Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Israel Is Nothing But A Shitty Little Country

Israel Is Nothing But A Shitty Little Country (Page 3)
Sky Captain  (op)
Mac Elite
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
Aug 9, 2006, 05:53 PM

I meant recently.
Since the 1950's.
I think one armed conflict was 1974.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2006, 06:43 PM

Canada has had a couple, just none ended in violence. The one I can remeber most is the Mohawks in Quebec. That was a long standoff.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

ZID
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2006, 06:49 PM

Hi,

At first i'm a semite so don't say i'm anti-semitism !!

Then, take a look at this : http://www.nkusa.org/ , and here are some qoutions :

..... establishing a state in Palestine which is forbidden according to Jewish law .....
Q - How do you view the Palestinian people?

A - They are the victims of the Zionist movement's moral blindness and obstinate refusal to take into account the existence of peoples other than themselves. The Palestinian people have a right to their homeland. And they have a right to financial restitution for property loss and damages inflicted upon them over the past decades.
What are your concerns besides anti-Zionism?

In reality all our concerns are one. As Jews throughout the centuries our sole concern is obedience to the Will of G-d as revealed in the Torah. We are, as are all Jews, concerned with any matter which touches on this mission. For example, we are very much involved in efforts to oppose the arrogant demands (often accompanied by threats) by Zionists and others that European nations surrender to them millions of dollars for "reparations" and assorted other payments. This is neither in keeping with the humility demanded of us by exile nor does it square in many cases with the actual facts. Anti-Zionism is simply another part of a G-d centered, sacred world view.
And about saying israel is the top of that and the first of making that, then don't forget that britain (then followed by the usa) supported israel and gives them weapons for free <-- what a deal ! , the us goverment spend on israel more than on the states .

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by ZID
Hi,

Then, take a look at this : http://www.nkusa.org/ , and here are some qoutions : SNIP
The Neturi Karta have been excommunicated by even the most right wing elements of Ultra-Orthodox Judaism. As written in the joint statement of excommunication:

“Further to our public announcement dated 21 April 2002 [9th Iyar 5762], we hereby reiterate and declare that hareidi/hassidic/Orthodox Jews everywhere absolutely reject the treacherous and contemptible conduct of that insignificant and irrelevant group of misfits and Mechalelei Hashem [desecraters of G-d's Name], who have again raised their ugly heads and besmirched and blackened the reputations of observant Jews worldwide. http://www.israelnn.com/news.php3?id=71966
This condemnation was issued by (quote from wikipedia), "the group was condemned by many Orthodox and Hasidic Jewish organizations, including, but not limited to:

Anshei Sfard; Satmar; Bobov; Emunas Yisroel; Ger; Belz; Bnei Yehuda, Nitra; Vizhnitz; Munkacz; Vien; Klausenberg; Torah Vodaas; Novominsk; Torah Temimah; Chasam Sofer; Kiryas Joel - Monroe; Puppa; Young Israel of Brooklyn; Cong. Shomrei Shabbos; United Lubavitch Organizations of Crown Heights; Kamenitz; Agudath Israel 14th Avenue; United Jewish Organizations of Williamsburg; Boro Park Jewish Council; Debrecin; US Friends of the Eda Haredit; Lakewood Yeshiva."

Nice try but you failed in your attempt. Try again. Actually, don't.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2006, 07:01 PM

Dude, you think quoting the opinion of a fundamentalist religious sect is a reasonable way to argue? Even most religious Jews, nevermind secular Jews, think Neturei Karta are crazy.

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2006, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by itai195
Dude, you think quoting the opinion of a fundamentalist religious sect is a reasonable way to argue? Even most religious Jews, nevermind secular Jews, think Neturei Karta are crazy.
Exactly. If you look at the list of Ultra-Orthodox Jewish groups which excommunicated the Neturi Karta, those groups are EXTREMELY right wing - yet they excommunicate the NK for being entirely insane.

ZID
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2006, 07:18 PM

yes, excommunicated because they showed the true face of the liers .

btw,do you know if there is "Israel" there will not be any war or problem in this world, why ?
because if you claim that the current war between gaza strip and israel started because hamas, so israel who made hamas, yes they made hamas to fight .
and the same thing about hezbollah and israel, israel made hezbollah to defend lebanon and to retrive some stolen lands by israel .

now can you tell me who are the terrorist , israel who have captured more than 10000 citizen including a lot of women and children, or hamas and hezbollah who captured 3 israelis soldier to retrive the captured citizen ?

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2006, 07:21 PM

Well I guess we know where you stand

Actually they were excommunicated, even by other anti-Zionist sects, because they allied themselves with Palestinian terrorists. They've also allied themselves with the current regime in Iran IIRC.
( Last edited by itai195; Aug 9, 2006 at 07:31 PM. )

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2006, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by ZID
yes, excommunicated because they showed the true face of the liers .

btw,do you know if there is "Israel" there will not be any war or problem in this world, why ?
because if you claim that the current war between gaza strip and israel started because hamas, so israel who made hamas, yes they made hamas to fight .
and the same thing about hezbollah and israel, israel made hezbollah to defend lebanon and to retrive some stolen lands by israel .

now can you tell me who are the terrorist , israel who have captured more than 10000 citizen including a lot of women and children, or hamas and hezbollah who captured 3 israelis soldier to retrive the captured citizen ?

omg you got me laughing so hard i had to run to the bathroom and piss. hahahahahahahha. thanks for the barrel of laughs!

ZID
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2006, 07:28 PM

this named the opinion and the other opinion

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2006, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by ZID
this named the opinion and the other opinion
all your base are belong to us

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2006, 07:39 PM

Does anyone else find it ironic that Neturei Karta think Palestinians deserve financial restitution but oppose such efforts on the part of Jewish Holocaust victims? Like I said, crazy.

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 9, 2006, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by itai195
Does anyone else find it ironic that Neturei Karta think Palestinians deserve financial restitution but oppose such efforts on the part of Jewish Holocaust victims? Like I said, crazy.
Yeah, they're nuts.

I attend an ultra-orthodox synagogue from time to time and everyone there looks down on the NK.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 9, 2006, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by ZID
Hi,

First of all, Jews can be anti-semites. You aren't immune to being criticised simply because you say you're a 'semite' (why not say you're a Jew? Anti-semitism only refers to Jews by definition.)

Then, take a look at this : http://www.nkusa.org/ , and here are some qoutions :
Ah yes, the Neturei Karta. A minority group of hypocrites, who mostly live in New York or Jerusalem, and despite living in Jerusalem and benefitting from Israel's existence as a state, speak out against it.

Nevermind that the Neturei Karta collude with the Palestinians, with the net result being more dead Jews.

Nevermind that the Neturei Karta for their reasons to be against Israel use the notion that to establish the state of Israel while in exile is a shortcutting of the prophecy, forcing it to happen on man's time, not G-d's. But they ignore that the prophecy is about bringing back the Kingdom of Israel, a religious Kingdom, not the secular state we have today- so the prophecy hasn't been violated.

And about saying israel is the top of that and the first of making that, then don't forget that britain (then followed by the usa) supported israel and gives them weapons for free <-- what a deal ! , the us goverment spend on israel more than on the states .
Actually, no. Israel buys weapons from the US. And the US buys defense projects from Israel as well. Sometimes when the US sells Israel weaponry, for example, it is underequipped technology-wise, and the Israelis roll their own to complete the system.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2006, 09:15 PM

im going to stay out of the Jew related stuff but need to add Anti Semitism technically can include Palestinians. And Humas and Hez where not created by Israel, just fueled by Israel.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 9, 2006, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Athens
im going to stay out of the Jew related stuff but need to add Anti Semitism technically can include Palestinians. And Humas and Hez where not created by Israel, just fueled by Israel.
Did you read the definitions? That's what dictionaries and sources are for. That's why I linked to it.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2006, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by vmarks
Did you read the definitions? That's what dictionaries and sources are for. That's why I linked to it.
Yes I did go back and read your own link! I said Technically which most of your definitions sources say too.

hey!_Zeus
Banned
Aug 9, 2006, 11:27 PM

Why do U.S. citizens have to give billions and billions to Israel every year?

