Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBPro - Time in transit from Shanghai?

MBPro - Time in transit from Shanghai?
djub
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2006, 12:43 PM

For those people that have received their MacBook Pros already, how long are these shipments typically taking to get from Shanghai to your door?

Mine was shipping on February 22 (today) but it shows that it was received by Fedex after the cutoff time (9:30PM).

I'm just curious if I should receive it by Friday the 24th.

Thanks,
DJ

TheGeekGuy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2006, 12:50 PM

D-Jub,

Nope. Not a chance in hell. If you want to track it's progress, here's how:

1. Once the shipment shows as departed go to http://www.flytecomm.com/cgi-bin/trackflight. Under "Search All Flights", list the Departure City as Shanghai and the Arrival City as Anchorage. You should see a flight leaving about the time that your package shows as Departed.
2. Once in Anchorage, wait until it shows Departed, then usiing the saame website change the Departure City to Anchorage and the Arrival City as Indianapolis (all FedEx International shipments route through Indianapolis).
3. Just follow these steps again for your Home City and you'll have a pretty good idea when to expect delivery.

Mine is out for delivery today and I followed it using the above so I knew to come into work late today.

Hope this helps.

Iain

surfratt
Feb 22, 2006, 03:12 PM

Same thing happened to mine on the 21st Fedex says it will be delivered on the 24th. I keep checking the Fedex tracking page, but so far no updates since testerday am. Hopefully it gets updated soon and is delivered on Friday the 24th because I am calling in sick that day and it would be torture to wait all day for Fedex to come and wait and wait and it turn out it gets delivered on Monday or something. Please Fedex be correct on my Friday delivery and update my tracking page!

GreenwoodMO
Forum Regular
Feb 22, 2006, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by surfratt
Same thing happened to mine on the 21st Fedex says it will be delivered on the 24th. I keep checking the Fedex tracking page, but so far no updates since testerday am. Hopefully it gets updated soon and is delivered on Friday the 24th because I am calling in sick that day and it would be torture to wait all day for Fedex to come and wait and wait and it turn out it gets delivered on Monday or something. Please Fedex be correct on my Friday delivery and update my tracking page!

This is exactly what I am seeing. Same dates as yours also. Luckily my job lets me work from home anytime I want.

surfratt
Feb 22, 2006, 04:17 PM

Ya I can too. I just have to write sub plans, and say I am sick. I am a teacher. I hope they update soon. I keep checking, but no change

NetJunkie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2006, 04:20 PM

Same. It's still sitting on the dock waiting for a plane. The last item is "Left Origin" which means it's not actually on a plane yet. Been there about 36 hours.

NetJunkie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2006, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by NetJunkie
Same. It's still sitting on the dock waiting for a plane. The last item is "Left Origin" which means it's not actually on a plane yet. Been there about 36 hours.
And on that note...mine just got to Alaska. No scan when it left Shanghai so everyone check theirs.

GreenwoodMO
Forum Regular
Feb 22, 2006, 04:54 PM

And on that note...mine just got to Alaska. No scan when it left Shanghai so everyone check theirs.
So did mine

Feb 22, 2006 11:03 AM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK

Rumz
Forum Regular
Feb 22, 2006, 05:10 PM

At least yours has shipped Mine still says March 16 for my 2.16 / 100 @ 7200rpm / 1x1gb.

surfratt
Feb 22, 2006, 05:12 PM

Doh, no change here This is my info:

Feb. 21 2006

12:37 PM Package data transmitted to FedEX

3:07 PM Picked up Shanghai package received after FedEx cutoff

3:18PM Left origin Shanghai

Thats it. No updates or anything Please FedEx, please have it on its way to Alaska. Could it be that it somehow didn't get on the plane? Or maybe just not updated yet??
( Last edited by surfratt; Feb 22, 2006 at 05:19 PM. )

NetJunkie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2006, 05:18 PM

Doh, no change here This is my info:

Feb. 21 2006

12:37 PM Package data transmitted to FedEX

3:07 PM Picked up Shanghai

3:18PM Left origin Shanghai

Thats it. No updates or anything Please FedEx, please have it on its way to Alaska. Could it be that it somehow didn't get on the plane? Or maybe just not updated yet??

Your Left Origin time was the same as mine but my other times are earlier so I'd say mine was built earlier. There may not have been room on the plane.

surfratt
Feb 22, 2006, 05:33 PM

NOOOOO! Please be in Alaska, but not just updated. I am checking all the time and no change

gmsmith
Forum Regular
Feb 22, 2006, 05:40 PM

Mine says (below)...

