Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > audio problem

audio problem
Zoom
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2000, 03:30 PM

I've got so many pent-up issues...
I've got a Power Computing clone and Apple Design speakers. I do a lot of audio CD burning, and my sound is driving me nuts. It seems to cut out when the audio level is too low - ie, during quite parts of songs. On a song that fades in, I'll hit "play" in Toast (or Jam) and it will finally cut in when it hits some threshold, and cut back out if it gets quiet again. This is VERY annoying. Any ideas?

Late 2012 27" iMac 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 24GB RAM, 3TB Fusion drive

Kocher
Feb 28, 2000, 09:21 AM

this problem sounds like a speaker problem- when speakers are shot (from playing WAY to loud!) they seem only to work at reallly loud volumes. either that or the connection isnt stable from the speakers to the computer. Or, try using a sound editing program and bump the levels of your audio tracks. what kind of sound do you get from a burned CD in, say, a standalone CD player? If it's okay, then something is wrong with your computer and speaker set up. Hope this gives you a direction.

Forum Links
Forum Rules