Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Official Mac Notebook Picture Thread

Official Mac Notebook Picture Thread (Page 48)
PJJames
Forum Regular
May 20, 2006, 02:50 AM

brassplayers....those are wrist marks and finger prints. Bummer....its doesnt really show up unless under serious light....like a flash. On my powerbook I always used a Mr. Clean Magic Earaser on the computer to get rid of smudges and such on the trackpad and hood. The Mr. Clean's don't show any signs of any chemicals...but I'd be a little nervous about cleaning with it on the black finish. Maybe someone else has used this on their Macbook already? Or maybe someone can give me and answer to my concern. Thanks guys! Let me know if you want more pics...I'd be happy to take more if need be.
Full Pro Tools 7.1 M-Powered Rig.

Gamoe
Mac Elite
May 20, 2006, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by PJJames
brassplayers....those are wrist marks and finger prints. Bummer....its doesnt really show up unless under serious light....like a flash.
This is what I saw at The Apple Store with the black model. I didn't see it with the white one, however. For me that's a negative, though the black is nice is other ways. Anyway, thanks for the pictures, PJ and enjoy your new MacBook!

masugu
Senior User
May 20, 2006, 03:55 AM

I finally got my hands on the blacbook - before going to see Da Vinci Code. There was a ton of finger smears. I loved the screen / etc. The keyboard was kind of funky and the space bar....Well, it was a little "Clacky" Thats the sound it made to me. I think I may wait for Meron.
masugu - "Straight Ahead"
BlacBook Core Duo / Original Intel-based MB - DIY Core i7 PC |

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
May 20, 2006, 04:46 AM

The packaging is really cool, but the Apple remote in that sealed bag gives a very mass produced feel - my iMac CD has a very posh rectangular box that contained the remote, manual and disc, much nicer than a sealed packet tossed into the front of the box
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

_kevin
May 21, 2006, 04:43 AM

Starting Line: 15" 1.25GHz Powerbook, iPod 5G 60GB, Nikon 3100, AMD 2200 & Intel P3 Winboxes
Honorably Retired: 12" 867MHz Powerbook, Quadra 610, Mac Plus, iPod 3G 20GB
Dishonorabe Discharge:HP AMD 2.4GHz notebook, Toshiba 1.5GHz Intel Pentium-M Centrino notebook

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
May 21, 2006, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by _kevin

Why not sell one of the laptops and get a decent camera?
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
May 21, 2006, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by harrisjamieh
Why not sell one of the laptops and get a decent camera?
hahahhaahahhaahhahaah... Good job..
15" 2.33 MBP 2GB Ram, 120GB HD - Main Rig

_kevin
May 21, 2006, 03:50 PM

I'm happy with my camera. For a shot without flash, that's the kind of detail (or blur) that I would expect. I have a larger version of this as my desktop background. It looks much better blurred than it would look if it were sharper, and the Apple logos are more prominent.
( Last edited by _kevin; May 21, 2006 at 03:56 PM. )
Starting Line: 15" 1.25GHz Powerbook, iPod 5G 60GB, Nikon 3100, AMD 2200 & Intel P3 Winboxes
Dishonorabe Discharge:HP AMD 2.4GHz notebook, Toshiba 1.5GHz Intel Pentium-M Centrino notebook

the macimum
Dedicated MacNNer
May 21, 2006, 04:15 PM

Honestly, please tell me what the point of having that many laptops is...

BigBadWolf
Forum Regular
May 21, 2006, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by _kevin

Was this taken with your camera phone?

_kevin
May 21, 2006, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by the macimum
Honestly, please tell me what the point of having that many laptops is...
Honestly, they're not all mine.

One is mine. The other three belong to each of my three friends who are sitting on the couch behind them.

jamil5454
Mac Elite
May 21, 2006, 07:32 PM

Sounds like a party...

Bryanmc
Forum Regular
May 21, 2006, 07:57 PM

I'm probably smeeking, but here's my home office:

HisDudeness
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 21, 2006, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bryanmc

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
May 21, 2006, 08:04 PM

Smeeking?

zign
Forum Regular
May 21, 2006, 08:52 PM

Old setup (20" iMac G5, 2Ghz, 2GB AND (12" iBook G4, 1.2Ghz, 1.25GB):

New setup (MacBook Pro 2.0 Ghz, 2Gb RAM):
( Last edited by zign; May 22, 2006 at 04:05 AM. )
15.4 MBP 2.33Ghz C2D, 3Gb, 120Gb HD, 256MB X1600, 10.5.1
iPhone 8GB
http://palitsyn.com

Bryanmc
Forum Regular
May 21, 2006, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Icruise
Smeeking?
It's a term I've seen used on a bunch of forums.

Basically it's when you don't read an entire thread before posting, then you end up posting the same thing that someone else did.

jhonizzle
Forum Regular
May 21, 2006, 09:54 PM

Zign was that an intel iMac?

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
May 21, 2006, 10:17 PM

No iSight, so it can't be an Intel.

zign
Forum Regular
May 22, 2006, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by jhonizzle
Zign was that an intel iMac?

It's a G5 2Ghz (rev.b)
iPhone 8GB

azt33
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2006, 05:24 AM

To go a bit off-topic here, Zign, are you happy that you have replaced a desktop/laptop by a powerful laptop?
MacBook Pro 15.4/ i7 2.2 / 8.0/ 750/ DL SD/ APX
iPhone 4 16GB (black)

zign
Forum Regular
May 22, 2006, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by azt33
To go a bit off-topic here, Zign, are you happy that you have replaced a desktop/laptop by a powerful laptop?
Yes I am. Over the past 6 months I had to do quite a lot of work on my laptop and iBook just wasn't powerful enough. MBP was a good replacement, and I then realized, that I preferred using MBP to iMac, so I just sold the iMac. I am getting a cinema display, as I do miss a large display sometimes when I work in more than 2 applications at the same time (such as Flash, Fireworks, preview).
iPhone 8GB

thefunkymunky
May 22, 2006, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bryanmc

LOL. That looks like my setup. Hehe. Its what notebooks and wireless internet were invented for.
MacBook Pro - 15.4-inch/2.16GHz Intel Core Duo/2GB RAM/100GB S-ATA 5400RPM HDD/ATI X1600 256MB/SuperDrive. PSN ID: kraized
facebook

dblezard
May 23, 2006, 10:49 PM

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2006, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by haha
Spam reported.


teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
May 24, 2006, 02:34 PM

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

tillin
May 24, 2006, 07:58 PM

this is my office setup - my 17" powerbook, and my dell 24" 2405fpw. also present in my ultimate cubicle is a logitech mx700 wireless mouse, an apple bluetooth wireless keyboard, my RAZR V3 phone, my PSP ( umm.. no i dont play PSP at work ) some office phone that i never use, and a really cool purple ethernet cable.

all in all id say its pretty complete.

junebug630
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2006, 06:49 PM

Very nice combination. I love my Dell 2405 and it hasn't given me a day of trouble. I still get nervous seeing someone with a 17" Powerbook on an icurve after hearing all the horror stories of them sliding off.

kapkorn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2006, 09:09 PM

My first Mac... I am a Windows IT guy

jaydon34
Senior User
May 25, 2006, 09:24 PM

congrats on your first mac and you seeing the light .
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

Spliff
Mac Elite
May 25, 2006, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by kapkorn
My first Mac... I am a Windows IT guy
What made you switch?

mathew_m
Senior User
May 25, 2006, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by nJm
Thanks for the photos. It has further tempted me to get the black one. I played around with a white one at an Apple store today (they had no black ones yet, even as demos!) and found I had the same complaint I had with the 14" iBook - too much flat white plastic to look at. Sure the glossy lid looks great, but I spend most of my time looking at the screen and keyboard, not the lid.

And I've always wanted a Pismo...
Ditto. The white model makes the screen look smaller as well. There's just too much emphasis on the white border. Overall it's symetrical with the keyboard though.

I don't dislike the white, it's just that overall it really does feel $150 cheaper... or that might just be the RDF speaking.

mathew_m
Senior User
May 25, 2006, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by masugu
I finally got my hands on the blacbook - before going to see Da Vinci Code. There was a ton of finger smears.

Actually the wrist prints in the above picture are kind of cool. Reminds me of the Shroud of Turin.

mathew_m
Senior User
May 25, 2006, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by harrisjamieh
The packaging is really cool, but the Apple remote in that sealed bag gives a very mass produced feel - my iMac CD has a very posh rectangular box that contained the remote, manual and disc, much nicer than a sealed packet tossed into the front of the box
You're not going to display the remote in its box are you? You sound like a Barbie doll collector.

kapkorn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2006, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Spliff
What made you switch?

I have been really interested in Linux the past year, so the Unix core was nice. Also I work on Windows 40 hrs a week so it gets old, I have wanted a Mac for about 2 years but the PPC was too slow (no offense) so I held off as soon as this came out i got one.

Spliff
Mac Elite
May 25, 2006, 11:45 PM

I have been really interested in Linux the past year, so the Unix core was nice. Also I work on Windows 40 hrs a week so it gets old, I have wanted a Mac for about 2 years but the PPC was too slow (no offense) so I held off as soon as this came out i got one.
Are you also going to install Yellow Dog or Ubuntu?

Velocity211
Grizzled Veteran
May 25, 2006, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by NightEyes
I luuurve the black MacBook. I know these things are to a great degree subjective, but it was the matte finish that tipped the scales for me. If the black had been glossy I'd have gone white.

Hey, I rememver you. You were in the PB/MBP Forum with your MBP and the same wallpaper, same desk, same area, only different thing is in your MBP pic, it was snowing outside. Anyway great wallpaper.
iMac 24" | Core 2 Extreme 2.8GHz | 4GB RAM | 500GB HD
PowerBook G4 15" HR | 1.67GHz | 2GB RAM | 100GB HD
R.I.P 1995 Toyota Supra NA-T

Star-Fire
Dedicated MacNNer
May 25, 2006, 11:56 PM

My 2.0 MacBook with 2GB and a nice hitachi 7200 drive
and my 2.0 iMac 20"
MacBook Pro 2.5 with 4 GB Ram, 250 GB 5400RPM, iMac 20" Intel Dual Core 2.0 with 2 GB Ram
http://star-fire.deviantart.com/gallery/

Gamoe
Mac Elite
May 25, 2006, 11:56 PM

I have wanted a Mac for about 2 years but the PPC was too slow (no offense) so I held off as soon as this came out i got one.
Remember, you cannot compare PPC and x86s directly by clock speed. Now that's not really an issue, though, so it's much more clear, and yes, the Core Duo (people are abbreviating this to "CD" and I keep on reading "Compact Disc"-- Geez, it's not even that long, people!) does have a major speed advantage over the G4s the previous Mac notebooks used.

Simon
Posting Junkie
May 26, 2006, 02:02 AM

StarFire, I really like your desktop backgrounds. Did you take pictures yourself? From what I can see on these pics, they're great photos.
•

Jason
May 26, 2006, 02:22 AM

Hey AGoglanian, great looking office set up! If only my uni classroom was as good as that! I've notivced you have photoshop up and running, do you work in the design industry? or is it just a hobby? Also is there any reason you havent upgraded the powerobook to a macbook pro? would it have anything to do with Adobe not being native!? thanks buddy, take care.
"Amidst all the hype of modern design and computers, we have remained true by generating the majority of our designs by hand, viewing the computer as a tool and not letting it dictate our designs." - Ames Design.

quangdiggity
May 26, 2006, 02:36 AM

Star-fire....... dude u have got an awesum set-up going on there

btw, does the iMac feel much snappier ??

Star-Fire
Dedicated MacNNer
May 26, 2006, 03:10 AM

Thanks! the iMac is snappier, but not my as much as you would think, the 7200RPM drive in the Macbook helped that but for 3D the iMac runs circles around the Macbook, interestingly enough the boot time on both of them is almost identical.

I do take the pictures, I like to take beauty shots of Apple hardware since it is so beautiful plus photography is a hobby of mine, all my shot are taken with a Canon 20D SLR and a Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 lens, and that lens is awesome, cheap and is even better then the Canon L class lenses which cost 3 times as much.

Here is a link to the orignal pic on the MacBook: http://home.comcast.net/~jasonn/mb1.jpg Beware it's 1.4 Megs.
MacBook Pro 2.5 with 4 GB Ram, 250 GB 5400RPM, iMac 20" Intel Dual Core 2.0 with 2 GB Ram

ecking01
Forum Regular
May 26, 2006, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Star-Fire
Thanks! the iMac is snappier, but not my as much as you would think, the 7200RPM drive in the Macbook helped that but for 3D the iMac runs circles around the Macbook, interestingly enough the boot time on both of them is almost identical.

I do take the pictures, I like to take beauty shots of Apple hardware since it is so beautiful plus photography is a hobby of mine, all my shot are taken with a Canon 20D SLR and a Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 lens, and that lens is awesome, cheap and is even better then the Canon L class lenses which cost 3 times as much.

Here is a link to the orignal pic on the MacBook: http://home.comcast.net/~jasonn/mb1.jpg Beware it's 1.4 Megs.
I thought you owned a mbp?

Star-Fire
Dedicated MacNNer
May 26, 2006, 08:14 AM

I did, sold it for a Macbook.

kapkorn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 26, 2006, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Spliff
Are you also going to install Yellow Dog or Ubuntu?

I doubt it, I have a Ubuntu server at my house so I get all my Linux needs done on it.

Originally Posted by Gabriel Morales
Remember, you cannot compare PPC and x86s directly by clock speed. Now that's not really an issue, though, so it's much more clear, and yes, the Core Duo (people are abbreviating this to "CD" and I keep on reading "Compact Disc"-- Geez, it's not even that long, people!) does have a major speed advantage over the G4s the previous Mac notebooks used.

True, I wasnt talking clock speed, I meant that I would try out Macs and they always felt slow coming from a PC. Now that they are on Intel though... much better!

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
May 26, 2006, 09:17 AM

Mine is a 1.83, 100 GB, 2 GB RAM. It's even faster than it's beautiful…

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
May 26, 2006, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Star-Fire

Now that is one nice shot! Using it as a wallpaper. Thx for sharing!

Simon
Posting Junkie
May 26, 2006, 12:53 PM

Just got it.

It's right next to my 15" MBP 2GHz (in closed-lid mode), my 23" ACD and my LaCie 160GB FW drive. I'm just setting it up right now.
•

tillin
May 26, 2006, 02:13 PM

junebug-
I haven't had any trouble with my icurve, it stays nice and still on my desk, but i also have lightning fast reflexes should it ever start to slide! and yea, i love this dell monitor, it was so much cheaper than my 23" cinema. and it calibrated so nicely.!

jason -
thank you for the compliment!, i am a photographer actually, so yes, photoshop is a very important tool for me, i haven't upgraded my powerbook yet because the universal binary version of photoshop isnt out ( like you said ) which i have a feeling we wont see until CS3.
also, i still have a year left on the warranty, it still works great for photoshop in general, and i have a G5 tower at home.

i may eventually sell the powerbook to get something smaller, those macbooks really piqued my interest, but i do enjoy a game every now and again, so i dont know if i'd go for that. ( but it sure is tempting )

i wont do any switching to intel until photoshop is universal though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules