Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Stock market crash ahead ?

Stock market crash ahead ? (Page 2)
hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2008, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Quantum Trader View Post
Theory Update

Central Bank Liquidity pumping has enabled world financial institutions to resist leveraged stress caused by the recent slow motion meltdown on world stock markets. It is not clear whether this situation will last, however for the time being all of the Quantum Theories esoteric indicators have turned on the Dow, FTSE and ASX200, indicating a sharp bear market reversal is now imminent. It is unclear whether or not a Major or Minor Bottom is in place. However at this stage the theory classifies it as a Minor bottom within a bear market. It will now dynamically monitor this correction looking for a re-entry back into the Quantum Oscillation Field; at that stage it will be able to determine the exact nature of this correction or market reversal.

-qt

Dude, you are wrong again. There was no sharp bear market reversal or correction. The Dow drop over 150 points today.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2008, 05:06 PM

Wow, a theory that predicts something, but when that something doesn't come to fruition the theory magically evolves to fit the situation. A theory that is constantly correct. Cool!

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jul 2, 2008, 05:50 PM

This has got to be a joke account.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2008, 05:57 PM

Quantum Trader,

I think your theory is onto something. However, I believe the plus and minus signs are transposed during mathematical computation.

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 2, 2008, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Quantum Trader,

I think your theory is onto something. However, I believe the plus and minus signs are transposed during mathematical computation.
LOL, I was jost about to say it: just trade the opposite of QT, and you'll be rich

-t

Quantum Trader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 2, 2008, 11:59 PM

Hi hyteckit

Thanks for that, I will look into those figures.

-qt
( Last edited by Quantum Trader; Jul 3, 2008 at 04:50 PM. )

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 3, 2008, 12:13 AM

Are you sure you're not on another planet ?

-t

DaddyShortLegs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2008, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
I think we will be seeing stagflation in the next quarter as business cycles slow down worldwide and central banks hesitate to raise interest rates. I'm young so I don't have a large portfolio but I've moved everything out of stocks into savings and anticipate a move into treasury bonds if coupon yields improve.
The ECB just raised the interest rates by 25 base points...

Quantum Trader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2008, 05:19 PM

Theory Alert (Thursday 3/7/08)

The Quantum Theory of Modern Market Dynamics has now nailed the timing of its predicted global stock market crash. It is now a 100% probability that the Dow will crash on Monday 7/7/08 trigging off a severe global stock market meltdown, as it is now certain the final indicator will be in place at the Dows opening on this date. The Theory first gave warning after Thursday 26/6/08 when the Quantum Trigger Point (its own esoteric indicator) was breached signalling the impending event. It is a moral obligation of the Theory to give these warnings when the probability reaches 90%. This is how the theory works as it targets in on these calamities searching for its final esoteric indictor several days in advance to enable it pick the actual moment before the event has occurred, creating huge profits for its followers and forewarning others who may be affected.

-qt

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jul 3, 2008, 05:24 PM

How much money did you lose when your "theory" predicted the great crash last Monday and it never happened?

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2008, 05:30 PM

When I have to look at my portfolio and see perfectly healthy companies with some -25 percent and see other called "outperforming" () companies at some -35 percent and the more risky investments with some -50 percent than I know I am already in some sort of crash. Crash coming in rates or something. Oh, the stock exchange is hell.

PB.
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Jul 3, 2008, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by 64stang06 View Post
Maybe your fortune that was made can be used to get you a life, and maybe a woman(man)?
or a man-woman. (they are as beautiful as QT's theory)

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 3, 2008, 07:14 PM

Can't wait for Monday

-t

Quantum Trader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2008, 07:26 PM

Hi Analogika

All followers including myself of course have made more than reasonable profits on all short positions as recommended since the Quantum Trigger Point breach on Thursday 26/6/08 triggering a week long minor global meltdown, thanks.

-qt
( Last edited by Quantum Trader; Jul 5, 2008 at 09:19 AM. )

64stang06
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2008, 08:17 PM

What, no theory update for today(night)?
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 3, 2008, 08:26 PM

What, no theory update for today(night)?
WTF ? I want my money back

-t

Quantum Trader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2008, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
WTF ? I want my money back

-t
Thank you for your interest, unfortunately it is not usual practice to give updates on Theory Alert days. However I do understand the hunger for information in such perplexing times, so today I will include an update which was posted on the ASX this morning, it does however also relate to the Dow on Thursdays trading, except the part relating to the next two trading sessions.

Theory Update ASX (Friday 4/7/08)

The market meltdown over the past few days as predicted, has kicked global markets into their most dangerous phase, however over the next two trading sessions we will be in the eye of the storm where calmness prevails and only small bouts of volatility (in perspective) should be expected. Unfortunately those forced to buy back short positions will be sorry they did so.

-qt

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 3, 2008, 09:42 PM

What ? I thought we're gonna get a crash.

And now only "the eye of the storm where calmness prevails and only small bouts of volatility (in perspective) should be expected" ?

Come on, give me my money back. I paid for action.

-t

Quantum Trader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2008, 09:58 PM

What ? I thought we're gonna get a crash.

And now only "the eye of the storm where calmness prevails and only small bouts of volatility (in perspective) should be expected" ?

Come on, give me my money back. I paid for action.

-t
Enjoy the calmness its Independence Day, there are two trading sessions on the ASX before the Dow opens on Monday, I can assure you that you will get the action you paid for then.

-qt
( Last edited by Quantum Trader; Jul 4, 2008 at 11:23 PM. )

UpQuark
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2008, 11:51 PM

"
100% probability that the Dow will crash on Monday 7/7/08
"

Is that like saying it is a definite maybe ?

As soon as I read the 100% - complete bukus, QT. No theory is ever 100% - or it would be a LAW. Kinda like the Law of Gravity.
" That is just crazy, man!"

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jul 4, 2008, 12:05 AM

1. Once you have their money, you never give it back.
2. The best deal is the one that brings the most profit.
3. Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to.

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2008, 03:12 AM

Thank you for your interest, unfortunately it is not usual practice to give updates on Theory Alert days. However I do understand the hunger for information in such perplexing times, so today I will include an update which was posted on the ASX this morning, it does however also relate to the Dow on Thursdays trading, except the part relating to the next two trading sessions.

Theory Update ASX (Friday 4/7/08)

The market meltdown over the past few days as predicted, has kicked global markets into their most dangerous phase, however over the next two trading sessions we will be in the eye of the storm where calmness prevails and only small bouts of volatility (in perspective) should be expected. Unfortunately those forced to buy back short positions will be sorry they did so.

-qt
I have to ask...

Were you the one who pooped in my kitchen?

Quantum Trader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2008, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by UpQuark View Post
"
100% probability that the Dow will crash on Monday 7/7/08
"

Is that like saying it is a definite maybe ?

As soon as I read the 100% - complete bukus, QT. No theory is ever 100% - or it would be a LAW. Kinda like the Law of Gravity.
A stock market crash, Kinda like the Law of Gravity. I love that Analogy

-qt
( Last edited by Quantum Trader; Jul 5, 2008 at 07:59 AM. )

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jul 4, 2008, 06:13 AM

Except the Law of Gravity didn't take time out last Monday, like your crackpot theory.

JellyBeen
Senior User
Jul 4, 2008, 06:20 AM

Quark knows best!
20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OS 10.6.6

Quantum Trader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2008, 06:22 AM

Hi Analogika

Ha Ha, Yes I must admit it does seen a little crackpotish at first, it always blows my mind how it works. I think you might have the wrong Monday in mind there, what side of the bed did you fall out of? Just wait till Monday 7/7/08 and see the Theory it in its full glory.

-qt
( Last edited by Quantum Trader; Jul 5, 2008 at 09:19 AM. )

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jul 4, 2008, 07:06 AM

Hi Anal - ogika
Wow, that probably took real effort right there, eh?

Don't mind the burning smell - just take off your hat for a bit.

Quantum Trader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2008, 07:22 AM

I wish my Theory suggested some other scenario, well I should mention that it has recently gone into lookout mode for a Quantum Jump in the oil market with indicators suggesting that some sort of top is soon due.
( Last edited by Quantum Trader; Jul 5, 2008 at 09:38 AM. )

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 4, 2008, 07:32 AM

Well, Quantum Trader just confirmed that he is a joke account.

My money is on besson or Dakar. Dakar has posted here only once, besson not at all. Highly unusual.

