Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Replacement ipod received, strange bend under glass.

Replacement ipod received, strange bend under glass.
sadpandas
Forum Regular
May 11, 2006, 02:55 AM

Hello everyone.

Here is why my ipod was being replaced in the 1st place. When i opened the box i noticed that if you look at itt at the right angle there is a bump or ripple on or under the screen under the glass. i tried taking pictures of the ipod but you cant see it in the photos. I searched the forms and couldn't find any otther threads that describe what i am seeing. I should point out, like i did in my earlier thread, that i purchased the ipod from the refurb store orgionally. I think that the replacement is also a refurb. Anyone seen or heard of something like this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pan fried
*Dual 2.8 quad core Mac Pro, 512 8800 GT, 1tb boot, 500gb audio, 340gb video, 6gb ram
*15"pb*1.67*128vm*100hd*2g ram*
*PMac*Dual 2.0GHz* 4g ram*
*3.0 p4 630* gigabyte848p775* radeon X800 Pro 256* 2g ram*

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
May 11, 2006, 10:04 PM

Without a picture, it's hard to say, but I think I've seen something similar before. It's just a cosmetic issue, and can happen with brand new ones, so I don't think it has anything to do with whether you got a refurbished one. Does it bother you a lot? Can you see it even when the backlight is on?

sadpandas  (op)
Forum Regular
May 12, 2006, 03:56 AM

Yes, but again, only at the right angle. It doesnt bother me if the bend isn't a sign of another problem to come or an underlying problem. I just want the thing to work properly and do what it is supposed to do. provide hours of listening pleasure to the sounds of sweet slow jams... KIDDING. Anyway, thanks for the advice Icruise, i will try and take some better pictures of it somehow.
*Dual 2.8 quad core Mac Pro, 512 8800 GT, 1tb boot, 500gb audio, 340gb video, 6gb ram
*15"pb*1.67*128vm*100hd*2g ram*
*PMac*Dual 2.0GHz* 4g ram*
*3.0 p4 630* gigabyte848p775* radeon X800 Pro 256* 2g ram*

Forum Links
Forum Rules