Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Monk

Monk
demograph68
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2005, 03:33 AM

Does anyone else like this show?

TubaMuffins
Senior User
Jan 25, 2005, 03:36 AM

i love this show but i never rememeber when its on so i only catch it occasionally when im flipping through. i think its hilarious

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2005, 04:10 AM

You need TiVo.

I love Monk, but I'm going to miss Sharona (and Benji).

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

ASIMO
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2005, 04:20 AM

He wears his sweater like I do.
I, ASIMO.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2005, 04:23 AM

Originally posted by ASIMO:
He wears his sweater like I do.
Like a foreskin?

sideus
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2005, 04:23 AM

Monk is a good show.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jan 25, 2005, 06:59 AM

I haven't seen it in a while, but I enjoyed it.

What's happened to Sharona?
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

demograph68  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2005, 07:18 AM

macroy
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2005, 09:21 AM

This is one of those shows that I don't know when its on....nor do I really look to see when its on. But everytime I flip to it, I can't leave it. Same goes for "Dead like me".... But I think I may catch the next season... whenever that will be.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2005, 10:17 AM

Great show and keeps getting better. Sharona's replacement seems like a good fit - should make for some funny shows. My wife and I never miss it. It's on Friday nights at 10:00 pm EST on USA. Gotta love having a DVR.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2005, 11:13 AM

monk is a great show. i've been waiting for the new episode for months, and then i forgot about it. thankfully they reran it. now i have my dvr set to record it.

i had nothing against sharona, but i think i prefer her replacement. she seems like she will 'baby' monk less, maybe help him in the long run.

i wanted monk to take the bird home. they were perfect for each other

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Jan 25, 2005, 11:49 AM

I really like that guy... Do they have any of his shows on DVD. Perhaps I can Netflix them?

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2005, 12:11 PM

Originally posted by mdc:
i had nothing against sharona, but i think i prefer her replacement. she seems like she will 'baby' monk less, maybe help him in the long run.
I can't agree. I like this new lady just fine, but there was something special about the Monk/Sharona (and Tony/Bitty) relationship. The beginning of the episode illustrated that perfectly to me -- it was heartbreaking to see Monk dealing with Sharona's departure. Again, I'll also miss Benji and the way Monk was a father figure to him. This new girl is no Benji.

i wanted monk to take the bird home. they were perfect for each other
So did I, but he couldn't. Even if he took him home, they'd both still be alone. I think it's supposed to be Monk's own Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. He's going to start changing things if he doesn't want to end up alone.

The first two seasons of Monk are available on DVD.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

demograph68  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2005, 12:32 PM

(I'm also a fan of the X-Files.)

Tony Shalhoub - Doctor Chester Banton

2X23 Soft Light

Detective Kelly Ryan, one of Scully's ex-pupil at the academy asks for her assistance on her first ever case. Three people have vanished without a trace, the latest victim, Patrick Newirth disappeared from his locked hotel room leaving only a black smear on the floor near the door. Mulder toys with the idea of spontaneous human combustion. However when they discover that all three victims passed through the Richmond train station, Mulder and Scully review the station's security footage, a move rewarded when Mulder notices a man sitting at one spot in the station acting strangely. On the video they can make out the badge he is wearing which leads them to a company called Polarity Magnetics. They show a photo of the man in the station to Dr Davey, who identifies him as his colleague Dr Ray Banton, who was researching dark matter. But Dr Banton has not been seen since he accidentally exposed himself to a massive amount of energy that burnt his shadow in to the wall. Mulder and Scully stake out the station and when Dr Banton appears, they attempt to arrest him. Dr Banton warns them not to touch his shadow, Mulder realises that his shadow is deadly and arranges for him to be taken in to custody safely. However Detective Ryan and her department block Mulder and Scully from further access to Dr Banton. Frustrated Mulder contacts X about the case, but X tells him he can not help. Later X kidnaps Dr Banton and delivers him to a government laboratory to be tested on.

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2006, 01:35 PM

Captain Leland Stottlemeyer (Center, above, with mustache)

Captain Stottlemeyer (Ted Levine) is Adrian Monk's former boss, the man who was forced to let Monk go from the San Francisco Police Department when his obsessive compulsive disorder began to interfere with his ability to investigate cases and interact with his fellow officers. But even though he is no longer a member of the force, Stottlemeyer still often calls on Monk to provide his unique insights into cases that have San Francisco's finest stumped. Although Stottlemeyer is a highly decorated detective, he knows he will never be as good as the illustrious Monk - and that fact often drives him crazy.
I just discovered who he was in a previous life.

WATCH EXCLUSIVE VIDEO OF TED LEVINE ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS!
Ted Levine stars as "Captain Leland Stottlemeyer" in the USA Network original series Monk.

Best known for his role as the serial killer "Buffalo Bill" in the classic thriller The Silence of the Lambs, Levine has been keeping busy. Most recently, he was seen in The Manchurian Candidate, directed by Jonathan Demme and starring Denzel Washington, Meryl Streep, and Liev Schrieber; and in Birth, opposite Nicole Kidman. His other film credits include Wonderland, with Val Kilmer and Kate Bosworth; Ironweed, with Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep; Betrayed, with Debra Winger and Tom Berenger; Heat, with Al Pacino and Robert De Niro; Georgia, with Jennifer Jason Leigh and Mare Winningham; Bullet, with Mickey Rourke; Wild Wild West, with Will Smith and Kevin Kline; Ivan Reitman's Evolution, with David Duchovny and Julianne Moore; The Fast and the Furious, with Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez; and the Jonathan Demme thriller The Truth About Charlie, with Mark Wahlberg and Thandie Newton. He will soon be seen in The L.A. Riot Spectacular, opposite Snoop Dogg, and recently finishing shooting Memoirs of a Geisha, directed by Rob Marshall.

Levine's television credits include Harlan County War, the USA Network original miniseries Moby Dick, Tom Hanks' From The Earth To The Moon for HBO, The Last Outlaw, Broken Promises, Death Train, Dead and Alive, Out of Season, The Fulfillment of Mary Gray, and Two Fathers' Justice. Most recently, Levine starred in the critically acclaimed ABC television series Wonderland.

An accomplished stage actor, Levine has appeared in numerous productions including Sam Shepard's "Buried Child" on Broadway; "Your Home in the West" and "El Salvador and Killers" for the Steppenwolf Theatre Co.; "Life and Limb" for the Wisdon Bridge Theatre; and "70 Scenes of Halloween," "Time of Your Life," "A Class D Trial in Yokohama," and "The Tooth of the Game" for the Remains Theatre.
Consider these posts as my way of introducing you to yourself.

Proud "SMACKDOWN!!" and "Golden Troll" Award Winner.

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2006, 01:37 PM

Captain Leland Stottlemeyer (Center, above, with mustache)

Captain Stottlemeyer (Ted Levine) is Adrian Monk's former boss, the man who was forced to let Monk go from the San Francisco Police Department when his obsessive compulsive disorder began to interfere with his ability to investigate cases and interact with his fellow officers. But even though he is no longer a member of the force, Stottlemeyer still often calls on Monk to provide his unique insights into cases that have San Francisco's finest stumped. Although Stottlemeyer is a highly decorated detective, he knows he will never be as good as the illustrious Monk - and that fact often drives him crazy.
I just discovered who he was in a previous life.

WATCH EXCLUSIVE VIDEO OF TED LEVINE ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS!
Ted Levine stars as "Captain Leland Stottlemeyer" in the USA Network original series Monk.

Best known for his role as the serial killer "Buffalo Bill" in the classic thriller The Silence of the Lambs, Levine has been keeping busy. Most recently, he was seen in The Manchurian Candidate, directed by Jonathan Demme and starring Denzel Washington, Meryl Streep, and Liev Schrieber; and in Birth, opposite Nicole Kidman. His other film credits include Wonderland, with Val Kilmer and Kate Bosworth; Ironweed, with Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep; Betrayed, with Debra Winger and Tom Berenger; Heat, with Al Pacino and Robert De Niro; Georgia, with Jennifer Jason Leigh and Mare Winningham; Bullet, with Mickey Rourke; Wild Wild West, with Will Smith and Kevin Kline; Ivan Reitman's Evolution, with David Duchovny and Julianne Moore; The Fast and the Furious, with Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez; and the Jonathan Demme thriller The Truth About Charlie, with Mark Wahlberg and Thandie Newton. He will soon be seen in The L.A. Riot Spectacular, opposite Snoop Dogg, and recently finishing shooting Memoirs of a Geisha, directed by Rob Marshall.

Levine's television credits include Harlan County War, the USA Network original miniseries Moby Dick, Tom Hanks' From The Earth To The Moon for HBO, The Last Outlaw, Broken Promises, Death Train, Dead and Alive, Out of Season, The Fulfillment of Mary Gray, and Two Fathers' Justice. Most recently, Levine starred in the critically acclaimed ABC television series Wonderland.

An accomplished stage actor, Levine has appeared in numerous productions including Sam Shepard's "Buried Child" on Broadway; "Your Home in the West" and "El Salvador and Killers" for the Steppenwolf Theatre Co.; "Life and Limb" for the Wisdon Bridge Theatre; and "70 Scenes of Halloween," "Time of Your Life," "A Class D Trial in Yokohama," and "The Tooth of the Game" for the Remains Theatre.

"It puts lotion on it's skin!"
Consider these posts as my way of introducing you to yourself.

Proud "SMACKDOWN!!" and "Golden Troll" Award Winner.

paul w
Mac Elite
Jun 26, 2006, 01:47 PM

I've always liked Tony Shalhoub. He's had a couple excellent roles in the Coen Bros. films, and that's a sign of quality for me right there.

Only seen Monk a couple times, but that's the way it goes when you lead the international playboy lifestyle...

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 26, 2006, 02:10 PM

Ah, a year and a half ago. Good times.

Incidentally, I've hardly watched Monk since Sharona left. Natalie is kind of hot, but less engaging than your average potato.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

demograph68  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 26, 2006, 04:04 PM

I noticed that I created this thread. Incidentally, I'm busy cleaning the kitchen like a maniac.

ghporter
Administrator
Jun 26, 2006, 08:06 PM

Start a new thread-don't resurect one that's over six months old, let alone 18 months old!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules