Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Are all Powerbook users rich/well off?

Are all Powerbook users rich/well off? (Page 2)
LlamaBoy  (op)
Sep 30, 2003, 09:07 AM

Just to clarify I meant six figure as in 100,000, not 1 million. I wish I made close to 1million, but I'm not a CEO or a baseball player. I would have a Powerbook and 23" Cinema Display in every room!

dwalls32
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2003, 09:07 AM

Full time college student in graphic design. Part time computer support person. I used my student loan to buy my PB/IPOD combo.

pjmurphy
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2003, 09:08 AM

Originally posted by danbrew:
Above average from what? The general population? Well, shoot, of course. These suckers ain't cheap. And dumb people generally don't use computers. Above average from a typical computer user? I think that's a stretch...

Where can one review this "research?"

Oh yes, did you know that 87.04% of all statistics are made up on the spot?
First off, kill the confrontational tone...

Second, put some effort into your postings... one Google search and you will find information..

One piece of research:

The Nielsen//NetRatings survey, commissioned by Apple, found that Macintosh Web surfers have a higher level of education and income than average Web surfers.

Mac users are also more Web savvy, have been online longer their Windows PC counterparts and are more likely to spend money online, the survey found.

The survey also found that almost three-quarters of Mac users online have a college or postgraduate degree, compared with about half of the overall online population.

"With above-average household income and education levels, the Mac population presents a very attractive target for marketers, both online and offline," said a NetRatings analyst in a statement.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
www.brandthunder.com
15" MBP
2 nanos (blk, red)
8GB iPhone
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Toutgood
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2003, 09:16 AM

Graphic Artist. This 1 ghz 15 inch ti I'm writing on is my work environment. The way I see it is, I work better in a more stable environment. It's worth the money, I'm more productive and don't have some kind of unhealthy love/hate relationship with my computer as I had with previous Windows pcs.

Here in France they cost a bit more, and I think are more associated with having a bit of money. All the kids seem to be building their own pcs. This said, I see lots of Gumdrops, ibooks and so on. Haven't seen anyone with a 17 incher yet.

Yes I bought an iPod, and I had to scrape those dollars together to do it. I'm not disappointed at all.

If I were wealthier I'd buy myself a 12" Al for travel and meeting as well as a phat 23" display...

Eug
Clinically Insane
Sep 30, 2003, 09:43 AM

Click here for the lounge -->

YoungTurk
Sep 30, 2003, 09:59 AM

Trial lawyer. Plaintiff only. All-Mac law shop - since 1986.

Both Apple and Microsoft have done features on me, which have run on their national (worldwide) websites. Apple's is at:

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/article.../02/zavaletta/

and Microsoft's is at:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/officex...p&navindex=fd1

YoungTurk
PB G4 12" 1.33 ghtz 1.25 RAM/80 HD/AE/SuperDrive, FP iMac 800 (Superdrive), Silver iPod Mini, iBook 600 Combo, PMac G4 733 (Superdrive), Snow iMac 600

CrackedButter
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2003, 10:02 AM

I'm a student in the UK studying Art and Graphic Design... what sort of computer SHOULD you use?

Seriously though, i bought an iBook earlier this year due to some key features that i couldn't find elsewhere, like Battery Life, Weight and OSX's ability for not crashing, plus i had tried linux and wasn't that impressed, i wanted to use it not work on it. Anyway i pull a full/part time job as a waiter and i have a FAT credit card...however i'm not rich and whereas i spend alot for an Apple (hopefully buying a PB soon) i don't drink, smoke or waste my money on other things.

I guess us bunch are more careful with our money rather than actually being rich.
"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not and add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee

hunkhuang
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2003, 10:28 AM

I think PC users are richer.

Because they have more money to pay for the fixing and repairs. and PC won't last...

