Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Trouble connecting wireless pc-card to Airport Express

Trouble connecting wireless pc-card to Airport Express
gbhgbh
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 11, 2005, 01:57 AM

I'm having trouble connecting my wireless pc-card to my router. When I check System Preferences > Network, the Network Status for the Ethernet Adapter (en1) shows a yellow light with the message; "The cable for Ethernet Adapter (en1) is connected, but your computer does not have an IP address and cannot conect to the Internet". Also, when I check System Preferences > WirelessConfig, it shows the card connected to the network and a strong signal strength.

My setup is a Powerbook G3 running MacOS 10.3.8, with the Sourceforge Wireless driver, trying to connect to an Airport Express that is attached to a Linksys router through its ethernet port. The Airport Express is set to not distribute IP addresses, and does not have encryption turned on. In addition, I have a second Powerbook connected to the Airport Express, wirelessly, with no problems.
How can I get the first one to work?

Forum Links
Forum Rules