review gave Dragon Age 2 a 9/10.

Inside Mac Games Review: Dragon Age 2

I haven't played it yet but it looks good from the outside looking in.
It does, doesn't it? I thought the same. I held off because of the horrible Mac support in DA:O, but after 6 months, I saw that the patchlevels were in sync, further patches were unlikely and the price was right, so I figured what the hell - it's Bioware, right? It can't be THAT bad.

It could. It IS that bad.
  • There is only one map for each type of area: one mansion, one cavern, one mine, one fade, one warehouse, etc. You enter in different places and they wall off parts to hide it a little, but it's pretty obvious. When the cavern map gets overused, they use the deep roads map even though it isn't the deep roads. You have seen all but maybe one or two by the end of the first act.
  • Nothing you do - absolutely nothing - matters. You move to the same ending, with the same people, no matter the choices you make. You get to pick one of two fundamentally different sides, and no matter which you pick, you end up in the exact same fight at the end. Also, none of the choices in the first game matter here - they're assuming that you went down the main road in DA:O, beat the archdemon, did all the companion quests and kept all companions alive to the end.
  • The dialog options with your companions are exactly three, in just about every conversation: flirt with them, annoy them, or avoid answering. Just want to be friendly with your questing buddies because it gives you an ingame benefit? Sorry, not possible - you end up romancing them. Just annoy them a bit? Sorry, that also leads to a romance, some sort of angry sex deal. The only way to avoid a romance is to run away from every conversation or balance your flirtation with annoying them to keep the scales balanced. Of your seven companions, four are romance options. A fifth - the narrator - was supposed to be a romance option but this was cut. One of the remaining is your sibling, leaving exactly one companion who is actually just not that in to you. The companion quest for her is to pair her up with another NPC (one of her subordinates, as it happens). Whichever companions you do not romance will hook up with each other. It's like a soap opera when the ratings start to drop.
  • The combat is simplified into silliness, and the focus is fighting huge mobs of weak monsters. These monsters show up in waves, with each wave after the first coming from all directions. Yes, that means that they will stab your mages in the back, and the last scrap of tactics (placement on the map) goes out the window.
  • All that gear you find is pointless, because you can't change the armor of anyone but your main character. You can change their weapons to another of the same type, and that's it. The stated reason for this - yes, really - is that noone cosplayed as DA:O characters.
  • The writing is quite frankly sloppy, with people frequently forgetting things that happened five minutes earlier and the like. There is an underlying story that is apparently pretty decent, but it's not shown on screen: It's told in the codex, the built-in help system. Do they expect us to sit and read on the display, or what?

The main game designer for DA:O left when he saw the plans for this game, and Bioware has slowly begun to retreat from DA2, admitting that it wasn't very successful (supposedly they're not selling any DLC, and sales fell off a cliff after the preorders). Just stay away and pray that they clean up the ME3 story (there was a leak, and it doesn't look good) and learn something from this garbage.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 30, 2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
Xbox Live Countdown to 2012 - 12/30
Gears of War 3 Day

Gears of War 3 - Season Pass - 1800 MS Points (November - February DLC)
1. Horde Command Pack - 800 MSP (Out Now)
2. RAAM's Shadow Campaign DLC - 1200 MSP (Out Now)
3. Fenix Rising DLC - 800 MSP (Out 1/17/2012)
4. February DLC - 800 MSP (TBD)

Misc. Avatar Gear Discounted
The flaw in this deal: You have to play Gears of War 3.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 30, 2011, 02:19 PM

You're just bitter because there's no DLC for Modern Warfare 3. (yet)

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 30, 2011, 03:10 PM

I was amused to see that Falcon 4.0: Allied Force was finally ported to Mac, 6 years too late (but priced at a reasonable $15).

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 30, 2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
You're just bitter because there's no DLC for Modern Warfare 3. (yet)
I kid about Gears of War (not that I'd want the DLC) but yeah I could sure go for some new MW3 maps.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2012, 01:11 PM

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $14.99 at newegg.com

Can't believe I haven't played this yet. Couldn't pass up this smokin' deal!

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Jan 26, 2012, 12:42 PM

Can't post any decent links from work but..

Amazon - $35.99 12 Month Xbox Live Card
Limited supply on this deal
Thats $24 off, great deal for any one on live.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2012, 02:44 PM

That's a good deal. I would buy one but my Xbox Live account doesn't renew until Nov. 2013.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 26, 2012, 02:46 PM

I should get on that, I think mine ends in late Feb.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2012, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
That's a good deal. I would buy one but my Xbox Live account doesn't renew until Nov. 2013.
Yeah, I'm good till Feb 2014. I bought 2 cards at a similar price.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Feb 2, 2012, 02:21 PM

Deal good through 02/04

Target
Skyrim - $59.99 + $20 Gift Card

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Mar 2, 2012, 08:57 AM

Best Buy 3/4-3/10

Batman: Arkham City - $29.99 - X360/PS3
- Cannot recommend this game enough
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - $39.99 - X360/PS3

Great deals on a few games...

P
Mar 27, 2012, 02:02 PM

Neverwinter Nights 2 Mac is $1 in the Mac App Store and on Aspyr's webshop, but it is only valid for one more day (missed the mail when it was new. NWN 2 is quite nice if you like classic RPGs, but I've never played the Mac port, and it seems that you have to hack in a PC version to get the excellent Mask of the Betrayer expansion.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2012, 10:52 PM

Target.com has a today only deal on M$ points! Don't typically see these on sale.

20% off a 4000 pts card! $39.99

Bought me 2 of them.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2012, 11:03 AM

Best Buy deal of the day - Batman: Arkham City for $19.99

Decent price, however too bad it isn't the GOTY edition.

Picked it up anyways, since I had a $10 Best buy voucher. Total price: $10.75!

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Jul 11, 2012, 03:51 AM

Some good buys on the XBL Deal of the Week

All of the Fallout 3 DLC is 50% off (Top 5 game of this generation IMO, and the DLC is great)

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="556"><tbody><tr height="20" style="height: 15pt"><td class="xl71" height="20" style="border-bottom: windowtext 0.5pt solid; border-left: windowtext 0.5pt solid; background-color: #d9d9d9; padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; border-top: windowtext 0.5pt solid; border-right: windowtext 0.5pt solid; padding-top: 1px" width="329">Deal of the Week</td><td align="center" class="xl81" style="border-bottom: windowtext 0.5pt solid; border-left: medium none; background-color: #d9d9d9; padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; border-top: windowtext 0.5pt solid; border-right: windowtext 0.5pt solid; padding-top: 1px">Discount Dates</td><td align="center" class="xl81" style="border-bottom: windowtext 0.5pt solid; border-left: medium none; background-color: #d9d9d9; padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; border-top: windowtext 0.5pt solid; border-right: windowtext 0.5pt solid; padding-top: 1px">Price</td></tr><tr height="20" style="height: 15pt"><td class="xl73" height="20" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; padding-top: 1px" width="329">Bethesda</td><td align="center" class="xl82" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="94">10-Jul to 16-Jul</td><td align="center" class="xl85" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px"> </td></tr><tr height="20" style="height: 15pt"><td class="xl67" height="20" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="329">Oblivion Shivering Isles</td><td align="center" class="xl83" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; padding-top: 1px"> </td><td align="center" class="xl83" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; padding-top: 1px">1200 (50% off)</td></tr><tr height="20" style="height: 15pt"><td class="xl67" height="20" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="329">Oblivion Knights of the Nine</td><td align="center" class="xl83" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; padding-top: 1px"> </td><td align="center" class="xl83" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; padding-top: 1px">400 (50% off)</td></tr><tr height="20" style="height: 15pt"><td class="xl67" height="20" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="329">Fallout 3 Mother Ship Zeta</td><td align="center" class="xl83" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; padding-top: 1px"> </td><td align="center" class="xl83" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; padding-top: 1px">400 (50% off)</td></tr><tr height="20" style="height: 15pt"><td class="xl67" height="20" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="329">Fallout 3 Point Lookout</td><td align="center" class="xl83" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; padding-top: 1px"> </td><td align="center" class="xl83" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; padding-top: 1px">400 (50% off)</td></tr><tr height="20" style="height: 15pt"><td class="xl67" height="20" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="329">Fallout 3 Broken Steel</td><td align="center" class="xl83" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; padding-top: 1px"> </td><td align="center" class="xl83" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; padding-top: 1px">400 (50% off)</td></tr><tr height="20" style="height: 15pt"><td class="xl67" height="20" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="329">Fallout 3 The Pit</td><td align="center" class="xl83" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; padding-top: 1px"> </td><td align="center" class="xl83" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; padding-top: 1px">400 (50% off)</td></tr><tr height="20" style="height: 15pt"><td class="xl74" height="20" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: bottom; padding-top: 1px" width="329">Fallout 3 Operation: Anchorage</td><td align="center" class="xl84" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px"> </td><td align="center" class="xl84" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px">400 (50% off)</td></tr></tbody></table>
Also a few XBLA games take the 50% haircut