-t

Eug
Clinically Insane
Jul 4, 2008, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by JellyBeen View Post
Quark knows best!
Quark > UpQuark

Quantum Trader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2008, 06:47 PM

Theory Debrief (5/7/08)

On Saturday 28/06/08 the theory first announced that there had been a Trigger Point breach on the Dow on Thursday 26/06/08 indicating an imminent stock market crash. It did so by stating that there was a 90% probability that the market would crash on Monday the 30/6/08. It also stated that, at that point there was still one indicator missing that was needed for this event to occur and until this indicator was detected the probability would remain at 90%. Each day during the week updates were given explaining that the final indicator was still not in place. With the 90% probability in place the market experienced several days of large falls, falling to 21 month lows and became headline news around the world. This is why the theory warns of a crash when the probability reaches 90%. On Thursday 3/7/08 the theory then announced that there was now a 100% probability that the Dow would crash on Monday 7/7/08, we are now waiting for this event.

Below is a revision of theory postings, to clear any confusion.

Jun 28, 2008, 08:01 AM

'The Quantum theory of modern market dynamics'

Have you heard of the theory? Well be very afraid if you are holding any stocks, the theory suggests that as of the close of the Dow Jones on Friday 27th June 2008 there is a 90% chance that the Dow will crash on Monday the 30th June 2008. This theory has made me a fortune over the years as it is the only theory which I know of that can accurately predict such events. Good luck and good trading.

Jun 29, 2008, 09:23 AM

Hi
I can understand your scepticism, but please, I am not under any illusion that my post may influence a market the size of the Dow Jones. It is not my wish that the theory suggests such a scenario. Unfortunately maybe, it has on other occasions. I can however tell you, that for this suggestion to be correct, the overnight futures on the Dow would need to indicate an opening price of around -300 points on Monday 30th June 2008. I hope you do not mind if I use this reply to answer other welcome interest in my post.

Jun 29, 2008, 08:00 PM

Hi
Thank you for your interest.
The Quantum Theory of modern market dynamics is a broadly based theory that is designed to predict minor and major tops or bottoms to all markets which have underlying futures. The Theory uses a complex set of measurements along side of the more conventional technical indicators and takes into account the relevant market’s leveraged positioning, it uses all this information to determine whether a top or bottom is due, if so it then finally looks for its own unique indicator called a Quantum Jump which always occurs the moment a top or bottom is in place. The Theory can also then be used to accurately trade the resulting corrections. In the case of the current Dow Jones a Quantum Jump occurred which indicated a Major top on the 11th October 2007. The initial reaction to this and all Major tops is for the market to form a pattern called a Quantum Oscillation which is further defined by a set of intricate measurements, these measurements are then used to define Quantum Trigger Points which if broken in the case of a Major top will almost certainly result in a market crash scenario, one of these Trigger Points was clearly breached on Thursday 26th June 2008.

Jun 30, 2008, 09:39 AM

Theory Update

As of the opening on the Dow Jones 30/6/08 the final part of the theory was not fulfilled, i.e. the overnight futures needed to indicate an opening of around minus 300 points to bring the crash scenario to a 100% probability. However the scenario still holds a 90% probability whilst the Dow trades below Thursdays Trigger Point level of 11800. Whilst the Dow trades below this level the overnight futures price on each opening day holds the key to the timing of this event. Calling the actual day before hand of a crash scenario (particularly on world stock markets) as indicated by a Trigger Point breach is always at my own peril.

Jul 1, 2008, 11:37 AM

Theory Update

Again today as of the opening on the Dow Jones 1/7/08 the final part of the theory was not fulfilled, however today the London FTSE also breached its trigger point and fell sharply, the Australian ASX200 is only 50 points away from its trigger point being breached, the theory now suggests that a global stock market crash is imminent over the next few trading sessions.

Jul 2, 2008, 01:28 AM

Theory Alert

Last night on the Dow financial stocks appeared to establish a short term bottom; this has now been duplicated on ASX200 today. In this scenario The Quantum Theory of Modern Market Dynamics reclassifies recent Quantum Trigger Point breaches into Quantum Flash Overs; this means that profits should now be taken on all short positions and long positions established in anticipation of a short term correction for financial stocks in a bear market. This is the nature of modern markets which this dynamic theory is able to detect the moment these changes occur, anyone following the theory should now be deep in profit on their short positions.

