Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The French to the Gypsies: "GTFO!"

The French to the Gypsies: "GTFO!" (Page 2)
BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2013, 04:28 PM

They days of needed large quantities of unskilled laborers is over.

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 28, 2013, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by BLAZE_MkIV View Post
They days of needed large quantities of unskilled laborers is over.
Bullshit.

Illegal immigrants flock here a half-million at a crack because there's just no work here.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2013, 05:22 PM

No they flock here because NAFTA exposed them to our wheat and corn subsidies and they can't make a living farming anymore and there are no other jobs at home so they come here and cut grass.

andi*pandi
Sep 28, 2013, 05:24 PM

Of course all Roma aren't thieves, but should we ignore evidence that there are those who are?

This isn't the kind of stealing to survive that is empathizable, IMO. It's not stealing a loaf of bread to save their sister's child. It's cheating little old ladies of their life savings, it's doing shoddy roof repair work, it's doing half a driveway job then demanding twice payment before finishing. Is that a defensible way of life?

Congrats to your wife for succeeding outside that world. Plenty of people with infamous last names change them to escape family history, or blend in with society. If you want to exist into a culture, you have to take part in it and yes, blend in a little.

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 28, 2013, 05:36 PM

Meh.

Gangbangers rolling an old lady isn't empathizable either, but I can empathize with the conditions which push people to doing that.

Hint: they don't do it because it's their "culture" (not that you are claiming that Andi).

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 28, 2013, 05:38 PM

No they flock here because NAFTA exposed them to our wheat and corn subsidies and they can't make a living farming anymore and there are no other jobs at home so they come here and cut grass.
This supports your argument unskilled labor isn't needed how?

Shaddim  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 28, 2013, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Since this involves France abusing my wife's "people", I do have a dog in the fight. Nice try, though.

Originally Posted by subego View Post
"This isn't because they're black, it's because they're criminals.

I have no problem with black people who aren't niggers."

You guys kinda make me sick.
Amen.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 28, 2013, 07:18 PM

I believe he was saying you're right? I dunno.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 28, 2013, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Since this involves France abusing my wife's "people", I do have a dog in the fight. Nice try, though.
I personally don't have a dog in the fight, except as, I don't know... a human being.

And it's not like there aren't cultures out there which really piss me off, but I'm not going to defend mass deportation as a solution.

You ****ers in Europe sure have some short memories.

Shaddim  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 28, 2013, 09:38 PM

You know, I've had a lot of gypsies in my home and I've never felt the need to "lock away the silver" or anything like that. My only real problem with them is they don't know when to go to bed and will dance and party all night, as long as the bar stays open.

The type of open bigotry involved in this is a real splash of cold water.
- Thomas Paine

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2013, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Romanians hate Gypsies - OK
French hate Gypsies - Not OK.
When did I offer my take on it? I said pretty clearly its not OK. I can't stop other people from being bigots, you know.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2013, 02:46 AM

I personally don't have a dog in the fight, except as, I don't know... a human being.

And it's not like there aren't cultures out there which really piss me off, but I'm not going to defend mass deportation as a solution.

You ****ers in Europe sure have some short memories.
But think about it, a France sized moonbounce would be remembered for generations to come. And, no more of France's bullshit government sponsored bigotry either!

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2013, 10:14 AM

The only jobs available for unskilled labor are at below poverty line wages. This means there's no demand for them.

Isn't France the most liberal EU country about these things?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 30, 2013, 10:23 AM

Me either, but my wife has. Why? Because of what she is (half gypsy with a distrusted last name).
I was wondering why you were going so hard at this.

Also, I wish I could think of any distrusted last names.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2013, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Evil?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 30, 2013, 11:01 AM

Evil?
Black?

