Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Printing on OS X

Printing on OS X
onlyone-jc
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 24, 2006, 07:00 AM

Hi.

I recently installed my printer on my Mac, and also my PC. All the features and options are there on my PC (duplex printing, borderless, etc). But, on my Mac, it is a plain, standard printing menu. There are no options other than paper size, and the like.

I used the official installation CD that I got with it for installation on both platforms. So, why aren't all the options available on OS X?

Does anybody have a solution to this?

Thank you.
onlyone-jc

OreoCookie
Jan 24, 2006, 09:26 AM

Well, all options are there, you just have to select the proper item from the pop-up menu. For most apps, e. g. Safari, it will read `Copies & Pages'. Click on it. If you want to print duplex, for instance, choose Layout from the pop-up menu and select the proper option. You will find all other options in various pop-up items, only page size has to be set separately. Before you print, the menu item just above Print should read Paper Size. There, you can set the paper size.

If you think you are missing options, I would say, before posting, install the latest print drivers.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

onlyone-jc  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 24, 2006, 12:15 PM

Ah, thank you. So, the menus work a little different on OS X. All the menus are within a single display on the PC. But, this still works well.

Thanks again.
onlyone-jc

Forum Links
Forum Rules