17" widescreen LCD, 1GHz PowerPC G4,
1GB DDR266 SDRAM, 80GB Ultra ATA HD,
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX, 64MB DDR video memory

CyberPet
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 30, 2003, 10:40 AM

I'm not well off at all, but I do have debts. Working in the graphics industry it is natural for me to also own a Mac at home. Since I always wanted a laptop (to be able to work home, bring back the work the day after etc) that's what I got. It'll probably be another 2.5 years before I upgrade my Mac since that's when the debt is paid and the AppleCare has run out. My iPod I got for a translation job I did, the guy (a friend) thought I deserved something nice and since it was near christmas as well he spoiled me with an iPod. He is a lot better off than me.
/Petra

bobette
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2003, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by CyberPet:
I'm not well off at all, but I do have debts. Working in the graphics industry it is natural for me to also own a Mac at home. Since I always wanted a laptop (to be able to work home, bring back the work the day after etc) that's what I got. It'll probably be another 2.5 years before I upgrade my Mac since that's when the debt is paid and the AppleCare has run out. My iPod I got for a translation job I did, the guy (a friend) thought I deserved something nice and since it was near christmas as well he spoiled me with an iPod. He is a lot better off than me.
Nice friend!
this lounge is a poor substitute to the bbq.

CyberPet
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 30, 2003, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by bobette:
Nice friend!
Yep, I have few, very few friends, but the friends I have are wonderful!

Actually, I forgot to mention that I also use my PowerBook as my voice aid. I have a voice handicap that makes it impossible for me to speak (long story) so the Text-to-speech software is gold for me. And yes, I type fast!
/Petra

bobette
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2003, 11:26 AM

Yep, I have few, very few friends, but the friends I have are wonderful!

Actually, I forgot to mention that I also use my PowerBook as my voice aid. I have a voice handicap that makes it impossible for me to speak (long story) so the Text-to-speech software is gold for me. And yes, I type fast!
Is it available in Swedish or do you use it in english?

LfGrdMike
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2003, 11:34 AM

Im a college student beginning at junior college majoring in computer science. I plan to transfer to the Rochester Institute of Technology after these first 2 years to get a BS degree (BachSci not Bull ****) ummm.

I have a good part time job, but am so busy I only get about 12 hours a week for 7 bucks an hour teaching swim lessons and guarding the pool. Less than that maybe its 8 don't know, and don't care. Although my dad has a good job at kodak and I consider him a bit above avg middle class. He doesn't go buying a new computer often like some. Why he has a blue and white G3 and is planning on upgrading it now cause he is at the point where the comptuer isnt doing what he needs it to do. Understand what i am saying. He sat on a flipping fold up chair for 20 years sitting in front of his equipment. he finally got himself a comfortable huge swivel chair. Me and my mom kept telling him go treat yourself to a chair, but it doesn't bother him. He does a lot of digital photography, and has a really nice digital camera. Although he is an engineer at kodak here. I admire him for those qualities. He also gave my sister a honda civic 2000 when she moved away and "helped me out too" with the purchase of a 2001 Chevy Prism EX/(Chevy made toyota corrola used with a good deal so far nps), he then had to get my mom a mazda protege cause he gave my sis moms civic. Well long story short he has had the same caravan for the last 5 years and it keep sbreaking so he is finally going to get himself something this time. He asked my mom about color and she said you decide.

So sure I'm lucky, but I was brought up good to understand that money isn't everything.

Also he had to work really really hard to get where he was. He had to do it all by himself, and he was smart enough that they gave him a scholarship to get schooled for free, before he got a PHD. He grew up in Pitsburgh, and his father (my gramp) worked at the steel mills.

Hows that for a history lesson
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display
iPod Mini Green | 35 gigs of music :-)
HP DV1040us Laptop | 1.6 Pentium M | 1GB RAM | Centrino

darren h
Sep 30, 2003, 12:02 PM

Started my own business last year so rich? not yet However I needed a laptop for presentations etc. I had been tucking away money all year for tax, in the UK at the moment, businesses get a 100% tax break on IT equipment so it was the choice of dropping �1400 to the tax man or buy a laptop, no contest

george328
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2003, 12:07 PM

We just know our priorities.

Commodus
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2003, 01:02 PM

I certainly wouldn't say that I'm rich, but I do think that I'm blessed in that my financial situation is good and looks promising for the future.

About 3 years ago I got a tech support job with an ISP. It's not glamorous work (especially not now - we're overwhelmed), but it's one I've been able to maintain consistently for the past 3 years, even while I was a student. I just increased or decreased my availability depending on the time of year. I have my B.A., I'm looking to get my Master's and I have no debts to speak of!

On top of that, I don't have to pay much in the way of living expenses (being notoriously cheap outside of computers helps) and know enough to save a good portion of my income. My buying a PowerBook last year was something done only after I A) wanted to get my first Mac and B) was terribly eager to step up from the clunky and slow Toshiba Satellite I'd been using until then.

So in other words: an alignment of good circumstances let me get a PowerBook. Hopefully my education and work experience will let it stay that way.
 24-inch iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

pantalaimon
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2003, 01:48 PM

well off?? you must be joking, especially after spending �1700 on a Powerbook 15"!

I'm a Graphic Design student without a job and just starting the last year of my course. I've sold my old computer and ipod to help pay for the Powerbook. It will be worth it though
1.33GHz G4 iBook 12"

CyberPet
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 30, 2003, 02:24 PM

Originally posted by bobette:
Is it available in Swedish or do you use it in english?
The built-in text-to-speech is only in English (well in Mexican spanish too) so I have to use a third-party-software if I want to speak Swedish. I'm still waiting for the company (Infovox) to port the software to Mac OS X which has been promised to be out at the end of this year. They are also going to ship another software, which has better voices (human, not computer generated) which is supposed to be out soon too.

[edit] Forgot to mention that I do use the English version too since my husband is Canadian and we mostly speak English together [/edit]
/Petra

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2003, 02:40 PM

I am a part time teacher making 20k year and I fix computers as a side business. I got my Al 17" with my teachers discount and pay $55 a month. So I am far from rich and i work hard and use my PB as inspiration to work even harder so I can make my paments on it....
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

Blackstealth
Sep 30, 2003, 02:41 PM

Yet another University student: 4th (and final) year of BSc Business and Management - spent the last 12 months working fulltime as a multimedia designer, before that worked nights in a supermarket - Hard work is how I've paid for all my toys: iPod, Studio Display, MDD G4 ... et al.

Only bought a PowerBook now because a) I had sufficient funds to do so, and b) I've secured a moderately well paid part time job as a design consultant and need to work on the go.

Not rich by any means...

AC Rempt
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2003, 02:56 PM

Not rich, but not poor. I'm a tentured English professor, and I make enough to afford a house and some other small luxuries, but within reason.

I afford a lot of hardware by selling the old stuff to friends or on eBay. These sales offset an awful lot of the costs.

Also, since my college is slow to upgrade and has a real Windows bias, I told them to take their PC crap and shove it. I provide my own hardware now, in the guise of my soon-to-arrive PowerBook. This also means tax write-off.

It does get expensive, but I want to be able to get my work done and offer mystudents the best educational experience I can. That means Apple.

bobette
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2003, 03:19 PM

[edit] Forgot to mention that I do use the English version too since my husband is Canadian and we mostly speak English together [/edit]
Really? Hey I'm canadian too! Regards from Canada...

mania
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2003, 04:55 PM

I would be considered poor at the moment - but I just sold my web devel biz and get a 'real job' tomorrow (doing the same thing) - so now maybe i can afford a powerbook soon... funny the company i will go to work for would provide a windows box but I can't bring myself to work on one so I am still buying my own equipment (i'll start out with my g4 tower). there is one other guy there with his personal tibook (the sys admin) who can't bring himself to use windows - sweet.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 30, 2003, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by LlamaBoy:
After following the posts here for months, I have noticed that most people who own a Powerbook also own a Cinema Display and/or iPod etc. This is a very expensive setup, and was wondering what most people here did for a living.

