Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Observation: Is it me or are democrats bitchy people who play dirty?

Observation: Is it me or are democrats bitchy people who play dirty?
george68
Banned
Oct 9, 2004, 09:35 PM

Ya know, have no real sense of morals, play dirty, like to bitch and complain a lot....

I ****ing hate democrats.

I hate 'hardcore' republicans too, but not as much. Usually the ultra conservative people aren't BAD people, they're just too stupid to be anything other than ultra conservative...but see, the democrats, they can be intelligent people, they're just ****ing obnoxious, whiney, and don't make any sense.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 2004, 09:54 PM

Yes, it's definitely you who is bitchy and plays dirty.

Isaac
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2004, 09:55 PM

there not bad people... they just hate people who aren't just like them.... that's all...

"Capitalism is man exploits man, in communism it's the other way around" -- some guy...

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 9, 2004, 09:58 PM

Originally posted by george68:
Ya know, have no real sense of morals, play dirty, like to bitch and complain a lot....

I hate 'hardcore' republicans too, but not as much. Usually the ultra conservative people aren't BAD people, they're just too stupid to be anything other than ultra conservative...but see, the democrats, they can be intelligent people, they're just ****ing obnoxious, whiney, and don't make any sense.
Hmmm. how do you really feel?
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 9, 2004, 10:36 PM

It's just you. There are no Republicans like that.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

UR-20
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 9, 2004, 11:31 PM

Any kind of example would be awesome!

Like did a democrat not signal while making a turn or something?

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Oct 9, 2004, 11:38 PM

Originally posted by KarlG:
It's just you. There are no Republicans like that.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Oct 10, 2004, 12:05 AM

Is this a trick question?

All seriousness aside, I wish Dems would play "dirtier" SO THEY COULD WIN THE FRIGGIN' PREZ ELECTION NOV. 2!

ok i feel better now.

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 01:22 AM

It is sooooo funny you started this thread because I was thinking of compiling examples of the dems' characteristics I've noticed on these pages.

I'm starting to wonder if there really is a connection between what I have noticed in libs, a kind of Fuzzy Brained quality, where they have a tough time interpreting things accurately. And the world, seen through their eyes but expressed on these pages, looks at least slightly off-kilter from even a neutral observer's perspective.

So far, here are the categories of their posting/debating traits I've noticed.

Fuzzy Logic
Inability to Interpret Accurately
Twisting Opponents Argument
Failure to Read Thoroughly
Inablity to Face Reality

Mole Holing (To escape being trapped they go to another thread and make the same refuted points, leaving the opponent to feel he's at an amusement park WHACK A MOLE game...you think they're taken care of but they pop up elsewhere with the same point)
Consider these posts as my way of introducing you to yourself.

Proud "SMACKDOWN!!" and "Golden Troll" Award Winner.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 04:17 AM

Originally posted by aberdeenwriter:
It is sooooo funny you started this thread because I was thinking of compiling examples of the dems' characteristics I've noticed on these pages.
Apparently Democrats are also notorious flip-floppers, as so often proclaimed by Republicans and exemplified by.. well... you.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 10, 2004, 04:55 AM

I'm starting to wonder if there really is a connection between what I have noticed in libs, a kind of Fuzzy Brained quality, where they have a tough time interpreting things accurately. And the world, seen through their eyes but expressed on these pages, looks at least slightly off-kilter from even a neutral observer's perspective.

So far, here are the categories of their posting/debating traits I've noticed.

Fuzzy Logic
Inability to Interpret Accurately
Twisting Opponents Argument
Failure to Read Thoroughly
Inablity to Face Reality

Mole Holing (To escape being trapped they go to another thread and make the same refuted points, leaving the opponent to feel he's at an amusement park WHACK A MOLE game...you think they're taken care of but they pop up elsewhere with the same point)
You've made this charge several times now, with no proof whatsoever. If you really want to get into this, make a new thread with examples of each of these traits that you've observed on this forum. Put up or shut up.

You're starting to sound more like a troll every day.

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 11:18 AM

Originally posted by Icruise:
You've made this charge several times now, with no proof whatsoever. If you really want to get into this, make a new thread with examples of each of these traits that you've observed on this forum. Put up or shut up.

You're starting to sound more like a troll every day.
Are you BLIND to it?

The old adage about 'not being able to smell one's own stink' comes to mind.

Or are you making a blanket denial?

I'd say EVERY neo-con has noticed this. Why not YOU?

Isaac
Forum Regular
Oct 10, 2004, 11:28 AM

Neo-conservative

To belong to a doctrine or group that suggests it is okay to use force to tactically aquired every resource on the planet either through a client state system or direct rule. Fringe groups (normally Christians) and secrective inner circles also believe that it is Americas divine right to do this.

Tend to explain their actions by praying on the fears and ignorance of a large portion of the masses.

Neo-con think tanks are known for their logical buisness like thinking, forgetting the fact they also come up with social policies too.

Neo-conservatives got elected into the Whitehouse because Americans are too stupid to vote for arguements against them.

Dictonary: Neo-Conservative

"Capitalism is man exploits man, in communism it's the other way around" -- some guy...

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by Isaac:
Neo-conservative

To belong to a doctrine or group that suggests it is okay to use force to tactically aquired every resource on the planet either through a client state system or direct rule. Fringe groups (normally Christians) and secrective inner circles also believe that it is Americas divine right to do this.

Tend to explain their actions by praying on the fears and ignorance of a large portion of the masses.

Neo-con think tanks are known for their logical buisness like thinking, forgetting the fact they also come up with social policies too.

Neo-conservatives got elected into the Whitehouse because Americans are too stupid to vote for arguements against them.

That source www.urbandictionary.com seems to place a greater emphasis on URBAN and a lesser focus on DICTIONary.

EDIT: snip superfluous words
( Last edited by aberdeenwriter; Oct 10, 2004 at 11:54 AM. )

Isaac
Forum Regular
Oct 10, 2004, 12:03 PM

you could go there and submit your own deffintion if you don't like the one they have there already...

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 12:07 PM

you could go there and submit your own deffintion if you don't like the one they have there already...
Let's see...

This is an example of libs:'

Twisting opponent's argument and inability to face reality.

There's an example fer ya Icruise.

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2004, 12:10 PM

*cough* Karl Rove *cough*

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 12:17 PM

Originally posted by Agasthya:
*cough* Karl Rove *cough*
*cough*Mickelson's #38 on the money list*cough*

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2004, 12:20 PM

*cough*Mickelson's #38 on the money list*cough*
No he's not

He's #2

Isaac
Forum Regular
Oct 10, 2004, 12:22 PM

Let's see...

This is an example of libs:'

Twisting opponent's argument and inability to face reality.

There's an example fer ya Icruise.

maybe I'm very stupid, but I don't quite see how I've twisted your argument, or have failed to face reality, and I'm not exactly sure how you get the idea that I'm a "liberal", atleast not in the sense that you are using the word (aka, Democrat, one of the two partys involed in petty fighting amoungst each other while not really having any significant differences)...

ps, I posted that deffintion mostly to see your response

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 12:43 PM

I don't hate them, per se.

But, have you noticed that a lot of the "democrats" are not from this country?

Isaac
Forum Regular
Oct 10, 2004, 01:15 PM

what argument did I twist?... that urban dictionary is more urban then dictionary?... sure it's more urban then dictionary, it tells how urban people use and define words... but actualy it tell how who ever submitted the deffintion use and define the word... how does me saying that you can submit your own deffintion twist or pervert your "argument" in anyway what so ever?... and did I deny that urbandictionary.com is more urban then dictionary?... if this isn't what you are adressing, I'm not sure what you are... do you think that I'm denying that liberals are subject to:
  • Fuzzy Logic
  • Inability to Interpret Accurately
  • Twisting Opponents Argument
  • Failure to Read Thoroughly
  • Inablity to Face Reality
??
inwhich case your argument is that I'm in denial for denying being in denial, which is *very round*, and I think it might be a catch 22 also...

or are you saying the deffintion I posted was an instance of twisting your argument and not facing reality?... that doesn't make sense, cause I didn't even adress you as having any sort of argument, nor did I deny anything!... normaly when I think of neo-con, I think of neo-nazi and friendly fascism... I suppose you could have different assosiations, but those are mine, but by no means does my posting a deffintion constitutes contradicting your "argument"... err... this post is over, untill I get better composed and figure out what the hell you are talking about...

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2004, 01:49 PM

maybe I'm very stupid,
there is no maybe. you just are

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Capt Shane
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 10, 2004, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
This Thread just went to the 1st grade level... next stop breaking down the paper brick wall your kindergarden classmate just built cause you wanted the bricks too...
-Shane

Go Army!

Signal Corps the Voice of Command!

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 02:11 PM

Arrogance is a cover for insecurity.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Isaac
Forum Regular
Oct 10, 2004, 02:13 PM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
hahaha... now go f*ck yourself

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 02:22 PM

maybe I'm very stupid, but I don't quite see how I've twisted your argument, or have failed to face reality, and I'm not exactly sure how you get the idea that I'm a "liberal", atleast not in the sense that you are using the word (aka, Democrat, one of the two partys involed in petty fighting amoungst each other while not really having any significant differences)...

ps, I posted that deffintion mostly to see your response
OK, Isaac, obviously you have something to say. But I don't want your less than skillful use of the language to get in the way of my insulting you just as I would ANY liberal.

You're probably NOT stupid, but definition is spelled with one 'F.'

Not everyone here always spells 100% correctly. Sometimes I get sloppy and won't bother to look up a spelling or I won't bother to edit a post when I spot a misspelling.

Many of the posters here, argue and debate in their second or even third language and do it pretty well.

This is kinda like amateur boxing. I don't mind sparring with you but I feel like if I give you a real 'stinger' it would be like I was being a bully or something.

OK. Having said that, if you don't mind my debating with you the way I would anyone else, I will.

You'll probably be even faster to improve your word skills if you get yer ass handed to you a few times.

OK?

Isaac
Forum Regular
Oct 10, 2004, 02:40 PM

you want to argue something I've said, go ahead... still not sure what argument I was twisting or being in denial of...

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Oct 10, 2004, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by KarlG:
Arrogance is a cover for insecurity.
No, no, it's funny and cool because he's just direct! LolOl, I'd buy the cunt a beer!1 Lol1!

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 03:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Isaac:
Neo-conservative

To belong to a doctrine or group that suggests it is okay to use force to tactically aquire(d) every resource on the planet either through a client state system or direct rule. Fringe groups (normally Christians) and secrective inner circles also believe that it is America(')s divine right to do this.

Neo-con think tanks are known for their logical buisness like thinking, forgetting the fact they also come up with social policies too. Who is THEY?

Start with a better dictionary, Dude.

WIKIPEDIA DEFINITION
( Last edited by aberdeenwriter; Oct 10, 2004 at 03:31 PM. )

Isaac
Forum Regular
Oct 10, 2004, 03:27 PM

actualy, it does present more accurate defintions for anarchy and atheism, then websters... as I said before, I only posted that to see the response; but it's quite sad that you can only argue grammer in your critique of urbandictionary.com 's user defintion... and as I said before, if you have a better one, submit it...

Capt Shane
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 10, 2004, 03:29 PM

First off, if we are so stupid and by we I mean all americans, then why are we the leading country in the world in nearly all aspects? I know there are a few exceptions, but over all I tend to think all americans democrats or republicans are in general very hard working and certanly not too stupid, we after all did perfect the democratic system and have surmounted to be the greatest country in the history of the entire world. You need not slam the people of a great country by calling all of us stupid. Rethink your statements you may need us one day soon to bail out your country like we have so many others...
-Shane

Go Army!

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Oct 10, 2004, 03:34 PM

I hope kerry does get in now.

He has left himself so open for a landslide lose in 2008.

He has promised the moon... and I don't think he is going to be able to deliver.
Better environment, larger military, more jobs, more security, lower taxes for the middle class... no new taxes... and cut the deficit by 1/2.

READ MY LIPS... YOU CAN'T DO IT

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 03:37 PM

actualy, it does present more accurate defintions for anarchy and atheism, then websters... as I said before, I only posted that to see the response; but it's quite sad that you can only argue grammer in your critique of urbandictionary.com 's user defintion... and as I said before, if you have a better one, submit it...
After looking at the thing again, I see it is a USER dictionary.

Ok. But why not graduate to the big dawg dictionaries, eh?

It MIGHT help you out, but then again, maybe NOT! Liberalism is like a disease.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 03:48 PM

I hear that Tim Russert made an *ss out of Kerry today.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2004, 03:55 PM

Originally posted by mitchell_pgh:
[B]He has promised the moon... and I don't think he is going to be able to deliver.
Better environment, larger military, more jobs, more security, lower taxes for the middle class... no new taxes... and cut the deficit by 1/2.
Isn't that what Bush claims he'll basically do too?

Isaac
Forum Regular
Oct 10, 2004, 04:01 PM

first off shane, that wasn't my statement, that was copy pasted from another source, and that was there statement... secondly, you assume that dems and republicans compose all those that are american, sorta like McCarthy and the idea that you are either a democrat, a republican or a godless pinko commie... I'm not sure what areas the US is the leading nation in the world, over all consumption?, military might? sure, but what about docter to people ratios, or literacy rates or math and language skills?... or per person consumption.... and I wouldn't call a two party system that effectivly plays a game of antagonist and protagonist to keep people voting within the system by voting against the guy they don't like, rather then for the guy they do, perfecting democracy... nor would I even call demoracy prefable, as it's just another system inwhich one person imposes themselfs forcefully onto another person... and in my interactions withthose around me... americans are capable of thought, but usally are more prone to show a face of stupidity and submission...

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by Cody Dawg:

Yup!

AND he set Edwards up for the NEXT Meet the Press interview by asking him a question you JUST KNOW will be asked Edwards in the future. (I forgot exactly what it was.)

When Edwards realized it (and you could tell he KNEW exactly what was happening lolol) he tried shuckin & jiving around giving a straight answer!

LOL

demograph68
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2004, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by Cody Dawg:

Like the interview with Bush a while back?

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 10, 2004, 04:09 PM

Are you BLIND to it?

The old adage about 'not being able to smell one's own stink' comes to mind.

Or are you making a blanket denial?

I'd say EVERY neo-con has noticed this. Why not YOU?

What I have noticed is that people can be either smart or stupid, logical or illogical. What i have not noticed is stupidity or illogic going hand in hand with any particular political belief. You obviously feel that all or most liberals are incapable of thinking clearly so I put it to you again: put your money where your mouth is or SHUT UP.

If it is something that EVERY neo-con has noticed, then surely it won't be hard to prove. Go ahead. Show us that there is a marked tendency toward illogic in liberal poster's posts that does not exist in conservative posts. I dare you.

Isaac
Forum Regular
Oct 10, 2004, 04:12 PM

After looking at the thing again, I see it is a USER dictionary.

Ok. But why not graduate to the big dawg dictionaries, eh?

It MIGHT help you out, but then again, maybe NOT! Liberalism is like a disease.
liberalism? yes, I am very liberal about what I belive to be the rights of an individual to decide for themselfs... but by no means am I "liberal" in the sense of being a democrat or anything close the democratic party.... both the DNP and GOP are war mongering nationalist who pander to big money...

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 04:17 PM

liberalism? yes, I am very liberal about what I belive to be the rights of an individual to decide for themselfs... but by no means am I "liberal" in the sense of being a democrat or anything close the democratic party.... both the DNP and GOP are war mongering nationalist who pander to big money...
So, who do you support? NADER? LOLOL

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 04:19 PM

What I have noticed is that people can be either smart or stupid, logical or illogical. What i have not noticed is stupidity or illogic going hand in hand with any particular political belief. You obviously feel that all or most liberals are incapable of thinking clearly so I put it to you again: put your money where your mouth is or SHUT UP.

If it is something that EVERY neo-con has noticed, then surely it won't be hard to prove. Go ahead. Show us that there is a marked tendency toward illogic in liberal poster's posts that does not exist in conservative posts. I dare you.
Err, well, you'd better not DOUBLE DARE me!!

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 10, 2004, 04:22 PM

I think you've shown your true colors. You're quick to throw around baseless accusations but strangely silent when it comes to actually proving them.

Isaac
Forum Regular
Oct 10, 2004, 04:22 PM

I don't support electroial politics, and turning 18 18 days after the elections, make's my stance all the more trivial... but Ralph Nader and Denis Kusinich are the only two candidates currently running (that I know of) who are even respectable... and yes I know, Kusinish is a democrat, but generalizations are only generaly correct... besides he's running as an independent/third party....

Dakar
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2004, 04:24 PM

So, who do you support? NADER? LOLOL
Try attacking the argument, not the poster.

Capt Shane
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 10, 2004, 04:35 PM

first off shane, that wasn't my statement, that was copy pasted from another source, and that was there statement... secondly, you assume that dems and republicans compose all those that are american, sorta like McCarthy and the idea that you are either a democrat, a republican or a godless pinko commie... I'm not sure what areas the US is the leading nation in the world, over all consumption?, military might? sure, but what about docter to people ratios, or literacy rates or math and language skills?... or per person consumption.... and I wouldn't call a two party system that effectivly plays a game of antagonist and protagonist to keep people voting within the system by voting against the guy they don't like, rather then for the guy they do, perfecting democracy... nor would I even call demoracy prefable, as it's just another system inwhich one person imposes themselfs forcefully onto another person... and in my interactions withthose around me... americans are capable of thought, but usally are more prone to show a face of stupidity and submission...
I am not a fool I know there are other political parties but you would be a fool to think they make a difference in todays politics... The United States is the greatest country the would has ever seen. we are the only Power left in todays world, give me one example of a country currently or in the past that is greater than us? Rome, is the only rival in my mind, but still they pail in comparison to just our scientific advancements not to mention our living standards. AND I WOULD CALL DEMOCRACY PREFERABLE to anyother system, it is the government of the people by the people... Tell me one better than that and why democracy it is popular by so many prospering countries? Anyone else feel that Americans are not stupid? It is Insulting to me you think thats the case, you have no examples of any relevence to support your claims I could make blind statements about other countries all I wanted but it doesn't make it true. BTW Give me one example of Americans submissive nature? The Minority movements of the 60's, or the fight for freedom from England. Maybe the submissive way we handled 2 world wars? Or how we fought our own brothers in a civil war that defined the nation. Maybe it is how the american people stand by and let others just boss us around... Oh and I forgot the how the american people just gave up when terrorists attack our country... Get your facts straight, you wish we were dumb but in reality, americans are the bravest and hardest working people in the world we fight so harshly over politics cause we care about our country not because we hate it.
-Shane

Go Army!

Capt Shane
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 10, 2004, 04:38 PM

I don't support electroial politics, and turning 18 18 days after the elections, make's my stance all the more trivial... but Ralph Nader and Denis Kusinich are the only two candidates currently running (that I know of) who are even respectable... and yes I know, Kusinish is a democrat, but generalizations are only generaly correct... besides he's running as an independent/third party....
Move somewhere else, I hear North Korea has a nice one :-)
-Shane

Go Army!

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 04:44 PM

I think you've shown your true colors. You're quick to throw around baseless accusations but strangely silent when it comes to actually proving them.
Hmm, that's how YOU see it? HA!

That's how much YOU know.

I call it refusing battle.

LOLOL

When I decide to show, YOU'LL KNOW!

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2004, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by Dakar:
Try attacking the argument, not the poster.
nah!

Forum Links
Forum Rules