Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iMation SuperDisk SD-USB-M Will Work with OS X: Update of Old Thread

iMation SuperDisk SD-USB-M Will Work with OS X: Update of Old Thread
MacManic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2011, 02:14 AM

This thread below was too old to reply to directly; however, for the benefit of other vintage Mac users searching on Google (or other search engines) I'll add a update:

http://forums.macnn.com/82/applicati...e-driver-os-x/

The above thread concerns the use of various Imation SuperDisk models with Mac OS X, many of which were originally designed to work with OS 9.X with various drivers.

The above thread stated that the SuperDisk, model SD-USB-M, which has a Bondi Blue front panel, would not work with Mac OS X, and that in order to use it one would need to boot into OS 9.1.

This is incorrect. If you are running a PPC G4 with 10.4.11 and 9.2.2 installed all you need to do is install a driver they releases for the iMac and included on the original "SuperDisk Installer CD".

SuperDisk Installer CD: English (USA): iMac Update: Installer

I've uploaded the iMac Update 1.0 from the CD here for those that have lost their original CD:

Installer Fast Hosting

Tested on a G4 dual CPU 867 and a G4 single CPU 350.

Note: if you DO NOT install this driver Mac OS X will still instantly recognize a disk placed in the Superdisk and mount it to the desktop, but when you drag the mounted disk to the trash to un-mount it you will get a spinning beach that will never end.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2011, 11:58 AM

Much appreciated. I still have a SuperDisk I could use with a G3 B&W should the need arise.

Forum Links
Forum Rules