Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP Logic Board (UK)

MBP Logic Board (UK)
zign
Forum Regular
Aug 17, 2006, 12:41 PM

Did anyone have the whining logic board replaced in the UK? How long did it take? I keep reading about people in US or Canada using authorized apple centers to replace the mlb. Is there such thing in UK?
15.4 MBP 2.33Ghz C2D, 3Gb, 120Gb HD, 256MB X1600, 10.5.1
iPhone 8GB
http://palitsyn.com

robfarri
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2006, 11:16 AM

Mine's been in since 31st July for logic board, screen inverter and optical drive replacement. The logic board parts have been delayed and when I called them today they said that it was expected to be done by 31st August! Pretty poor. I asked about a replacement and they said they couldn't offer one, I had to wait until I got it back and then they would be able to offer some compensation. I might try again though next week.

MickeyZ
Aug 18, 2006, 12:17 PM

In Dublin (Ireland) it took the whole 3 days. On Monday they collected my MBP from my office and I had it delivered back on Wednesday.

Mickey
15" MacBook Pro, Intel i7 2.3GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD

zign  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2006, 12:49 PM

Do you need Apple Care for that? I had mine since april.
15.4 MBP 2.33Ghz C2D, 3Gb, 120Gb HD, 256MB X1600, 10.5.1
iPhone 8GB
http://palitsyn.com

cms
Senior User
Aug 18, 2006, 01:29 PM

Hardware defects are covered for 12 months from date of purchase. The quickest way to get anything done here in the UK -- in and out of warranty -- is to take the unit directly to a Certified Apple Repair Centre. You can find details of the nearest one to you on the Apple website, or call the Customer Care number on the Apple UK website, and they will give you 'phone numbers, etc., of certified service centres near you. It can be a bit hit and miss, as some are better than others, but the service can be first class. I use one just a few miles from my home and I cannot rate it highly enough -- charming people, brilliant service, and very, very fast indeed. The main advantage is that it avoids all that wasted time on the 'phone talking to muppets at Apple "Tech Support" who mostly don't have a clue.

Forum Links
Forum Rules