Jul 2, 2008, 06:28 AM

Theory Update

Central Bank Liquidity pumping has enabled world financial institutions to so far resist leveraged stress caused by the recent slow motion meltdown on world stock markets. It is not clear whether this situation will last, however for the time being all of the Quantum Theories esoteric indicators have turned on the Dow, FTSE and ASX200, indicating a sharp bear market reversal is possible. It is unclear whether or not a Major or Minor Bottom is in place. However at this stage the theory classifies it as a Minor short term bottom within a bear market. It will now dynamically monitor this correction looking for a re-entry back into the Quantum Oscillation Field, this re-entry is critical for a short term bottom to be in place; at that stage it will be able to determine the exact nature of this correction or market reversal.

Jul 2, 2008, 03:24 PM

Theory Update

The overnight short term bottom in a bear market was exactly that, the market failed on its initial re-entry back into the Quantum Oscillation Field. This was an extremely dire indicator. The ability of world financial institutions to maintain stressed leveraged positions will now be severely tested as all crash scenario indicators except the overnight futures price indicator are still in place for a global stock market crash over the next few trading sessions. Whilst the Dow continues to trade below its Quantum Oscillation Field there is a 90% chance of a crash scenario each day as 9 out of the 10 major indicators of this theory are in place. The overnight Dow futures need to indicate an opening price of around minus 300 points to trigger off this crash scenario, this is still the final indicator of the theory and holds the key to the exact timing of this event.

Jul 3, 2008, 04:19 PM

Theory Alert (Thursday 3/7/08)

The Quantum Theory of Modern Market Dynamics has now nailed the timing of its predicted global stock market crash. It is now a 100% probability that the Dow will crash on Monday 7/7/08 trigging off a severe global stock market meltdown, as it is now certain the final indicator will be in place at the Dows opening on this date. The Theory first gave warning after Thursday 26/6/08 when the Quantum Trigger Point (its own esoteric indicator) was breached signalling the impending event. It is a moral obligation of the Theory to give these warnings when the probability reaches 90%. This is how the theory works as it targets in on these calamities searching for its final esoteric indictor several days in advance to enable it pick the actual moment before the event has occurred, creating huge profits for its followers and forewarning others who may be affected.

-qt
( Last edited by Quantum Trader; Jul 4, 2008 at 07:00 PM. )

64stang06
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2008, 07:31 PM

Sure. Until that happens, keep blowing smoke on the forums.

Quantum Trader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2008, 07:59 PM

Sure. Until that happens, keep blowing smoke on the forums.
100% probability? That sounds sure enough to me.

-qt
( Last edited by Quantum Trader; Jul 5, 2008 at 08:38 AM. )

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jul 5, 2008, 04:14 AM

What the hell do you want?

Uncle Doof
Senior User
Jul 5, 2008, 05:50 AM

Well, Quantum Trader just confirmed that he is a joke account.

My money is on besson or Dakar. Dakar has posted here only once, besson not at all. Highly unusual.

-t
My money was actually on you Turty.

-ud <---

64stang06
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2008, 06:39 AM

Sure. Until that happens, keep quoting one line of it out of context and criticize it every day. Typically like most patrons of the forum you can give it but can't take it.
That's funny, when I wrote that I didn't quote any line, even out of context. So who can't take it now?

Quantum Trader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 5, 2008, 08:07 AM

That's funny, when I wrote that I didn't quote any line, even out of context. So who can't take it now?
Sorry that was uncalled for, it has been a long week, I do not get much sleep watching markets 20 hours a day

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 5, 2008, 12:09 PM

Sorry that was uncalled for, it has been a long week, I do not get much sleep watching markets 20 hours a day
No wonder. Get some sleep so you gain consciousness.

-t

Quantum Trader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 5, 2008, 11:45 PM

Extraordinary Theory Update Sunday (6/7/08)

Several world stock markets will have their trading sessions before the Dow opens on Monday. Indications of the predicted crash event are likely to elucidate during European trading as markets begin to exit the ‘Eye of the Storm’ and start working their way through the region of ‘Maximum Dynamic Pressure’. Traders wishing to trade this event are advised to enter short positions in stages, starting small and increasing their positions as each previous trade moves into profit. Remember we are watching the overnight Dow futures looking for them to head towards at least minus 300 points before the opening, even at minus 300/600 points on the opening do not be afraid to continue compounding short positions. Finally all short positions should be liquidated in stages starting from a time which you will need to judge for yourself and be fully liquidated by the Dow’s close. Federal emergency measures of some description are to be expected on Tuesday and markets will remain exceptionally volatile for the following two weeks. Traders are advised to steer well clear of the markets during this period. Good Luck and Good Trading.

