Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Your iPhone Bill

Your iPhone Bill
otep1760
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2007, 09:37 AM

im looking to get an iPhone but ill have to drop t-mobile ( i have a sidekick 3 ) and i was just wondering how much your monthly bill is with the iPhone. how many minutes / texts do you get with it? i want to get it but i dont want to have to pay a whole lot more that what i pay now for my phone. thanks

onlyone-jc
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 6, 2007, 10:17 AM

Why don't you have a look yourself? Go [here] and click on 'PLANS'.

onlyone-jc.

otep1760  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2007, 01:30 PM

thanks a lot. that helps me tremendously, also can anyone tell me how much the activation fee is ?

-Q-
Sep 6, 2007, 02:15 PM

US $35 for activation.

otep1760  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2007, 03:00 PM

so do you have to pay for the first months bill when you activate? or do you just pay for the phone and then the activation?

Cold Warrior
Sep 6, 2007, 03:08 PM

I've read that the activation charge just goes on your first bill, although I don't see any reason you couldn't pay it up front at the time of purchase (unless, because most iPhones are activated at home via iTunes, that AT&T prefers it go on the bill, possibly due to the headache of charging for a service not yet performed [activation]). Hmmm.

otep1760  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2007, 03:20 PM

i see, thanks for all the info, i im going to get an iPhone pretty soon. ATT is selling the 4gb for $299 and 4gb is all i need. so im going to go there and get one pretty quick before they run out of the 4gb.

im going to get it with 450 anytime, 1000 nights and weekends and 1000 texts for $69.99 so thats as much as i pay for my sidekick 3 now. and the iPhone is a much better phone. so i assume it will be worth it.

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2007, 03:21 PM

You get your first bill once the billing cycle you're in is over. Budget for this one, AT&T pre-charges for the month, so the breakdown is as follows:

1) activation fee
2) prorated charge for the current billing cycle
3) full charge for the next cycle
4) any overages/fees for the current cycle

Your bills after that will be the normal rate, and AT&T will give you an estimate of this first bill on your customer service/account page before your first cycle is even over.

It's not a big deal if you're prepared for it and know what's going on. Just remember that you're paying for your current cycle before the cycle starts if you ever decide to cancel your service.
( Last edited by Earth Mk. II; Sep 6, 2007 at 03:22 PM. Reason: typos)
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

otep1760  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 6, 2007, 03:25 PM

so the first bill is a combonation of the first month and the full bill of the next month before it even happens?
thats cool, kind of what i expected. still not too bad i dont suppose

donny31
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 8, 2007, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by onlyone-jc View Post
Why don't you have a look yourself? Go [here] and click on 'PLANS'.

onlyone-jc.
R u that P-O'd at the world that you just cant give a decent answer --relax or DONT respond

onlyone-jc
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 8, 2007, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by donny31 View Post
R u that P-O'd at the world that you just cant give a decent answer --relax or DONT respond
Sorry, I think you completely misunderstood me. That wasn't my tone in any remote way when I typed/wrote that. I merely meant for them to take a look at the AT&T website.

I guess it just proves how much typed/written words and tone/emotion can be worlds apart at times.

onlyone-jc.

Forum Links
Forum Rules