Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > QuickTime Audio Capture Problems

QuickTime Audio Capture Problems
ChrisB
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 15, 1999, 02:32 AM

I have a G3 upgraded Performa 6360 with an ixTV card, and when I run any capture application, including Adobe Premiere, usually after a minute, sometimes sooner, of capturing video the audio is lost and drops out. Any ideas? I'm running MacOS 8.5 with 88MB of RAM, and a Quantum 3.2GB 5400rpm internal IDE drive that I replaced the Apple 1.2GB slow drive with.

------------------
Chris Brown
Penumbra Technologies, Inc.
Chris Brown
Media, Brand, and IPTV Consultant

mingc
Nov 18, 1999, 06:05 PM

The performas have always been problematic. I have a Performa 6360 too, but I don't know the solution to your problem. But I'm thinking of upgrading to a G3 too; with the built in geoport modem, does the upgrade improve computer responsiveness while using the modem? (since it emulates the modem, it slows down the computer while you're on the internet.)

ChrisB  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 1999, 11:08 AM

Actually, I've never had a problem with my PowerMac since I bought it, it's been the most perfect Mac I've ever used. But of course now I do have a wierd problem. :-) I would definitely purchase a G3 upgrade. I have a Sonnet one. It's the best purchase I ever made, my Mac screams now. MacBench 5.0 rated my graphics 1 point above that of a Biege G3/300. As for the performance of your internal modem, I'm not sure how it would perform because when I bought the Mac I took out the modem card and replaced it with a 10base-T Comm Slot II card from Sonic Systems. I use an extenal Global Village Modem - you just get better performance that way. Oh, and if you don't buy the G3 card, then buy an L2 cache card for the Performa - it doubled my performance when I was still running on the 603e CPU on the motherboard.

------------------
Chris Brown
Penumbra Technologies, Inc.

[This message has been edited by ChrisB (edited 11-19-1999).]
Chris Brown
Media, Brand, and IPTV Consultant

Forum Links
Forum Rules