Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Netscape 6.1 vs. 4.7x

Netscape 6.1 vs. 4.7x
darkprince
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2001, 08:42 PM

I am running Netscape 4.72. It works ok but is not great. I've read good things about 6.1.

Why should I switch to 6.1?

Why should I stay with 4.72 (or some other 4.7x)?

popheader
Oct 15, 2001, 10:52 PM

Netscape has really fixed a lot of bugs in 6.1 vs. 6.0. I just started using it yesterday after using IE5 and netscape 4.7. I really like all the little added features. ie: composer cheesy word processor, IM (instant messenger) and lots of other little things. I think just to keep up with the current security too is worth the upgrade. Try it you'll like it.
If it wasn't for cynicism, I wouldn't have anything good to say at all

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2001, 04:26 AM

If you guys like Netscape 6.X then I would definitely recommend using Mozilla (www.mozilla.org). It's the browser that Netscape is based off of so it is more stable and efficient. Give it a try, I like it a lot better than internet explorer.

And just for future refference, Composer is supposed to be used to design webpages . For a free product, it does a great job.

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2001, 04:59 PM

Mozilla is at 0.9.5 (Netscape 6.1 is really 0.9.2.1) a large improvement. Many great new features and 0.9.5 has never crashed for me yet.

Forum Links
Forum Rules