Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > problem with new pb? please no...

problem with new pb? please no...
t4r1q
Jul 31, 2004, 02:36 AM

I have Expose set to use keys F9-F11 and F11 is used for Desktop. Problem is, when I hit F11, it doesn't register and I have to pretty much pound the key or hold it down with excessive force considering how light the key presses normally are.

Also when the key press does register, the expose feature doesnt work correctly because it just shows the desktop and returns to the normal view instead of pausing with the desktop visible and shaded border.

If it helps, I have my Logitech mouse emulating the F11 key, and when I press the button on my mouse, the expose feature works perfectly. It also works fine, if I use F8 for the Deskotp feature instead of F11.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem, I am running 10.3.3 and have not updated to 10.3.4 because of the video card flaw. Just wondering if it may be a OS problem or a bad keyboard...please tell me its the OS!

t4r1q  (op)
Jul 31, 2004, 02:40 AM

I found this http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-72784

but the key doesnt look crooked to me and I'm too afraid to try and remove it since Apple might blame me. No Apple Stores in Canada to take it in to either. I think my F12 key is busted too.

magid
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 31, 2004, 03:49 AM

well since it is brand new, call up, raise hell, and try and get a new powerbook. or just live with it and switch the expose feature with another key, at least that is your only problem.

t4r1q  (op)
Jul 31, 2004, 05:19 AM

and live with an imperfect powerbook? thats impossible!

i'll try calling up apple later today

t4r1q  (op)
Jul 31, 2004, 02:37 PM

Called AppleCare today and they told me to call the Education centre (since I got a discount) which is only open on weekdays. So I have to wait until Tuesday (Monday is Civic Day), but the girl mentioned that I should try contacting a local authorized service dealer and have them replace/fix the keyboard.

Forum Links
Forum Rules