I am a Network/Security Administrator for a small software development company in Atlanta. I am the only person at my company using a Mac, but everyone drools over it and wishes they could switch. I dont make over six figures, but it is close. I am not bragging, I bet most people here make more judging by how expensive this equipment is.

But saying all that, I would NEVER go back to a Windows laptop. I love my Powerbook!
I'm not rich, but I'm comfortable. I'm an Apple Service tech, writer, and graduate student... all that = no time to do jack. I did get a few breaks that others typically don't, and I've invested well. That said, I don't waste $ on outside entertainment, vacations , or expensive cars... my other hobbies are way too cost prohibitive.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2003, 07:00 PM

Just to clarify I meant six figure as in 100,000, not 1 million. I wish I made close to 1million, but I'm not a CEO or a baseball player. I would have a Powerbook and 23" Cinema Display in every room!
I'm glad you clarified that. I was starting to feel inferior.

As for THOSE 6 FIGURES. I am willing to bet that all the college students that have posted will be well on their way to that by graduation- simply because they are smart enough to buy a Mac and better themselves. They are a step above their fellow students- no matter what those class rankings say!!!!

Good luck lil ones. Fear not, the Mac will take you to higher ground!!!

s0litude
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2003, 07:25 PM

I'm a Product Consultant at a software company here in Chicago. I just graduated from college last year (Marquette University actually with a double major in Information Systems and International Business), and I deal with PC's all day every day. PC's are a headache but I really don't mind working on them. However, once I get to my desk I have a brand spanking new 15 in. Powerbook and a 40GB. All for 2700. I got a 200 dollar rebate and an educational discount because I am going to grad school at Depaul University for Computer Science, focusing on Computer, Network, and Information Security. I really don't make much, but this laptop is the best investment i've made. I already made some of my money back on the side by creating some instructional cd's using macromedia suite for a private grade school, and macromedia kicks ass on apple. With apples you're basically getting what you pay for, even more in the long run.
Hi!

babajazz
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2003, 07:36 PM

you're kidding right? I bought a rice cooker the same day I ordered the new 15 inch. I'm a struggling music producer and am sick and tired of my PC crashing on me while I work on my projects.
I think you need to be happy with what you got my friend. Everyone has to work hard for what they've got. Its called sacrifice!

macndave
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2003, 08:31 PM

I am a Business Analyst for a fortune 20 company. It allows me a comfortable living (no kids or a wife, so I don't have the same expenses as many others).

For the longest time, I drank deeply the Apple kool-aid. If Apple released it, I purchased. I still buy lots at the Apple Store and have somehow managed to not upgrade to a 15" Albook.

Like many, I've managed most upgrades by selling the existing PowerBook or Power Mac. So, I've not had to pay the full cost of a new Mac for many years.

1.5Ghz AlBook G4 + 20" Cinema Display
Cable Modem via Airport Express
iSight Enabled @ dmwilsonh

todrain
Senior User
Sep 30, 2003, 10:10 PM

I'm a Purchasing Manager for a retail chain (full time) and a part time grad student.

My pay is ok, but since I'm single, I don't have too much in the way of expenses.

I was also able to buy my PowerBook in Delaware when I was up there earlier this year (no sales tax.. saved a lot of money over the 8.25% Dallas Tax) I got my 20" Cinema on one of those 18 months no financing deals, so I'm just paying it off in pieces.

superlarry
Senior User
Sep 30, 2003, 10:25 PM

i am not rich! i just enjoy a good computer! more than i enjoy a sufficient bank account..

bobette
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2003, 10:28 PM

Originally posted by superlarry:
i am not rich! i just enjoy a good computer! more than i enjoy a sufficient bank account..
cool sig Dude...

Eyenovation
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2003, 01:35 AM

Who needs to be rich. Apple products are what young adults and credit cards were made for.

kooshXIII
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 03:22 AM

I'm a student with a negative annual income of about $4000. I financed mine.

