Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Dual 1.25Ghz MDD PowerMac *LOADED* 2GB/200GB HD/Super & ComboDrive, more!

FS: Dual 1.25Ghz MDD PowerMac *LOADED* 2GB/200GB HD/Super & ComboDrive, more!
SouthPaW1227
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 7, 2004, 01:42 PM

Hi all! I'm trying to sell my basically brand new Dual 1.25Ghz G4 PowerMac as I just don't use it hardly enough. I purchased this brand new through Apple's website in Sept. '03 & it has remained under my desk on a riser shelf ever since seeing very light use. I keep all my electronics in tip-top shape, and this machine is no different. The specs are:

Dual G4 PowerMac MDD 1.25Ghz processors w/ 2MB L3 cache per proc.
2GB PC2700 RAM (4x512MB)
nVidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600 128MB graphics card OEM w/ ADC & DVI connectors (so you can connect 2 Apple displays w/ one adapter, or dual DVI displays)
80GB HD + 120GB 8MB cache HD
Pioneer DVR-106A DVD- & + R/RW Burner "SuperDrive"
32x DVD/CD-RW "ComboDrive"
I've got Panther installed, as well as FULL versions of Final Cut Pro 4 (w/ all the LiveType software), Soundtrack, iLife '04 w/ the full "JamPack" software suite installed, DVD Studio Pro 2, etc. All these are real installs (not warez).

I have all the original boxes, manuals, etc. and they're all in perfect shape...I even have the foam cover the computer itself comes wrapped in. The white Apple "Pro" keyboard (which isn't being made/sold anymore) is still wrapped in plastic and has never had a finger laid on it. I don't have the factory mouse, but it's one button anyway, and I can toss in a very nice Logitech MX500 that's fully OS X compatible.

I also have an Apple 17" LCD Display that's been used w/ this machine that I will sell together or seperately, and the display comes with all it's original packing, boxes, etc. as well.

This is a dream machine for anyone looking to get into video/audio editing or gaming (it runs Halo beautifully) & it's already stocked w/ RAM & HD space as well as the ability to push dual Apple or DVI displays. Also, on a side note, this machine *WILL* boot into OS 9 for those who still use apps. for OS 9. An extremely similar, albiet less equipped, machine recently sold on eBay for ~$2,300. I'm looking to get $2,250 *SHIPPED* in the 48 states...I WILL ship internationally if the buyer pays the costs, and I'll label it as a "gift" to avoid duties. I'll toss the display in for $550 extra w/ the machine, or $600 seperately. Post here & PM me if interested!

nshank
Mar 10, 2004, 01:06 PM

While I look for a buyer for one of my kidneys, bump for you
Nick
Primary: Windtunnel (MDD) 1.25DP, 2G DDR, 128M Radeon 9000 Pro (PC Mod, have the original 64M Mac one for GP), Combo drive,
2x NEC 4X DVD-RW's, 2x Seagate 120G, 2x IBM 9.1G U2W in RAID 1, 2x Samsung 191T+ LCD's

Macola
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2004, 02:55 PM

You may have to think about your asking price, considering what new units sell for:
http://www.smalldog.com/product/46579
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

filmmaker2002
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 10, 2004, 03:16 PM

Originally posted by Macola:
You may have to think about your asking price, considering what new units sell for:
http://www.smalldog.com/product/46579
You're kidding right? I would buy this thing in a heartbeat if I didn't already have a loaded Dual 1Ghz MDD. This MDD has 200GB space, 2GB RAM, a faster Superdrive AND additional combo drive, not to mention all the software. The package is easily worth 3 grand with all the software (FCP4 is $1000 alone) assuming the discs come with it. Nice setup Southpaw.
It's just an ordinary day and it's all your
state of mind, at the end of the day, you
just gotta say it's alright!

Macola
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2004, 08:17 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize he was actually selling the software. My brain typically filters out any software in "hardware for sale" posts...too much time spent on eBay, I guess. I retract my earlier comment
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Mar 11, 2004, 04:26 AM

Are you sure it comes with all that software? I mean, it says it has full retail installs, but nowhere does the ad actually say that the software CDs are included. It doesn't affect the price unless the original CDs with serial numbers are included.

Still an awesome machine. Looks like about $700 worth of extras on it. Bump

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Mar 11, 2004, 08:00 AM

Damn that is a good offer! If I had the money right now I'd take you on it! But I don't and I won't until this fall.

Oh well.
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Forum Links
Forum Rules