Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I guess Apple did what they wanted to!

I guess Apple did what they wanted to!
rapopescu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2006, 11:02 PM

Apple was being tricky with a lot of us. They opened an Apple store the same day as a HUGE movie premiere, to get us all side-tracked in the madness of all of the great stuff. BUT, right under our noses, many of us forgot that today was the STOP THE WHINING day!

My computer is crying!

WHAT DO WE DO NOW!

drewcifer
Forum Regular
May 20, 2006, 11:31 PM

what movie?
Macbook Pro 15" (fully spec'd out)

...waiting for 6g ipods.

NateEssex
Dedicated MacNNer
May 20, 2006, 11:34 PM

I thought about that too. I believe he's speaking of The DaVinci Code. Does anyone else think the new Apple Store architecture share a strong similarity with the Pyramid structure at the Louvre referred to in The DaVinci Code? And, they both open on the same day....HMMM....

Conspiracy Theorists speak out!
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme

skyman
Mac Elite
May 20, 2006, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by drewcifer
what movie?
The Da Vinci Code.

I read the book, saw the movie today.

Tom Hanks must have been on prozac.

I give it 3 out of 5 stars.
MacBookPro 1.83GHz - 1.5 GB RAM - OS 10.4.6

drewcifer
Forum Regular
May 20, 2006, 11:48 PM

I read part of the book...
i really dont understand the craze
Macbook Pro 15" (fully spec'd out)

...waiting for 6g ipods.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
May 21, 2006, 12:05 AM

i am 99.9999% sure that apple planned to open the store before the "stop the whine" campaign. and anyway the store opened yesterday (i met and introduced myself to steve and he seemed like a nice man). however i did notice that many people forgot to call.
Computers:
Macbook Pro: 17in, 2.16Ghz, 120GB HD, 1.5 GB ram.
iBook G4: 1.07Ghz, 60GB HD, 756mb ram (on sale for parts)

PeterKG
Senior User
May 21, 2006, 01:50 AM

Who are the idiots who picked the 20th as the date to call? Let's see, MacNN, Macminute, Apple Insider, Think Secret, Macrumors, are all closed on weekends. Great to make the day when no publicity would be generated, the big day. Who cares anyway. It would not have made any difference. Apple will fix it when they are ready to.
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 1.6 GHz, Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 128 GB SSD, 24" LED ACD, 1TB Time Capsule (late 2009), IOS4 ATV, 16GB iPhone 4

milhaus
Mac Enthusiast
May 21, 2006, 08:03 PM

Apple couldn't give a **** about the "Stop the Whining" day. How many people called in? Like, 100? What did they accomplish? Jam up Customer Care reps for people with actual solvable problems, waste the protestors/callers' time, and make use of resources that Apple already had put in place. Oh yeah, they got HUGE amounts of press . . .
|Desktop:|Abit NFS7 Athlon 3200+, 1GIG RAM, DVD-R (A05) CDRW (52x), 1X200GIG, 1X160GIG, 2X120GIG, ATI Radeon 9800Pro, Samsung 172x Win XP Pro SP2
|Laptop:| Powerbook G4 12" 1.33ghz AE BT 768MB 10.3
|Laptop 2:| Compaq 1050CA 1.4ghz Centrino 512MB Win XP Home

Ryan1524
Senior User
May 22, 2006, 02:42 AM

Steve's sarcophagus and source of power is hidden underneath the Fifth Avenue store. it sucks living power out of the store patrons and channels it to the Steve-ness to prolong his life. This way he can live forever and continue to run apple until Gates is dead. That's also the reason it's open 365 days a year.
Ryan

JoeGuido
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 22, 2006, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by NateEssex
Does anyone else think the new Apple Store architecture share a strong similarity with the Pyramid structure at the Louvre referred to in The DaVinci Code?
"The striking Fifth Avenue entrance -- a 32-foot glass cube emerging from a gray and white marbled plaza -- was inspired by I.M. Pei's glass pyramid at the Louvre in Paris, said Jobs, who helped design it."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/biztech...ple.retail.ap/

Forum Links
Forum Rules