Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Dishonerable

Dishonerable
sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2014, 08:30 PM

I'm definitely getting it, but I've treated myself enough lately, so I'm probably going to hold off for a while.
- Oct 2012.

The original Dishonored thread is to old to be bumped apparently but I wanted to share my experience with the game now that I've beaten it.

Originally Posted by gradient
Well I've been playing this a few nights this week and am underwhelmed. It's a well produced game with some fun elements (cool powers, yadayada), but overall it just feels like I've played this already. I think that I'd be mighty impressed if I hadn't already spent hundreds of hours over the past few years playing Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Skyrim...I might just be plain tired of Bethesda games. Or is it the Unreal engine that I'm bored of? I don't know enough about this stuff to know whether these games all play similarly because the dev team is limited by the engine they use, or if it's a conscious choice.
I think my time away from Bethesda's games have certainly helped getting really into Dishonored. It's a mishmash of so many themes from other big games. Half Life dystopian whale-fueled society with a hint of Bioshock and a zombie plague to boot...and magic. I'm not going to get into details but I feel the game is simply fun to play, and that's all it relay comes down to. The powers are slick, the sneaky bits sneaky and the stabby bits stabby. Controls tight, tons of UI options, easy to pick up and play but not outwardly challenging.

First go was on Hard with the full UI going for the good "killed very few people" ending. Started again to play on Very Hard minimal UI and killing everything I see. Even creeping through the game and rendering hundreds of people unconscious I still managed to beat it in under 15 hours. However, it's a pretty good sign when I exit the ending credits and hit start new game again, there's games I own that I haven't bothered to finish once.

Rumor
Aug 17, 2014, 12:32 AM

If this is the one currently free for Gold, I just downloaded it today.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Aug 17, 2014, 12:39 AM

Yup, it's the one for free on gold, available today in fact...

P
Aug 17, 2014, 10:12 AM

To anyone playing: this is supposed to be a stealth game, where you sneak around and avoid big firefights. That was not clear to me in the beginning. I love the setting, but the gameplay was only so-so.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Aug 21, 2014, 06:06 PM

I feel like the game can be either stealth or action. On the hardest difficulty going in guns blazing is certainly challenging, but not impossible. My second play-through fizzled out a bit, turns out going for a near kill-less approach was more entertaining than killing everything in sight.

Forum Links
Forum Rules