-qt
( Last edited by Quantum Trader; Jul 6, 2008 at 12:10 AM. )

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 5, 2008, 11:50 PM

Again, can't wait for Monday.

-t

V12
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 6, 2008, 06:12 PM

quant...youd be on cnbc...not the nn forums if your theory held any water

the closest thing he's on to is technical analysis...

wanna do good in this market..play the trends and scalp your trades before the news/big firms causes loses. Short nearly basic materials, financials, real estate, go long gold.

My SKF and SRS has made up the majority i've lost in my blue chip longs.

And if you plan on holding for years to come...look at some bluechips near there 52 week low, KO is looking like a bargain to me...

Quantum Trader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 7, 2008, 09:13 AM

Theory Critical Alert Monday 7/7/08

Due to a computer malfunction on the 26/6/08, we have unwittingly been using Quantum Theory V1.01™, this version had not been updated with the critical update V1.02™ which contains ‘The Theory adjustment Theory’, however traders can make their own adjustments without this critical update by simply replacing all references to the word ‘Crash’ with the word ‘Rally’. With this update installed the Theory is also able to pick with 100% accuracy the winning Lotto numbers just moments after the event has occurred, it can then be used to print these numbers in ascending or descending order on A4,A5 and B3 sized paper with your choice of over 1,356,000 unique full colour border and background designs. These postings have been exclusive to this forum, patrons of this forum wishing to purchase a copy of this Theory will receive a 10% discount. Please be advised that due to the recent computer malfunction we are unable to accept bankcards, cheques, or money orders, please send cash only to the Quantum Trader Corporation’s new head office at:- P.o Box 4591, Tehran, Iran. Good luck and good trading.

-qt
( Last edited by Quantum Trader; Jul 7, 2008 at 09:31 AM. )

torsoboy
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2008, 10:02 AM

nice. I wonder if this is a face-saving attempt or what. anyway, it will be good to have this thread die.

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 7, 2008, 11:47 AM

-t

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 7, 2008, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by torsoboy View Post
nice. I wonder if this is a face-saving attempt or what. anyway, it will be good to have this thread die.
Probably that's it. This joke account has peaked.

-t

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2008, 12:51 PM

Just when Quantum Theory mentions the word "rally", the market starts to sink.

Man, Quantum Theory is onto something. Just bet the opposite of the theory.

Quantum Trader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 7, 2008, 08:39 PM

Theory Postings debrief 8/7/08

I hope you all enjoyed last nights posting. It was of course designed to humorously counteract all anticipated forum attacks on the Monday 7/7 call. Over the last two weeks I have done the theory a great injustice by trying to pre-empt the actual day of the event. The Theory was never designed to be able to do this, nor could it have been and should never been touted in this way. It simply states that after the Trigger point breach and whilst the market continues to trade below its Oscillation field of 11800, we only have to look for the day when the Dow opens at least minus 300 points lower for this crash event to occur. Any attempt to pre-empt the timing of this final indicator, is, as you have witnessed, futile. To save you all from further boredom, this will be my last post until this indicator is in place, this indicator will give traders up to one to two hours warning of the event before it occurs.

-qt
( Last edited by Quantum Trader; Jul 7, 2008 at 10:15 PM. )

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 7, 2008, 10:27 PM

Just reveal who you are and enjoy the comments.

Don't bother posting more theories. That horse has been beaten to death.

-t

EricTheRed
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 7, 2008, 10:42 PM

'The Quantum theory of modern market dynamics'

Have you heard of the theory? Well be very afraid if you are holding any stocks, the theory suggests that as of the close of the Dow Jones on Friday 27th June 2008 there is a 90% chance that the Dow will crash on Monday the 30th June 2008. This theory has made me a fortune over the years as it is the only theory which I know of that can acurately predict such events. Good luck and good trading.
Sweet. Go get a job with an investment banker and get your series 7.

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 8, 2008, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
Sweet. Go get a job with an investment banker and get your series 7.
Oh, just read the rest of the thread. You're in for a real treat

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules