Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Help me make my office not boring!

Help me make my office not boring!
macwall
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 5, 2007, 05:15 PM

Hello all,

I'm an Apple employee that moved to a nifty new office here in Cupertino and I have a problem: I face a big huge blank white wall every day at work.

As a way to brighten up my day and the office, I want to cover up the wall with pictures of Apple fans and their Apple hardware. Now, the wall is long and huge, at least 12 feet high and maybe 20 feet long, and there's plenty of foot traffic so I think this will definitely be a hit.

How can you help? Send me pictures! Lots and lots of pictures of you and your Apple hardware, be it computers, iPhones, iPods, old or new! I would prefer actual photographs, best would be polaroids or standard 6x4, since they'll be easy to stick on and take off. However, I'm not picky, send me poster size photographs or decent sized color inkjet printouts.

Just put them into an envelope and mail it to:

(draw this out!)
PO Box 2312
Cupertino, 95015-2312

That's it! You don't need to include letters or even a return address if you don't feel like it. I would even especially love to see international Apple fans.

I'll be keeping a photo diary of this whole process and if you want, please forward this (via email or just the link to this thread) to anyone you think would be interested. Thanks!

Rules:

0. Just so this doesn't drag on and on, I can't accept anything after January 31, 2008. So if you can send it before Christmas or Thanksgiving I would appreciate it.

1. Please don't send something that's not safe for work. I don't want to be fired.

2. This isn't a covert guerrilla marketing campaign, but whatever you send I most likely won't be able to send back or pay you for it. So if it's a precious picture of your little kid that you want to cherish forever, please make a copy.

3. This is just a simple art project, please don't complicate things by sending me weird requests (such as warranty or tech support) or business ideas. Go to either apple.com/support or apple.com/contact for that.

OreoCookie
Nov 5, 2007, 05:32 PM

AFAIK they are not.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 5, 2007, 06:16 PM

Wow, seriously? You're not prohibited from posting here? If so, cool.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

paul w
Mac Elite
Nov 5, 2007, 06:17 PM

I was just gonna ask - are you allowed to be posting here?

Person Man
Professional Poster
Nov 5, 2007, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by paul w View Post
I was just gonna ask - are you allowed to be posting here?
Probably not, hence the Apple symbol as the name and the PO Box and the name "macwall."

Though there have been a few Apple employees posting here (I'm assuming with permission) in the past, such as Sal Soghoian from the AppleScript Group, for example.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2007, 05:35 AM

he looks like a real employee to me.
word.
we don't have time to stop for gas

Mithras
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2007, 10:48 AM

I'd suggest that you do a sketch of the next-model iPhone, put that on your wall, and then post a photograph here.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2007, 10:57 AM

I was offered a job by apple that I passed up but when I was speaking with them I told them I posted here and they didn't have a problem with it as long as I didn't talk about new products, etc.

How about a picture of this wall and what the office looks like for some inspiration.
(yes, some people are inspired by a blank canvas)
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

Person Man
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2007, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by SSharon View Post
I was offered a job by apple that I passed up but when I was speaking with them I told them I posted here and they didn't have a problem with it as long as I didn't talk about new products, etc.
As opposed to the Apple Store employment agreement which explicitly forbids any contact with Apple-related discussion forums.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2007, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Person Man View Post
As opposed to the Apple Store employment agreement which explicitly forbids any contact with Apple-related discussion forums.
Hey, it is certainly possible the recruiter/HR employee I was talking to got it wrong. I couldn't take the job because I needed to get job experience in a different field so I never pursued it very far. I recommended a friend and he got the job though.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2007, 11:35 AM

The only thing I wonder about, is why can't we email jpeg images for you to print out on a color printer and post on the wall.

That would save us a lot of postage.

Person Man
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2007, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by SSharon View Post
Hey, it is certainly possible the recruiter/HR employee I was talking to got it wrong. I couldn't take the job because I needed to get job experience in a different field so I never pursued it very far. I recommended a friend and he got the job though.
Well, the job agreement for a non Apple Store job might be different in that regard.

As I said, there have been Apple people that have participated here and in other online fora in the past. I can name two off the top of my head:

1. Sal Soghoian (sp?) who is part of the AppleScript Group. He has posted here before, under the username Sal.

2. Kevin Calhoun (no longer at Apple) was an engineer working on HyperCard. He used to post regularly on the Usenet group comp.sys.mac.hypercard, when he was still working at Apple.

There are undoubtedly others here, who have chosen not to reveal themselves.

Forum Links
Forum Rules