Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone 3G not connecting to AT&T network!

iPhone 3G not connecting to AT&T network!
magicbumone
Jul 11, 2008, 05:41 PM

I called AT&T about how my iPhone won't connect to their network and they said that its because of all the iPhones trying to connect all at once. The guy said I be connected with in a hour though and it been 3 hours now and I am still not able to connect to the network. Are all new iPhone 3G owners having this issue?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 11, 2008, 05:43 PM

Not everyone is, but in some places I'd imagine their network is pretty busy, so yeah it might take a while.

magicbumone  (op)
Jul 11, 2008, 06:11 PM

So I just talked to my friend who got one also and his iPhone is working great and we are in the same are.

UltimaLaw
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2008, 06:19 PM

Have you actually activated your phone? I have heard of troubles with that but once it's activated there should be no issue making calls, as the At&T cell phone network is a lot larger than a couple iPhones can break (the actual network infrastructure).....

Just give it some time, I didn't get mine activated until 4:00 p.m. today, 6 hours after I returned home with it!
15" Macbook Pro w/ Retina / 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 / 16 GB DDR3 Memory / 256 GB SSD / Backlit Keyboard / OSX El Capitan
Apple iPhone 6+ / 64GB (Silver) / Wi-Fi and AT&T LTE / Apple iPad 3rd Generation / 64GB Wi-Fi
New Apple TV 32GB / New Touchpad Remote / Netflix and Entire App Store (TWiT, YouTube, WatchESPN, TV Networks, Etc.)
Apple iPad Pro / 12.9" Retina Touchscreen / A9X Chip / 4-Speaker High-Fidelity Sound / Smart Keyboard Pro / Apple Pencil

magicbumone  (op)
Jul 11, 2008, 06:25 PM

Yes it is activated! I have been playing around with all the cool apps and everything. This is just pissing me off bc one I want to use my iPhone for a phone and not as a iPod Touch and also my old phone no longer works leaving me with out a cell phone!

UltimaLaw
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2008, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by magicbumone View Post
Yes it is activated! I have been playing around with all the cool apps and everything. This is just pissing me off bc one I want to use my iPhone for a phone and not as a iPod Touch and also my old phone no longer works leaving me with out a cell phone!
Very very strange, hang in there.....it'll come back!
15" Macbook Pro w/ Retina / 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 / 16 GB DDR3 Memory / 256 GB SSD / Backlit Keyboard / OSX El Capitan
Apple iPhone 6+ / 64GB (Silver) / Wi-Fi and AT&T LTE / Apple iPad 3rd Generation / 64GB Wi-Fi
New Apple TV 32GB / New Touchpad Remote / Netflix and Entire App Store (TWiT, YouTube, WatchESPN, TV Networks, Etc.)
Apple iPad Pro / 12.9" Retina Touchscreen / A9X Chip / 4-Speaker High-Fidelity Sound / Smart Keyboard Pro / Apple Pencil

magicbumone  (op)
Jul 11, 2008, 07:35 PM

Talking to AT&T right now! They don't know what's going on so far!

magicbumone  (op)
Jul 11, 2008, 07:40 PM

The SIM that came with my iPhone was not registered in AT&T system. So now I have to go back to AT&T and get a new SIM card. They better not charge me for a new SIM!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules