Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Keyspan USB server - any experience?

Keyspan USB server - any experience?
veryniceguy2002
Senior User
Aug 4, 2004, 10:47 AM

Would this post belongs to peripheral or netowrking forum???

Has anyone used Keyspan USB server? Is there any compatibility problem with various printers or peripherals?

How does it work with a want to share the peripheral between two computers?

PLin
Aug 6, 2004, 01:11 AM

You can read my review for this product at Technohappymeal. I had trouble getting to work with a few devices, so I ended up returning it. However, Keyspan released new software for it earlier this week, so maybe all of the problems have been resolved. It was definitely very cool though.

Peter
BT Boutique - For All of Your Bluetooth Wireless Technology Needs
www.btboutique.com
Technohappymeal
www.technohappymeal.com

veryniceguy2002  (op)
Senior User
Aug 6, 2004, 08:17 AM

Originally posted by PLin:
You can read my review for this product at Technohappymeal. I had trouble getting to work with a few devices, so I ended up returning it. However, Keyspan released new software for it earlier this week, so maybe all of the problems have been resolved. It was definitely very cool though.
Thank you for the article, Peter!

Your article pretty much answer more of my question, apart from the new verison 1.1 software (just released this week), when what happen if the Mac/PC crashes before it can disconnect from the USB server? (Does it mean it will locks up the USB server until you power cycle the server?)

Forum Links
Forum Rules