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 9, 2006, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by hey!_Zeus
Because Israel completes you

( Last edited by Athens; Aug 12, 2006 at 01:33 PM. )

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 01:20 AM

I know I'm going to get yelled at and flamed for this but...

Why do U.S. citizens have to give billions and billions to any other group of people? Saying that we shouldn't support the previously oppressed Jews, but we should give money to blacks, hispanics, asians, women, or any other "minority" group because they were oppressed, is hypocrisy at it's highest.

Yes, I think our current situation is broken, but no one is willing to do anything about it because you'd end up losing all minority votes if you made "I want to replace Affirmative Action based on race with one based on being socially and economically challenged" an issue. That was the original intention as far as I can tell, helping people who can't get on their feet on their own. I'm not sure how race plays into it.

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 10, 2006, 02:07 AM

Watch this $hit and plz give some feedback. It might make some of you take back what you said. Thank me later. It's a bit long, but PLEASE watch it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...20696&hl=en-CA

Saad
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 10, 2006, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by King Bob On The Cob
I know I'm going to get yelled at and flamed for this but...

Why do U.S. citizens have to give billions and billions to any other group of people? Saying that we shouldn't support the previously oppressed Jews, but we should give money to blacks, hispanics, asians, women, or any other "minority" group because they were oppressed, is hypocrisy at it's highest.

Yes, I think our current situation is broken, but no one is willing to do anything about it because you'd end up losing all minority votes if you made "I want to replace Affirmative Action based on race with one based on being socially and economically challenged" an issue. That was the original intention as far as I can tell, helping people who can't get on their feet on their own. I'm not sure how race plays into it.
Your absolutely right. The US gave weapons and training to the Afghan Mujahadeen because they were opressed by the Soviets.

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by n8236
Watch this $hit and plz give some feedback. It might make some of you take back what you said. Thank me later. It's a bit long, but PLEASE watch it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...20696&hl=en-CA
I watched the first 10 minutes of this. Sure it looks bad. Miserable even. However it does not even begin to touch on the Israeli side. Jewish civilians being exploded in malls, restaurants, schools, buses and simply walking down the side walk.

They even outwardly say that the massacres in Sabra and Shatilla were done by Israel. Amazing! Not a single Israel fired bullet hit a single civilian in those camps, yet somehow it was carried by out the IDF.

It's entirely unbalanced and not worth my time.

Saad
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 10, 2006, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by bstone
I watched the first 10 minutes of this. Sure it looks bad. Miserable even. However it does not even begin to touch on the Israeli side. Jewish civilians being exploded in malls, restaurants, schools, buses and simply walking down the side walk.
Civillians don't get blown up shopping in the malls and souqs of cosmopolitan Beirut?

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Saad
Civillians don't get blown up shopping in the malls and souqs of cosmopolitan Beirut?
Never, ever intentionally targeted.

If Hizballah is using the mall as a base of operations (as they likely would) then it becomes a legit military target.

Saad
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 10, 2006, 12:46 PM

A dairy factory?

http://www.newsdesk.org/archives/000778.php

Destroying these targets will make the country weaker, and easier to invade, but Israel does attack civillian targets (landmark lighthouse in Beirut) on purpose, or is careless selecting targets.

Monique
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2006, 12:54 PM

A dairy factory?

http://www.newsdesk.org/archives/000778.php

Destroying these targets will make the country weaker, and easier to invade, but Israel does attack civillian targets (landmark lighthouse in Beirut) on purpose, or is careless selecting targets.
How do you distinguish between the 2 aren't they the same?

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 11, 2006, 08:28 AM

The French rock!

Busemann
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2006, 09:51 AM

Africa has long been a base of foreign terrorism. OBL resided in the Sudan and received weapons and cash from Libya. There have been massacres throughout subsaharran Africa over the past fifty years.
Yes and these examples of African terrorism were motivated by religious extremism, not poverty.

Southwest Asia became a hotbed of terrorism because of economic conditions. If Afghanistan was wealthy enough to resist the Soviet invasions, the Taliban would have never come into existance, and Kabul would still be a cosmopolitan town.
That's a very big if..

Originally Posted by Kevin
It has nothing to do with religious fanaticism. And more to do with people using religion for their selfish needs.
In one way or another, this is what most religious fanaticism is.
( Last edited by Busemann; Aug 11, 2006 at 06:33 PM. )

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Aug 11, 2006, 09:57 AM

And the award for the most inaccurate post of the month goes to...

Originally Posted by n8236
The French rock!
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

hey!_Zeus
Banned
Aug 11, 2006, 06:31 PM

Yes it is. Yes you are.

Sincerely,

A Jew
That's what Jew's are good at. The old guilt trip thing.

hey!_Zeus
Banned
Aug 11, 2006, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
-snip-
Title of thread should be ..."England is a shitty little country infested with terrorists."

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2006, 06:38 PM

That's what Jew's are good at. The old guilt trip thing.
And who says there aren't anti-semites on this board.

Thank you for proving my point.

Busemann
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2006, 06:51 PM

If someone actually label you anti-semitic for criticizing Israeli policies, then saying that said person is victimizing himself hardly makes you an anti-semite.

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2006, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Busemann
If someone actually label you anti-semitic for criticizing Israeli policies, then you're hardly anti-semitic if you say that said person is victimizing himself.
If you look in reference to what I wrote you will have to agree that the fellow is entirely anti-semetic. He said nothing about Israel or Zionism, but rather Jews and "guilt triping".

hey!_Zeus
Banned
Aug 11, 2006, 06:56 PM

Ooooh...the holocaust thing...it's the world's fault. We will never let you gentiles free of this guilt...NEVER!!!

Therefore we can do anything we want and if you say anything you are anti-Jew.

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2006, 06:58 PM

Ooooh...the holocaust thing...it's the world's fault. We will never let you gentiles free of this guilt...NEVER!!!

Therefore we can do anything we want and if you say anything you are anti-Jew.
Anti-semetic rant #2.

Keep going. The mods are watching.

paulo1990
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2006, 07:26 PM

You all need to pause and realise that countless innocent lives are being lost.Women and babies are being murdered yet again in the name of religion whilst you guys are back and forth,trying to impress each other with your quotes and wealth of knowledge from the safety of your computer desks in suburban United States.I would bet that none of you have ever seen anything even remotely like whats happening right now in Lebanon.What Israel is doing is a disgrace.What Hezbollah is doing is equally disgraceful.As usual,the innocent ones pay the price.We don't need a war on terror.We need a war against religious extremists.Radical Jews in this day and age are just as rediculous as radical Muslims or radical Christians.Pat Robertson was on Fox news two days ago live from the warzone,reporting with glee on the unfolding events,explaining to us that this was a predestined biblical event.
Israel and their supporters should be ashamed of whats happening right now.Look what happens when you give a scared paranoid schoolkid a loaded gun.Oh, and by the way..your little pictures are real cool.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 11, 2006, 07:35 PM

If you look in reference to what I wrote you will have to agree that the fellow is entirely anti-semetic. He said nothing about Israel or Zionism, but rather Jews and "guilt triping".
In reference to what you wrote goes back to you calling me anti-semetic when Im not, he just happen to bring that back up.

( Last edited by Athens; Aug 12, 2006 at 01:27 PM. )

greenamp
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2006, 09:46 PM

I don’t see Islamic countries invading Israel and occupying land...
That's because they know Israel would mop the floor with them. It's not because they don't want to. If they could they would.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 11, 2006, 10:39 PM

I can only hope that one day the countries around Israel become strong enough to match her. Then perhaps we will get peace. As long as the balance of power is only in Israel's hands, Israel will continue to abuse that power.

