Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Anyone tried the Edirol R09?

Anyone tried the Edirol R09?
NordicMan
Forum Regular
Dec 24, 2006, 11:01 AM

I want to get a decent recorder, when I get my family's older generation together for a history telling time.

I know there are a bunch of recorders, however, this Edirol caught my eye. Anyone tried it to tell how they liked using it, and what their success was? When I get to see some professional musicians I know, I will ask their views on this, too.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 25, 2006, 11:27 AM

I've got the R-1, the R-09's predecessor. I also have the M-Audio 24/96 microtrak.

The quality is good as a field recorder. Watch batteries, you really don't want to be capturing that special anecdote and have it power off.

Zoom has one I've been eyeing.

Samson - Zoom - H4

NordicMan  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 25, 2006, 01:04 PM

Thanks. What is the zoom priced at? I did not see a price there on that site. I am going to get me a recorder that has decent sound.

Thank you for the reply.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 25, 2006, 03:11 PM

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ZOMH4

$299.

I order from zzounds on occasion, and they've always done me right, beating any competing online price by 10% in my experience.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 25, 2006, 03:11 PM

they have warehouse resealed (refreshed but not refurbed product) for $269. Man, I'm getting tempted.

Maybe I won't - look at the reviews. They aren't flattering.

The comment on the jog dial / trigger, is the same comment I have on the M-Audio - the up down may work but try and press the jog in to select and it registers only some of the time.

The edirol r-1 is fine, but gives very little feedback on the LCD, and battery life is not long, but otherwise it works great. If they fixed those things for the r-9, I don't know how you can go wrong.

NordicMan  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 25, 2006, 10:48 PM

Well, Mr. vmarks,

This is quite a good help that you have provided for me here. Yes, thank you very much. I will investigate the zzounds.

I am rather strongly thinking toward the Edirol, the first time I read about it was in this one podcasting book, I forget which one, and it was probably the R 1.

Yes, this is an help. Regards to you, and good luck on your getting what you would like to get.

Forum Links
Forum Rules