Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Kuehne & Nagel - Shippers of 15AlBk to UK

Kuehne & Nagel - Shippers of 15AlBk to UK
Will Brocklebank
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2003, 10:39 AM

I ordered a 15" on the day of the expo and was told that it shipped from Taiwan on 22/9/3 with Kuehne & Nagel on its way to me in the UK (London).

By using the Apple Store tracking function I hear it got to Luxembourg on 25/9/3... but nothing since.

Are any of you guys/gals UK recipients of a 15" AlBk already?

Does anyone have any idea when they might get off their ass and get it to the right country? Or have any clue of what number to use to track it through Kuehne & Nagel's own system here: http://www.kn-portal.com/ ? (I have tried the order number, the sales number etc from the Apple shipment email...)

Please, please please Apple - I waited for 6 months for this and now you go an use some 3rd rate shipper who leaves my kit in a tiny country on the continent. (Anguish)

active
Sep 26, 2003, 10:54 AM

ALL Apple's UK/European orders go through Luxemburg, that's the norm. Luxemburg is Apple's European distribution centre - product only takes a few days to leave Luxemberg and reach the UK, however.

Chris.

Originally posted by Will Brocklebank:
I ordered a 15" on the day of the expo and was told that it shipped from Taiwan on 22/9/3 with Kuehne & Nagel on its way to me in the UK (London).

By using the Apple Store tracking function I hear it got to Luxembourg on 25/9/3... but nothing since.

Does anyone have any idea when they might get off their ass and get it to the right country? Or have any clue of what number to use to track it through Kuehne & Nagel's own system here: http://www.kn-portal.com/ ? (I have tried the order number, the sales number etc from the Apple shipment email...)

Please, please please Apple - I waited for 6 months for this and now you go an use some 3rd rate shipper who leaves my kit in a tiny country on the continent. (Anguish)

jebha
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2003, 12:26 PM

I ordered from Cancom on the day of the expo (I couldn't get through to the Apple Store UK). They got a shipment in on Wednesday afternoon and as mine was one of the first orders, I got it yesterday.

Cancom short-changed me with the RAM though - I ordered 1Gb for an extra �140. The machine arrived with only 768Mb. Their response is that they did not know that the machine shipped with 2x256Mb sticks and I'd have to pay an extra �100 for a further 512Mb stick. This would also leave me with 256Mb that I have no use for. Time to write a nasty letter methinks.

It's taken the shine off the purchase somewhat - but the fact remains, this really is a cracking little machine.

Hope you get yours soon - you'll love it!

dennis88
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2003, 12:36 PM

Originally posted by Will Brocklebank:

EXACTLY the same here!
I live in Norway by the way.
I'm going crazy of all the waiting!

wavegroom
Sep 26, 2003, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by dennis88:
EXACTLY the same here!
I live in Norway by the way.
I'm going crazy of all the waiting!
Me too.... My Powerbook is still at stage 1 "Being Reviewed" grrrrr go apple go...

CrackedButter
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2003, 01:14 PM

My powerbook (1.25Ghz) has been at stage 2 since saturday or sunday. I rang them up yesterday and they said there is a delay where they make them in asia.

The woman said i should get a delivery confirmation tomorrow (saturday).

I ordered on the thursday after the keynote after everybody stopped plugging the UK store.

Mine comes without a superdrive, 1 512meg DIMM.

Where do you Uker's live anyway, its hard to find fellow native mac brethen.

Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2003, 01:23 PM

Cancomuk are easily the worst company that I have ever dealt with, their customer care is non-existant (Max Wrights (the MD) PA is exception, she is a superstar). I bought a 'clearance' iMac from them last year, they state that clearance means unused but when it arrived it had scratches on the screen, the keyboard was damaged, the screen would not stay in position and it was obviously secondhand. I rang them and was treated like trash, after three days of promises to call me back etc.. I gave up and went direct to Apple luckily they had it collected and I got a new machine.

My advice is to stay well clear of Cancom they are bad news, only people that buy something and have problems can tell you how good a companys after sales is, people who get a perfect machine will always be happy.

Originally posted by jebha:
I ordered from Cancom on the day of the expo (I couldn't get through to the Apple Store UK). They got a shipment in on Wednesday afternoon and as mine was one of the first orders, I got it yesterday.

Cancom short-changed me with the RAM though - I ordered 1Gb for an extra �140. The machine arrived with only 768Mb. Their response is that they did not know that the machine shipped with 2x256Mb sticks and I'd have to pay an extra �100 for a further 512Mb stick. This would also leave me with 256Mb that I have no use for. Time to write a nasty letter methinks.

It's taken the shine off the purchase somewhat - but the fact remains, this really is a cracking little machine.

Hope you get yours soon - you'll love it!

Simon X
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 26, 2003, 01:37 PM

This thread sure reminds me when I was waiting for my TiBook last December. Oh the anticipation was killing me too. How to turn a grown man into a kid in one easy step.

macbum
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2003, 01:38 PM

I ordered my BTO 17" the day after the expo 18/9/03. It shipped from Taiwan on 22/9/03 and arrived at Luxenburg 25/9/03 and doesn't appear to have budged either.

Looks like our machines are together and hopefully we will get them Monday...
( Last edited by macbum; Sep 26, 2003 at 01:45 PM. )

Peabo
Senior User
Sep 26, 2003, 01:38 PM

My 17" got here 2 days ago. It went to Luxembourg too - it then goes over to TNT and takes 2 days to get from Lux to the UK and to your door.
LC 16Mhz • LC 475 25Mhz • Centris 650 25Mhz • Performa 6200/75Mhz • G3 266Mhz • Snow iMac DVSE 500Mhz
G4 QS 733Mhz • 17" Powerbook 1.33Ghz • 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.16Ghz • Mac Pro 8-Core 3.0 Ghz

dennis88
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2003, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by z0ne81:
My 17" got here 2 days ago. It went to Luxembourg too - it then goes over to TNT and takes 2 days to get from Lux to the UK and to your door.
Hmm..Maybe it will be here tomorrow then (saturday) since my has been in Lux since 25 sep.

dennis88
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2003, 02:09 PM

Hmm..Maybe it will be here tomorrow then (saturday) since my has been in Lux since 25 sep.

dennis88
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2003, 02:17 PM

I just checked track info, and now it says it is shipping with tnt, so if I'm really lucky, then I will get it tomorrow.

Peabo
Senior User
Sep 26, 2003, 02:26 PM

I just checked track info, and now it says it is shipping with tnt, so if I'm really lucky, then I will get it tomorrow.
Call the apple store, they will give you tnt's phone number (0800 777 999 I think!) and the new tracking number. The nice people at tnt will be able to tell you where it is.
LC 16Mhz • LC 475 25Mhz • Centris 650 25Mhz • Performa 6200/75Mhz • G3 266Mhz • Snow iMac DVSE 500Mhz
G4 QS 733Mhz • 17" Powerbook 1.33Ghz • 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.16Ghz • Mac Pro 8-Core 3.0 Ghz

dennis88
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2003, 06:52 AM

What does "pick up date" mean?
It says "pick up date 29 sep."

Thanks!

Peabo
Senior User
Sep 27, 2003, 07:16 AM

I dunno, just give em a call, I'm sure they'll know.

Blackstealth
Sep 27, 2003, 08:27 AM

Ordered a BTO 15" 1.25Ghz from Apple Edu store UK, on the 17th, but still listed as being assembled, even though it should have shipped on or before the 25th

I'll call them on Monday if I still haven't heard anything.

dennis88
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2003, 08:48 AM

Originally posted by z0ne81:
I dunno, just give em a call, I'm sure they'll know.
Yeah, I have tried but they are closed on saturdays.
This is in norway, I don't know about UK.
Well, I shouldn't be complaining because apple said that the powerbook was going to be sent on 26 september or before, and it got sent on the 23 sep.

GENERAL_SMILEY
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 27, 2003, 11:44 AM

They are in stock in Micro Anvika (london).
I have Mac

Will Brocklebank  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2003, 02:13 PM

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! My page still says Luxembourg but I take heart from the 2 days by TNT comment... Monday, tomorrow, hopefully.

Shame that Micro Anv have got theirs already as I work right next to the Selfridges branch in London - but hell they are expensive so maybe best that I didn't go there.

Tried ringing the Apple Store but I was still waiting after 48 mins so gave up.

Thanks for the support and good luck to all you other expectant fathers/mothers!

dennis88
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2003, 02:19 PM

Do you think it could come to my door tomorrow if it's still in Lux?
I live in Norway.
Thanks.

qvr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 6, 2003, 11:19 AM

Do you think it could come to my door tomorrow if it's still in Lux?
I live in Norway.
Thanks.
So, how long did it finally take for your PB to travel from Luxembourg to Norway?
My 12" arrived to Luxembourg yesterday and its shipment status hasn't changed since.

dennis88
Forum Regular
Oct 6, 2003, 11:56 AM

It came to my house on wed. last week.
I absolutely love it!

I guess you will have it on wed.

desillusion.com
Oct 6, 2003, 12:06 PM

i ordered a 12" from cancom germany (no problems with them so far), shortly after the keynote. they said, they will get a pile a pbooks from apple october 7-10. so that would mean tomorrow if i'm lucky. add a few days for shipping, so maybe i'm lucky enough to have it here till next weekend.. that would be awesome!! all this wait is killing me!
finally here and absolutely flawless:
powerbook 12" 1ghz rev b combo 768 mb ram bt-mouse

dennis88
Forum Regular
Oct 6, 2003, 12:35 PM

Originally posted by desillusion.com:
i ordered a 12" from cancom germany (no problems with them so far), shortly after the keynote. they said, they will get a pile a pbooks from apple october 7-10. so that would mean tomorrow if i'm lucky. add a few days for shipping, so maybe i'm lucky enough to have it here till next weekend.. that would be awesome!! all this wait is killing me!
Yeah, it was really hard to wait for me too, but I promise you, the wait is damn worth it!

desillusion.com
Oct 6, 2003, 12:52 PM

i know.. but still, i want that baby now!
finally here and absolutely flawless:
powerbook 12" 1ghz rev b combo 768 mb ram bt-mouse

Forum Links
Forum Rules