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2013, 11:09 AM

Black?
Jack Black is a comedian right? No others come to mind.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 30, 2013, 11:11 AM

Lewis Black, and it was a racist joke.

andi*pandi
Sep 30, 2013, 11:21 AM

I know a lot of Romanians, and couldn't even tell you one name which is supposed to be disreputable. Nor could I pick a Roma, dishonest or not, out of any basic Euro/Anglo crowd. I am sure that the dishonest do not go by their given names anyhow.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 30, 2013, 11:28 AM

Well, I really meant any, not Roma. I mean, aside from politicians.

andi*pandi
Sep 30, 2013, 11:43 AM

You have a good point, which I competely missed.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2013, 01:26 PM

Gypsies are the least of Europe's worries. They're being out bred by middles eastern immigrants.

BTW this thread needs some Cher!

Cher - Gypsys Tramps And Thieves - YouTube
45/47

andi*pandi
Sep 30, 2013, 02:03 PM

And now that song's in my head, thanks!

Shaddim  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 30, 2013, 02:22 PM

The only jobs available for unskilled labor are at below poverty line wages. This means there's no demand for them.

Isn't France the most liberal EU country about these things?
No demand? Have you ever been around Home Depot at 6-7am in the morning? Or a daywork agency? You're talking out of your rear.

I was wondering why you were going so hard at this.

Perhaps that's more of a geographic or social phenomenon.
- Thomas Paine

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 30, 2013, 02:29 PM

No demand? Have you ever been around Home Depot at 6-7am in the morning? Or a daywork agency? You're talking out of your rear.
I seem to recall (Georgia?)'s severe anti-illegal law passed a few years ago having some impact on farmers not finding enough workers. And this was in a down economy.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2013, 02:35 PM

That's supply. You don't see contractors lining up bidding on workers do you?

I seem to recall (Georgia?)'s severe anti-illegal law passed a few years ago having some impact on farmers not finding enough workers. And this was in a down economy.
What wages were they offering? If I recall they wanted minimum wage for 10+ hours/day of picking crops, by hand.

Shaddim  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 30, 2013, 04:03 PM

I'm not in Georgia, but you are correct that the law was pure idiocy and only hurt their own citizens.
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 30, 2013, 04:13 PM

That's supply. You don't see contractors lining up bidding on workers do you?
The demand for unskilled work here is so high, I've seen those parking lots empty in <half an hour and the daywork center reports over 600 temp positions are filled every day (that's major for a city with <100k people in the metro area). Why? In most of them you get dirty, and most Americans don't like to get dirty.

What wages were they offering? If I recall they wanted minimum wage for 10+ hours/day of picking crops, by hand.
Those jobs usually start at $10 /hr. The only ones still paying $7.25 are cushy retail counter positions, for teens looking to make a little pocket money by working after school.
- Thomas Paine

subego
Clinically Insane
Sep 30, 2013, 04:17 PM

The demand for unskilled work here is so high, I've seen those parking lots empty in <half an hour and the daywork center reports over 600 temp positions are filled every day (that's major for a city with <100k people in the metro area). Why? In most of them you get dirty, and most Americans don't like to get dirty.
To be honest, having an American do a job where you don't need to speak English is wasting resources.

Efficiency isn't always the most important thing, but saying other stuff is more important doesn't alter the inefficiency.

Shaddim  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 30, 2013, 04:21 PM

The Swedes are in on it too, with purported secret lists and racial profiling.

Secret Swedish police registry brings fears of racial profiling for struggling Gypsy minority | CTV News
- Thomas Paine

laughingbunny
Oct 9, 2013, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by PB2K View Post
I think you should get a better idea of the local situation by seeing this documentary about European gypsies.
I never knew gypsies are so bad, I always felt they are quite romantic (traveling around)

Shaddim  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 9, 2013, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by laughingbunny View Post
I never knew gypsies are so bad, I always felt they are quite romantic (traveling around)
That's a very racist and distorted view, packed with misinformation. Like confusing their dowry system with slavery. A young woman can decide if she wants to marry the man in question, she isn't simply turned over to him without her say. They so tend to marry young (16-20), but so do Americans in my area.
- Thomas Paine

laughingbunny
Oct 10, 2013, 10:05 AM

That's a very racist and distorted view, packed with misinformation. Like confusing their dowry system with slavery. A young woman can decide if she wants to marry the man in question, she isn't simply turned over to him without her say. They so tend to marry young (16-20), but so do Americans in my area.
I know they marry young, I've been watching "the big fat gypsy wedding", the way they describe gypsy is very romantic and cool

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2013, 06:27 AM

Yeah, its very romantic when you discover that they're selling their own children : Faits divers | Un trafic d’enfants roms d�mantel� Un trafic d’enfants roms d�mantel�

Shaddim  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2013, 06:50 AM

Because all gypsies sell their kids, obviously. You know you're being a racist, right?
- Thomas Paine

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2013, 01:33 PM

Not only do all gypsies do that, the only people to have ever done it are gypsies. They invented it.

laughingbunny
Oct 15, 2013, 11:53 AM

I heard a lot of people in my country does it too, mostly girls, people can be pretty sexist too
I used to get angry and feel embarrassed when people say people in my country does it, but now I'm just numb

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 15, 2013, 12:19 PM

What is your country?

laughingbunny
Oct 15, 2013, 12:41 PM

I rather not say it to get it criticized, because I'm very patriotic, even though I don't live there any more I still go on it's forums and read about it
but there are places in the country where guys are valued much more than girls, it's a place quite opposite from the gypsy culture

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 15, 2013, 12:45 PM

Fair enough.

You are however free to make fun of my country: MURKA!

laughingbunny
Oct 15, 2013, 01:23 PM

.........................................I really don't want to sound clueless...
but, what is Murka? =________________=...

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 15, 2013, 01:25 PM

You may be confused because he didn't use it's full name, Murka, **** yeah!

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 15, 2013, 01:26 PM

It's "America" said with such force of conviction, half the letters don't even survive.

laughingbunny
Oct 15, 2013, 01:30 PM

orz.....this is so embarrassing, I should have guessed it

laughingbunny
Oct 15, 2013, 01:32 PM

There is a lot of things to criticize about from other country's perspective, but it must feel good to live there

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 15, 2013, 01:42 PM

We have our issues, but I like it.

You can judge how good our Bill of Rights is by the determination of our government to wreck it.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 15, 2013, 01:45 PM

Here's a paean to America:

“I was having dinner…in London…when eventually he got, as the Europeans always do, to the part about “Your country’s never been invaded.” And so I said, “Let me tell you who those bad guys are. They’re us. WE BE BAD. We’re the baddest-assed sons of bitches that ever jogged in Reeboks. We’re three-quarters grizzly bear and two-thirds car wreck and descended from a stock market crash on our mother’s side. You take your Germany, France, and Spain, roll them all together and it wouldn’t give us room to park our cars. We’re the big boys, Jack, the original, giant, economy-sized, new and improved butt kickers of all time. When we snort coke in Houston, people lose their hats in Cap d’Antibes. And we’ve got an American Express card credit limit higher than your piss-ant metric numbers go. You say our country’s never been invaded? You’re right, little buddy. Because I’d like to see the needle-dicked foreigners who’d have the guts to try. We drink napalm to get our hearts started in the morning. A rape and a mugging is our way of saying 'Cheerio.' Hell can’t hold our sock-hops.

We walk taller, talk louder, spit further, **** longer and buy more things than you know the names of. I’d rather be a junkie in a New York City jail than king, queen, and jack of all Europeans. We eat little countries like this for breakfast and shit them out before lunch.”

andi*pandi
Oct 15, 2013, 01:55 PM

Not sure who said that, but I'm reading it in my head in a Jack Nicholson "You can't handle the truth!" voice.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 15, 2013, 01:59 PM

Oops. My bad. It's P.J. O'Rourke.

Better to have Nicholson say it.

laughingbunny
Oct 15, 2013, 02:19 PM

America is young, with short history, so people in America is more innocent and with more self confidence, less bad habit from the long histories
like a teenage boy, fearless and reckless
Within time it might develop all kind of things. But you never know, it's experiment.

Forum Links
Forum Rules