LlamaBoy  (op)
Oct 1, 2003, 08:46 AM

Originally posted by hunkhuang:
I think PC users are richer.

Because they have more money to pay for the fixing and repairs. and PC won't last...

desillusion.com
Oct 1, 2003, 08:58 AM

allrighty, here's my whole story:

i'm from germany, currently graduatin from "high school" (well, here we've got 13 grades and then go directly to university, no colllege there).

i've been using my father's macs since i could read and write, still remember looking at the 9" b/w screen of the SE/30 with 8mhz-power.. those where the times man =)

in 2001 i got myself on some exchange program and spent a year at a highschool in texas.. i decided i reallly needed some "mobile computing device" while i was away from home, but at the age of 16 i just couldn't afford a powerbook... so i got me a 'cheap' (speaking of quality, not price.. still cost me about $1800) pc-laptop, that did what it was supposed to do, but never really got my love.. it's just not cool to switch from mac to pc..

but thats history, i'm 19 now, ordered a new 12" last week and can't wait for it to ship..
i wouldn't call me rich, but i can make a living off working freelance for local agencies as a webdesigner. and the 12" was just what i was looking for..

so i'll just need to wait for the 10th of october (est. shipping date).

PvD_45RPM
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 08:28 PM

^ to the poster above

I'm 16 and waiting on my 12 powerbook (oct. 11) for my stay in Germany its my 3rd time, woohoo. What's the WiFi like there? I'm going to ask my cousin tonight 'cause thats who I'm staying with, but it would be nice to know another opinion. FYI I'm staying in M�lheim an der Ruhr in Nordrheinwestfallen (by D�sseldorf and Essen).

Rand
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2003, 08:36 PM

Ever notice where Apple places all of their retail-outlets?

They specifically choose high-dollar, high-traffic venues. I know at least where I live, the Apple store is in the "wealthier" mall in town - and I know they do this on purpose.

The fact is that macs require a larger down-payment to use, and in general are more expensive for the average net/mail user. If you use a mac you either need it (ie. graphics - in which case macs are cheaper and easier than alternatives) or you have money (if not at the moment, the education you are getting with the mac, and because of the mac, are indicators that you most likely will make money in the future.

It's not politically incorrect to state what is a fact, and while many users do not have money at the time of purchase - they are wise enough with their money to get a mac, and most can "afford" it even if they don't have the cash. Apple knows this, and the economic strategies they employ (after spending lots of money researching) illustrate this.

@ho
Oct 1, 2003, 09:15 PM

I am an architect and I work at my family business a office furniture dealer and I am in charge of sales, marketing and design, and other stuff. I am not rich but i recieve and extra bonus according to my sales in the month, this helps me save money to buy what ever I whant to, and this powerbook will also improve some of my work I am doing in my ibook right now.

MattiMattMatt
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 09:46 PM

Originally posted by gator:
Another college student - Comp Sci.

Internship helped me to pay for mine
You're lucky. I don't pay my interns diddly-squat.

Composer.

-MattiMattMatt

Nawus
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2003, 10:05 PM

getting by;-)

Darksider
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2003, 11:53 PM

Recently graduated, got my 12" at compusa with their 6 month no interest deal. Screw apple loans!

OKCutter
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2003, 01:26 AM

I bought my first mac (a DP500 tower) a few years ago when I was making a very comfortable (for my part of the country) living as a freelance cameraman. When my daughter came along, I came in off the road, (was out of state on average 4 days per week) and went to work at a local tv station for about 1/3 the $$. However, local freelance jobs have enabled me to add a 1ghz TiBook, several external drives, software upgrades, etc. Basically, my "day job" pays the bills and freelance work buys the toys.

As all of us addicts know, if you're jonesin' hard enough...you'll find a way to come up with the cash! Fortunately, my macs have paid for themselves several times over.
DP 500mhz Powermac G4
15.2" TiBook, 1 Gig, SD

sbc
Forum Regular
Apr 22, 2004, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by Eyenovation:
Who needs to be rich. Apple products are what young adults and credit cards were made for.

