Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > earbuds with most customizeable fit?

earbuds with most customizeable fit?
chrikenn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2005, 01:09 PM

One of my ears is very slightly "misformed" or something along those lines. Not really noticeably visible, but when i try to put earbuds in it, they usually don't fit, and if they do, I have to really force it in and it gets uncomfortable after about 10 minutes. the stock ones that come with ipods do not fit that ear. So i was wondering if somebody could recommend a set of earbuds that comes with the best "fit kit" -- this way, maybe i can find something that fits it well without getting anything custom made.

ideas? Thanks!

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 22, 2005, 02:13 PM

Without ordering custom-made, the Shures have a number of foam and rubber inserts.

A cheap alternative is the ear buds for the standard iPod headphones, caps that fit in the ear.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

brianb
Forum Regular
Oct 22, 2005, 09:55 PM

I would say the Shure E3c ear buds. They have many versions but the E3c is probally the most common to find at a guitar shop or such. They are a bit pricy though. I think they have a cheaper version that is E2c.
Quicksilver 867, 700mhz iBook, 1st Gen iPod, iSight, Newton 2100, and a 128k Mac. All operating and used on a constant Basis

Forum Links
Forum Rules