Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > How to configure Powerbook keyboard?

How to configure Powerbook keyboard?
z@mro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2003, 03:49 PM

Hi!

Is there software available, which allows me to reconfigure keyboard?
- I bought Powerbook from states, but I'm originally from Finland, so I would like to add Scandinavian characters (�,�,�) to the keyboard "virtually".

Does anybody know how to do this?

benb
Nov 17, 2003, 04:00 PM

In the International preference pane select the input menu tab. Select any keyboard layouts you want. Select "Show input menu in menu bar" too. Click "Options..." and make sure both boxes are checked.

That should do it.

CyberPet
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2003, 12:50 AM

Might have to lose some key because the Swedish/Finnish keyboards has one extra key compared to the American/British keyboards (hence a smaller return-key). Check around, you might be able to buy a spare keyboard for your PowerBook that fits.

If you know Swedish check some of the Swedish "For Sale"-sites, might get lucky there and the shipping to Finland shouldn't be much, maybe �2 or �3.
/Petra

Forum Links
Forum Rules