:cheers:

Whenever I do make that purchase it'll be financed. I'm a college student with negative cash flow. My plan would be to get it paid off ASAP!
Am I ready for the Mac? I want a 60G iPod!!!!!

mrmister
Mac Elite
Apr 23, 2004, 12:03 AM

Yes, we are all rich.

capuchin
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 23, 2004, 01:34 AM

IT guy for Graphic Design firm.

But I make almost as much freelancing as I do in the regular job. And my 15" 1.25Ghz powerbook didn't cost me a penny
All opinions are entirely those of my employer. It's not my fault.

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 23, 2004, 02:23 AM

not rich. work 50+ hrs a week and save my money. also knew a wholesaler and got my powerbook and cinema display for half off retail.

madmacgames
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 23, 2004, 02:36 AM

Another college student here (major in Music Business). All I can say is thank Apple for the 12" as it was a model I could semi afford, and thank them again for EDU discount and Apple loan program. I am still paying it off, but it is well worth it, IMO.

Got it for a few reasons: I have a bit of the "tech type" in my blood and do some web programming, so with OS X I just could not resist. I'm also a creative type and again OS X shines there in letting you be creative in your work whether it be programming, webdesign, audio recording, scriptwriting, songwriting, etc (all things I like to dabble in). And 3rd, I am part owner in a company, which one of the divisions is a mac oriented webstore. I mainly admin and support that webstore and its customers, so I figured, and had always planned, that I better get myself a Mac... and when the revision B 12" came around that is just what I did.

PS. Don't have an Apple display here (it is hard enough trying to pay for my powerbook), but instead got a highly recommended Envision 17" LCD with a pretty nice price tag. (I did break down and get the Apple bluetooth mouse though... well worth it). Do not have an iPod either, though I would like one, the price needs to come down a little on those.

Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Apr 23, 2004, 04:08 AM

As for all the college students purchasing Powerbooks, what is your major? I used to work at Kinkos in the computer department, and all the college art/design students would use Macs, and all the people looking for a job would use Windows.

I am a college student and I bought a 12" PowerBook last October, with money I made last summer at an internship. Right now I'm pretty much living month-to-month and will use the money I just got from selling my old Pismo (yay!) to cover rent next month. After that I'm expecting an income tax refund and then another internship to start up in June.

When I bought my computer I thought I had more money than I actually did. Several large checks I had written in the fall were late getting cashed, and when I bought my computer for about $1500, I thought I had about $1000 more than I did. Had I known the truth, I probably wouldn't have bought it at the time. However, it has turned out to be so useful that if I had known how much I was going to use it I probably would have bought it anyway. Heh.

My major is Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.

I'd have to get pretty poor to not own a PowerBook (or a desktop Mac of some kind). Decent Macs can be picked up pretty cheap on eBay, and I'd much rather have an older Mac than a brand-new PC with all the bells and whistles. And now that an eMac is $799, a new Mac is cheaper than ever.
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

rm199
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 23, 2004, 05:09 AM

worth pointing out that rich and well off are totally different things... quite frankly, anyone who can afford to buy a powerbook is well off. Rich on the otherhand... well that is just plain rich.

ibulldog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 23, 2004, 06:26 AM

I teach A.P World Literature and Creative Writing and am in the process of compiling my first collection of poetry for publication. I know of another seven teachers in my building who are also Macnuts. We're not rich, certainly, but of the mindset that the relationships we have with our Macs help us do our jobs more effectively; for us, the key word, I suppose, is relationship.

I don't want to sound so melodramatic about it, but I've acquired enough ancedotal evidence watching PC users freak out over the years to appreciate my machine more and more as time goes by.

Just think Zen and the Art of the Powerbook.

(Just a quick observation: You folks really make me laugh from time to time. I like wading through these forums to see what opinions you have to offer and seek advice when needed. But most often, I simply like to sit back and read. You're like a group of students--seriously--all different, but with a common agenda. I like being a part of your community.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules