Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Transfer AOL Personal Filing Cabinet (PFC) Mac to Mac

Transfer AOL Personal Filing Cabinet (PFC) Mac to Mac
Dell Switcher
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2009, 06:21 PM

Has anyone used the AOL Service Assistant to transfer AOL PFC to Mac Mail? I am transferring from one Mac to another Mac...both with OSX 10.4.11

Does the AOL Service Assistant ask for files to be selected to transfer to Mac Mail...I transferred PFC files from another Mac and stored in a special folder on my current Mac.
Switcher and damn glad...with iMac and PB who would not be happy!

Dell Switcher  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 28, 2009, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dell Switcher View Post
Has anyone used the AOL Service Assistant to transfer AOL PFC to Mac Mail? I am transferring from one Mac to another Mac...both with OSX 10.4.11

Does the AOL Service Assistant ask for files to be selected to transfer to Mac Mail...I transferred PFC files from another Mac and stored in a special folder on my current Mac.
Since my message, I have used the AOL Service Assistant and transferred saved AOL email messages (personal filing cabinets) to Mail which shows up in Import Mailbox. I tested the messages and the migration to Mail worked well. But, here is my problem...the imported messages are in Mail on my old computer but I cannot transfer the imported messages to Mail on my new iMac.

Please help!
Switcher and damn glad...with iMac and PB who would not be happy!

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 28, 2009, 03:54 PM

Is there any reason you can't transfer the mailboxes from YourHomeFolder\Library\Mail\Mailboxes ?

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 28, 2009, 05:35 PM

Sorry to state the obvious but what about Apple's Migration assistant, does it work for you?

BTW, I had read somewhere that there was some issue with AOL Service Assistant and latest AOL Desktop software, just in case you were using it -besides Apple's Mail-.

Forum Links
Forum Rules