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="556"><tbody><tr height="21" style="height: 15.75pt"><td class="xl76" height="21" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="329">Microsoft Studios Arcade Sale</td><td align="center" class="xl82" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="94">10-Jul to 16-Jul</td><td align="center" class="xl82" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="132"> </td></tr><tr height="21" style="height: 15.75pt"><td class="xl67" height="21" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="329">Toy Soldiers Cold War</td><td align="center" class="xl82" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="94"> </td><td align="center" class="xl82" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="132">600 (50% off)</td></tr><tr height="21" style="height: 15.75pt"><td class="xl67" height="21" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="329">Hydrophobia</td><td align="center" class="xl82" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="94"> </td><td align="center" class="xl82" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="132">200 (50% off)</td></tr><tr height="21" style="height: 15.75pt"><td class="xl67" height="21" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="329">Section 8 Prejudice</td><td align="center" class="xl82" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="94"> </td><td align="center" class="xl82" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="132">600 (50% off)</td></tr><tr height="21" style="height: 15.75pt"><td class="xl67" height="21" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="329">The Splatters</td><td align="center" class="xl82" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="94"> </td><td align="center" class="xl82" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="132">400 (50% off)</td></tr><tr height="21" style="height: 15.75pt"><td class="xl67" height="21" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="329">Hydro Thunder Hurricane</td><td align="center" class="xl82" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="94"> </td><td align="center" class="xl82" style="padding-left: 1px; padding-right: 1px; vertical-align: middle; padding-top: 1px" width="132">600 (50% off)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jul 11, 2012, 05:46 PM

I may take Microsoft up on the 50% off of Toy Soldiers. I need something to play and that seems something a little different than what I have been playing.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

P
Jul 15, 2012, 08:03 AM

Steam has its summer sale now, with lots of games on sale every day - including options to vote for your favorite sale.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 22, 2012, 08:33 PM

Best Buy has their Summer Gaming Blowout on a lot of games and there are some damn good ones!

I just picked up the following...

Assassains Creed Relevations - $9.99
Medal of Honor - $9.99
Resident Evil: ORC - $14.99
Metroid: Other M - $4.99!!!

It's going on all week long!

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 22, 2012, 08:36 PM

Oh I almost forgot...

Batman: Arkham City GOTY edition at K-Mart is $29.99 for XB360!

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2012, 06:33 PM

Microsoft's Back to School XBLA sale

Some decent titles for sale. This sale will be live until September 9th.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 5, 2012, 06:40 PM

As I mentioned in the Borderlands 2 thread, you can pre-order it on the Microsoft store here and get a $10 dollar gaming coupon towards a future purchase and get a free 1600 point X-Box live card. This deal also is good for Resident Evil 6!

The $25 credit towards your next purchase at the Microsoft Store if you pre-order Halo 4 is still available here.

I took up on all 3 of these offers. Basically I have $45 towards a future purchase and I got 3200 M$ points.

Pretty damn good.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2012, 07:10 AM

Just went to the Microsoft store website and bought Forza Horizon for $15! Used a $10 promo code I got for pre-ordering Borderlands 2 earlier this year and total price charged was $5.40!

Max Payne 3 will be on sale later today for $15 at Amazon. Gonna pick that up as well.

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Nov 30, 2012, 03:07 AM

Decent BF deals, did zero in store shopping for gaming but still took advantage of the usual Amazon price matching...
Picked up:

Assassins Creed III - $35
Need for Speeed: MW - $25
Dishonored - $25
Halo 4 - $60 ($20 credit & $10 steaming credit) - Gift -

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 30, 2012, 09:55 PM

I got 1000 gamerscore for NFS Most Wanted pretty quickly Bogues. Let me know if you need help. I see you've been quite busy on it. The Bugatti Veyron is by far the best car in the game.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2012, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
I got 1000 gamerscore for NFS Most Wanted pretty quickly Bogues. Let me know if you need help. I see you've been quite busy on it. The Bugatti Veyron is by far the best car in the game.
Damn, I can't even get the first car, Alfa IIRC. And the getting away from cops stuff is impossible.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2012, 04:13 AM

Damn, I can't even get the first car, Alfa IIRC. And the getting away from cops stuff is impossible.

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Dec 1, 2012, 04:25 AM

Yea I've really knocked out a lot pretty quickly, but it's absolutely fantastic, a true spiritual sequel to Burnout Paradise but with slightly more realistic driving and licensed cars (a personal pet peeve in driving games)

I maybe need some assistance with a few of the multiplayer achievements, I'll let you know.

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Dec 1, 2012, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Actually I had some trouble with the Alfa but have since blown through the most wanted cars with little resistance.

I highly recommend you have a completely upgraded car for the race, to include reinflates, track tires, pro nitrous.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 1, 2012, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin Bogues View Post
Actually I had some trouble with the Alfa but have since blown through the most wanted cars with little resistance.
I highly recommend you have a completely upgraded car for the race, to include reinflates, track tires, pro nitrous.
So finish first in the races leading up to the most wanted races? Sorry, its been a while.

Kevin Bogues  (op)
Senior User
Dec 1, 2012, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
So finish first in the races leading up to the most wanted races? Sorry, its been a while.
Yea by finishing first in those 5(?) races you will unlock the upgrades that make that race much easier (this actually applies to the majority of the most wanted)

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 23, 2013, 07:03 PM

Buy.com has 12 month Xbox Live Gold cards for $35. Get them now while they're still in stock.

Buy.com - Xbox 360 Live 12-Month Gold Membership Subscription Card

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 24, 2013, 12:01 AM

Damn bro! Good find! Just bought me three years worth!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 14, 2013, 05:59 PM

Civ 5 for Mac is on sale on steam at 50% off ($15 or %25 with all DLC). Never played it before, but its a pretty renown series and may I have to dip my toe in on this one.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Jul 15, 2013, 10:10 AM

Is this where we discuss the Steam Summer Sale or is there another thread for that?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 15, 2013, 02:52 PM

Is the thread title not obvious enough?

P
Jul 15, 2013, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Civ 5 for Mac is on sale on steam at 50% off ($15 or %25 with all DLC). Never played it before, but its a pretty renown series and may I have to dip my toe in on this one.
Civ V got "OK" after a few patches, as long as you understand that a minor decision early on will affect your gameplay all the way through - you basically have to pick what victory you aim for just at the beginning. Civ IV is a significantly better game though.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 15, 2013, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by P View Post
Civ V got "OK" after a few patches, as long as you understand that a minor decision early on will affect your gameplay all the way through - you basically have to pick what victory you aim for just at the beginning. Civ IV is a significantly better game though.
As someone who never played Civ before, do you think IV would be better suited on that criteria as well?

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Jul 15, 2013, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
As someone who never played Civ before, do you think IV would be better suited on that criteria as well?
IV and V play differently. Warfare is GROSSLY different between the two, with V not allowing unit stacking, and IV allowing for "stacks of doom" with the combat engine picking (correctly) the best unit to defend when attacked.

The tech tree is different, V is WAY more than just a coat of paint than IV. Some prefer IV, some prefer V. I play both, still.

Forum Links
Forum Rules