Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > worth waiting until Sept. 10th?

worth waiting until Sept. 10th?
warlag
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2013, 12:04 AM

Hello once again. As most of you I am a iPhone user and plan to stay that way. But my iPhone is a little outdated its a iPhone 3G. Its a good 3 years old i bet. Theres so much buzz right now about the Sept. 10th announcement that I do not know what to do. I want a new iPhone 5, I need a new iPhone badly. I want to go get a new one right away but I also want to wait until Sept. 10th. I just dont know if it is going to be worth the wait. Any oppinions please?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 18, 2013, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by warlag View Post
Hello once again. As most of you I am a iPhone user and plan to stay that way. But my iPhone is a little outdated its a iPhone 3G. Its a good 3 years old i bet. Theres so much buzz right now about the Sept. 10th announcement that I do not know what to do. I want a new iPhone 5, I need a new iPhone badly. I want to go get a new one right away but I also want to wait until Sept. 10th. I just dont know if it is going to be worth the wait. Any oppinions please?
How much are you wanting to spend? If the pattern continues, the iPhone 4S will be the new free phone replacing the 4 once this next iPhone is released.

Hardware wise, I don't think you are going to see anything ridiculously groundbreaking in the next iPhone or the next phone of any kind, but who knows?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 18, 2013, 06:55 AM

The 4S will probably die with the upcoming update, and be replaced by the 5C. Apple needs to get rid of the 30-pin Dock connector ASAP.

Still, I would wait for the update, if only because getting the 5 or 5C a couple hundred dollars cheaper would be worth the four weeks' wait, should the new top-end model not provide enough compelling features.

Cold Warrior
Aug 18, 2013, 10:12 AM

Absolutely I'd wait. Sometimes there are early supply constraints, so be prepared to get up early on the first day of ordering if you want to get your as soon as possible. Otherwise there will be plenty of older models available through a lot of places.

Forum Links
Forum Rules