( Last edited by Athens; Aug 12, 2006 at 01:26 PM. )

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 11, 2006, 10:46 PM

I can only hope that one day the countries around Israel become strong enough to match her. Then perhaps we will get peace. As long as the balance of power is only in Israel's hands, Israel will continue to abuse that power.
I wish you were correct in this Athens, but I suspect if the countries around Israel became strong enough to match her, they'd combine strength to annihilate her, then turn on one another. The Middle East will never get peace.
ebuddy

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 11, 2006, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy
I wish you were correct in this Athens, but I suspect if the countries around Israel became strong enough to match her, they'd combine strength to annihilate her, then turn on one another. The Middle East will never get peace.
Well in the case of the Middle east, perhaps combined to match her since your right they prob would if they each became powerful enough to match her.

( Last edited by Athens; Aug 12, 2006 at 01:25 PM. )

undotwa
Professional Poster
Aug 12, 2006, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by paulo1990
We need a war against religious extremists.
This is exactly what Israel is pursuing. Hezbollah are religious extremists.

BTW, concerning your comment on on Christian extremists, I would like to ask you where in the world today are there Christian extremists committing terror? If there are any, by no means is it anywhere on the scale as Islamic extremism. I'd say there is more atheistic terrorism than Christian terrorism (consider all the communist terror organisations).
In vino veritas.

hey!_Zeus
Banned
Aug 12, 2006, 02:46 PM

Anti-semetic rant #2.

Keep going. The mods are watching.
It's all true. Just read over the 'U.S. Jewish' and Israeli P.R. firms material.

They even invented 'The Self-Hating Jew' for Jews who are against what Israel has been doing for years.

You are probably afraid of being outed as one or you are in favour of the slaughter of innocent people. Or maybe you hate Arabs and Palestinians which would makes you...what?

"The mods are watching'"

You went and laid the guilt thing on them. Gawd when will it stop?...Never, ever! RIGHT???

HowEver
Aug 12, 2006, 03:44 PM

Admitting that one is racist is the first step to becoming human. It's a difificult step but there is help out there.

It's all true. Just read over the 'U.S. Jewish' and Israeli P.R. firms material.

They even invented 'The Self-Hating Jew' for Jews who are against what Israel has been doing for years.

You are probably afraid of being outed as one or you are in favour of the slaughter of innocent people. Or maybe you hate Arabs and Palestinians which would makes you...what?

"The mods are watching'"

You went and laid the guilt thing on them. Gawd when will it stop?...Never, ever! RIGHT???
( Last edited by HowEver; Aug 12, 2006 at 03:52 PM. )

HowEver
Aug 12, 2006, 03:50 PM

Why not hope instead for this: that the weak countries surrounding Israel stop stupidly attacking?

If they ever try this, they might find that the energy spent could be better focusses on, say, providing for the poor and suffering in their countries.

Also, decreasing from the hate in the world will make it a better place.

They will find that if they stop attacking Israel, Israel will, as it has done, leave them alone.

Too stupid even to try this for a few days, the Arab countries continue to threaten others, fund terrorists and oppress their own people, especially women, in nearly all non-democratic states.

Of course, like bread and circuses, wars are a distraction. If you're always at war, as in 1984, you can justify all kinds of hardship--while your elite, monarchic families live in style.

But you know very well that "hoping" that Arab countires match Israel will result in Israel's destruction. If that's not what you want, say so explicitly.

DBursey
Professional Poster
Aug 12, 2006, 03:55 PM

For many, it's all about islamic hegemony in west Asia.

Here's an interesting viewpoint from what was once the mideast's only christian country.

Islam’s Torture of Lebanon

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2006, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by paulo1990
You all need to pause and realise that countless innocent lives are being lost.Women and babies are being murdered yet again in the name of religion whilst you guys are back and forth,trying to impress each other with your quotes and wealth of knowledge from the safety of your computer desks in suburban United States.
In the name of religion? It seems to me this is Hizballah (Shiite Islam) vs anyone who is remotely associate with the liberal democracy that is Israel.

As well, I have lived in Israel for several years and have been in war zones. My knowledge base comes largely from those experiences. I also served in the Israeli Civil Guard.

hey!_Zeus
Banned
Aug 13, 2006, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by DBursey
For many, it's all about islamic hegemony in west Asia.

Here's an interesting viewpoint from what was once the mideast's only christian country.

Islam’s Torture of Lebanon
She's kinda hawt!

Forum Links
Forum Rules