Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > idvd to studio pro

idvd to studio pro
davidmelvin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 10, 2004, 08:00 AM

i was having trouble burning i project in idvd so i imported it to DVD Studio Pro and it burned fine. Except that the video is less than perfect. just not perfectly smooth. it looks fine when the camera is still and focused on one thing, but once the camera pans it gets a little jerky. can anyone suggest why this might be? this is the first time i've used studio pro

brianb
Forum Regular
Dec 11, 2004, 10:10 PM

it sounds like you may have used a lot bit rate. the lower teh bit rate the more artifacts you will see. Especially if the mpeg2 encode was done in iDVD you may want to try with the DVD studio pro encoders (Compression)
Quicksilver 867, 700mhz iBook, 1st Gen iPod, iSight, Newton 2100, and a 128k Mac. All operating and used on a constant Basis

davidmelvin  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 13, 2004, 07:24 PM

i seem to have solved the video thing, but for some reason the audio isn't transferring properly. in imovie an idvd it plays the edited audio but in dvd studio pro it is playing the original audio from the import. is there another way to transfer from imovie to studio pro.

brianb
Forum Regular
Dec 13, 2004, 09:53 PM

are you just taking the iMovie project file and trying to work with that or are you exporting a Self Contained DV file?
Quicksilver 867, 700mhz iBook, 1st Gen iPod, iSight, Newton 2100, and a 128k Mac. All operating and used on a constant Basis

davidmelvin  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2004, 04:35 AM

originally i was trying to complete the project in idvd, so i just clicked the send to idvd button (or whatever it says) in the idvd pane of imovie. then i built the project around that transfer in idvd. but it wouldn't burn so i opened the idvd project in studio pro, which picks up the video track properly, but not the audio. can i do it direct from imovie to studio pro, and import the theme from idvd if i save it as a favourite?

Forum Links
Forum Rules