Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Coming back into the fold

Coming back into the fold
darnnit2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2004, 11:14 AM

Hey guys. I've been a lurker for quite some time now and I just wanted to share my enthusiasm on switching back to Mac after a 4 year hiatus. Ordered a 15in PB yesterday and I'm already neurotically checking the order status on it!

It's good to be back!

dantley
Forum Regular
Feb 20, 2004, 01:17 PM

Originally posted by darnnit2:
Hey guys. I've been a lurker for quite some time now and I just wanted to share my enthusiasm on switching back to Mac after a 4 year hiatus. Ordered a 15in PB yesterday and I'm already neurotically checking the order status on it!

It's good to be back!
Welcome back! I bought a 15" 1.25ghz PowerBook 2 weeks ago and I love it.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Feb 20, 2004, 01:41 PM

Chalk one more for the "Born Again Mac Users" list.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

pete
Mac Elite
Feb 20, 2004, 03:10 PM

It's amazing that a computer, a silly piece of metal and silicon, can give you that feeling of excitement. I know it so well - people on the PC side don't seem to feel that way.

Just got an albook a few weeks ago - what a wonderful machine. You're in for a treat!

Enjoy and welcome back!

magicbbird
Feb 20, 2004, 03:16 PM

I place an order for al-15" 1.5G ram two weeks ago. Originally it would be shipped out last week. Then came the email saying due to some unexplained reason it is delayed until beginning of March.

I got two options when I call (by the way, I ordered from Apple online): wait it out and get a wireless KB for free; cancel the order.

Know what? I cancelled the order because I feel there might be something new coming down the pipe. I can wait a few more weeks to see.

Still...the wait is unbearable...

iREZ
Professional Poster
Feb 20, 2004, 03:27 PM

Looks like Pete needs to update his signature.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

darnnit2  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2004, 09:28 AM

yeah, the whole rush is just crazy. the bad boy in question has been listed as "shipped", which seems a nice quick turnaround, and is in sacramento, ca. only a thousand more miles to go!

it's funny though. my roommate has a powerbook (ti 867) and seeing it in action day in, day out has gotten both me and one of our friends to be "born again".

i've got a hunch this is gonna be a lot more fun to play with than my performa was.

bkb
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 21, 2004, 01:51 PM

Apple should post a little counter on the Order Status pages to show users exactly how many times they have checked the order status.

That would be funny, and perhaps a little scary
PBG4/12"/1GHz/1.25GB/60GB//SD/APX/10.3

SouthPaW1227
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 21, 2004, 03:06 PM

Originally posted by pete:
It's amazing that a computer, a silly piece of metal and silicon, can give you that feeling of excitement. I know it so well - people on the PC side don't seem to feel that way.

Not so true pal...I absolutely LOVE the feeling of getting a new Mac & seeing the shipment email and such, but there's no less love for my PC. Just recently I ordered a very sweet gaming rig and just like I've done w/ my Macs, I notoriously checked the order status and was THRILLED to see it ship and stayed up until 4:00am the day I got it setting it up & playing games on it.

BTW, to the OP, CONGRATS on your new Mac!

Forum Links
Forum Rules