Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iWeb help

iWeb help
reemas
Senior User
Jan 23, 2006, 11:33 PM

i want to share photos but everytime i link a photo the .mac style image gallery opens. and it is much larger than my photo creating an unnecessarily large white border. is there any way to have it so the larger image that opens, fits the photo size?

or can i ditch that brushed metal frame altogether?

EDIT:
I uploaded the file. its on the frontpage of my site:
http://www.reemasville.com

I put instructions, credit, and the file itself. Enjoy.

And feel free to post your galleries back here!
( Last edited by reemas; Jan 25, 2006 at 12:41 AM. )

reemas  (op)
Senior User
Jan 23, 2006, 11:40 PM

also, where does iWeb save the files? i want to send my work in progress to someone for help, but can't find the location

PHYMAC
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2006, 11:52 PM

I don't really understand your first problem, but the way to send your files to somone else is to choose, file, publish to a folder... iWeb then exports all the files to the folder you create and then you can share that with friends or edit the html if you want to.

reemas  (op)
Senior User
Jan 23, 2006, 11:57 PM

sorry. go here: http://xoch.reemasville.com/New%20York.html

if u click the photo, see how it makes an ugly and large border for the image? i just want something that fits the image, or no brushed metal border at all.

is there a way to adjust that?

PHYMAC
Forum Regular
Jan 24, 2006, 02:13 PM

Your question made me notice something about two of my sites.... one has the brushed aluminum and the other just shows the picture... But I am not sure why! I thought the brushed aluminum was normal because I was used to with .Mac before, but apparently it isn't.

The differene I notice, is that my page with the brushed aluminum is not a .Mac address while the one without it is, maybe that's the difference?

Originally Posted by reemas
sorry. go here: http://xoch.reemasville.com/New%20York.html

if u click the photo, see how it makes an ugly and large border for the image? i just want something that fits the image, or no brushed metal border at all.

is there a way to adjust that?

reemas  (op)
Senior User
Jan 24, 2006, 02:18 PM

yeah i noticed that on several sites also. but check out my gallery now =)

Hoosier_1701
Jan 24, 2006, 04:14 PM

yeah i noticed that on several sites also. but check out my gallery now =)
How did you do that?

PHYMAC
Forum Regular
Jan 24, 2006, 04:35 PM

WOW!

That's really nice! How did you do it?

reemas  (op)
Senior User
Jan 25, 2006, 12:30 AM

I uploaded the file. its on the frontpage of my site:
http://www.reemasville.com

I put instructions, credit, and the file itself. Enjoy.

And feel free to post your galleries back here!
( Last edited by reemas; Jan 25, 2006 at 12:38 AM. )

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2006, 01:36 AM

reemas: I noticed that you created your website using Joomla.How hard is it to set it up by someone like me...no html or coding experience? Is it as simple as iWeb to setup and design or is it difficult? I really like the clean look of your website.

reemas  (op)
Senior User
Jan 25, 2006, 02:02 AM

Thanks TheIceMan! Joomla is fairly easy. I know very little html. The installation can be tricky, but if your server is decent (supports the requirements), that too should be a piece of cake. Pretty much copy over files like you would in iWeb and then it walks you through menus.

90% of my site takes place through simple windows and menus. check out:
http://demo.joomla.org/

click on administrator to see what the backend looks like. (this is where i control my site.)

it might look overwhelming at first, but its really simple. you can always contact me for help as well. plus the joomla forums are as good as these forums.

finally, one of my favorite things, is being able to change the templates on my site with the click of a button. if your using ichat send me a message at "sameeroquai" and i'll quickly show you.

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2006, 05:04 AM

Thanks reemas I think maybe for now, I'll stick to iWeb. Thanks again. Joomla looks great though!

Instead of starting another "iWeb thread" I'll continue with this one here to ask for help.

I really need some help with Apple's iWeb. What I want to do is to click on the Sunset picture and have it take me to my Sunset album page.

In this shot, I want to make the Sunset picture hyperlinkable. That is, you click on it and it takes you to this page below, which shows all my photos under "Sunset".

I know about making the text "Sunset" hyperlinkable. I've tried dragging the sunset album to the Sunset photo to make it hyperlink but that didn't work.

I tried the pasting a picture over the sunset pic and then making that picture a link, but that's time-consuming and the edges don't line up exactly.

What I want to do is to click on the Sunset picture and have it take me to my Sunset album page. Help please.
( Last edited by TheIceMan; Jan 25, 2006 at 05:10 AM. )

reemas  (op)
Senior User
Jan 25, 2006, 12:07 PM

are those pages created with templates from iWeb? if so which template and which page?

PHYMAC
Forum Regular
Jan 25, 2006, 03:55 PM

It doesn't look like you can make whatever picture you want as a hyperlink. The only way it is done through iWeb with no additional HTML on your own, is if you use the blog template. Then the pcture you have corresponding to that blog entry is clickable to take to a link...

Sorry if that isn't much help!

Originally Posted by TheIceMan
Thanks reemas I think maybe for now, I'll stick to iWeb. Thanks again. Joomla looks great though!

Instead of starting another "iWeb thread" I'll continue with this one here to ask for help.

I really need some help with Apple's iWeb. What I want to do is to click on the Sunset picture and have it take me to my Sunset album page.

In this shot, I want to make the Sunset picture hyperlinkable. That is, you click on it and it takes you to this page below, which shows all my photos under "Sunset".

I know about making the text "Sunset" hyperlinkable. I've tried dragging the sunset album to the Sunset photo to make it hyperlink but that didn't work.

I tried the pasting a picture over the sunset pic and then making that picture a link, but that's time-consuming and the edges don't line up exactly.

What I want to do is to click on the Sunset picture and have it take me to my Sunset album page. Help please.

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2006, 06:46 PM

are those pages created with templates from iWeb? if so which template and which page?
Yes. It's the "White" template and the "Photo" page under it.

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Jan 26, 2006, 09:26 AM

Ok, I followed this tip from the Apple support forum. It's more of a work-around but it'll do for now:

"I dragged a photo (that was identical to one that was already in place in the template and representing a particular album) outside the thin blue line that delineates the template area. Once there, I dragged it over the top of the pre-existing one, resized it to just cover the other photo, and then made it a link."

Forum Links
Forum Rules