I am guessing it made it on the plane that just landed, but nothing has been updated. Wouldn't be the first time this happened with Fedex.

Feb 22, 2006 9:48 AM
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN

Package received after FedEx cutoff
9:47 AM
Left origin
SHANGHAI CN

Feb 21, 2006 7:30 PM
Package data transmitted to FedEx

surfratt
Feb 22, 2006, 05:42 PM

All of my info is from the 21st. I am hoping that FedEx just has not updated my info. Man the enter key is getting worn out Rafresh, refresh, refresh....

surfratt
Feb 22, 2006, 05:43 PM

All of my info is from the 21st. I am hoping that FedEx just has not updated my info. Man the mouse button is getting worn out Refresh, refresh, refresh....

surfratt
Feb 22, 2006, 05:54 PM

Doh sorry about double post, I am writing this on a PC and it froze

surfratt
Feb 22, 2006, 06:06 PM

WooHoo, big sigh of relief. Just checked again (for like the thousandth time today) and it has arrived in Alaska!

Feb 22, 2006 11:31 AM arrived at FedEx location Anchorage Alaska

YES!!!!! I was worried for a while.

surfratt
Feb 22, 2006, 06:15 PM

So FedEx says it should arrive Feb 24. Does that sound correct? How long does it usually take to go to Indy, then to the final destination? I live in California. Oh I almost forgot, lets hope our books don't get held up in customs.

gmsmith
Forum Regular
Feb 22, 2006, 06:19 PM

So FedEx says it should arrive Feb 24. Does that sound correct? How long does it usually take to go to Indy, then to the final destination? I live in California. Oh I almost forgot, lets hope our books don't get held up in customs.
Yeah..I would say you are good with Friday. Mine just showed up as in Alaska...

Don't forget to check the next leg

Greg

PS: We are SO pathetic I am so glad my wife is out of town so she doesn't see this whole thing play out

surfratt
Feb 22, 2006, 06:21 PM

I know, I am as giddy as a kid on Christmas We are pathetic. Hehe

gmsmith
Forum Regular
Feb 22, 2006, 07:02 PM

Fedex Flight 24 has taken off from Anchorage to Indianapolis. It is currently at 31,000 feet and cruising at approximately 575 miles per hour (ground speed). It's expected arrival into the Indianapolis airport is 10:47p.

NetJunkie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2006, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by gmsmith
Fedex Flight 24 has taken off from Anchorage to Indianapolis. It is currently at 31,000 feet and cruising at approximately 575 miles per hour (ground speed). It's expected arrival into the Indianapolis airport is 10:47p.
Mine just left Alaska at 2:08PM. Is that the flight it's on?

surfratt
Feb 22, 2006, 07:24 PM

gmsmith, how do you get the in depth info? Is there a websight?

slffl
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 22, 2006, 07:35 PM

Mine also said it missed FedEx cutoff.

It shipped on Fri the 17th (18th china time) and got here on Tues the 21st.
"I'm the commander - see, I don't need to explain - I don't need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the President. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."

- Dictator George W. Bush, Washington Post, 11-19-02

gmsmith
Forum Regular
Feb 22, 2006, 07:40 PM

Mine just left Alaska at 2:08PM. Is that the flight it's on?
Indeed it is...

I am getting info from: http://www.flytecomm.com

Now cruising at 31000 feet at 575 miles per hour and will land in 4 hours 10 minutes. I hope mine is up front... And, I hope the images of Cast Away leave my head soon

NetJunkie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2006, 07:41 PM

Indeed it is...

Now cruising at 31000 feet at 575 miles per hour and will land in 4 hours 10 minutes. I hope mine is up front... And, I hope the images of Cast Away leave my head soon
From there to Memphis I assume? Why not just ship them straight to Memphis? I see a flight a little later for that. I thought everything FedEx still went through Memphis.....

gmsmith
Forum Regular
Feb 22, 2006, 07:44 PM

I didn't think (I don't know for sure), that Memphis had customs (for these kinds of shipments)...maybe to Memphis, I don't know...

And besides the Indy flight is in the air...the Memphis flight isn't

GreenwoodMO
Forum Regular
Feb 22, 2006, 07:45 PM

Indeed it is...

Mine is also on flight 24. I can't believe that I have been watching flytecomm.com all day

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Feb 22, 2006, 09:18 PM

Please use existing shipping threads.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules