Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Resale value on 15" Kitted Out G4 PowerBook?

Resale value on 15" Kitted Out G4 PowerBook?
m3rls
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 17, 2006, 09:26 AM

Hello,

In late September/early october '05 I bought a 15" G4 PowerBook (1.67 G4, mobile 9700, 1.5gb ram, 80gb hdd, applecare). I am wondering if anybody could give me an idea on the price range I might expect to get if I sold it, as I want to move up to the MacBook Pro line before it becomes too superceeded.

It's in great condition, I have all the documentation, boxes, cables, etc.

RRP (which I paid), even after getting a fairly big cut on the ram from an apple resller was $4,531 (AU).

Just a rough estimate would be great,

Thanks in advance!
( Last edited by m3rls; Aug 17, 2006 at 09:43 AM. )

romeosc
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2006, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by m3rls
Hello,

In late September/early october '05 I bought a 15" G4 PowerBook (1.67 G4, mobile 9700, 1.5gb ram, 80gb hdd, applecare). I am wondering if anybody could give me an idea on the price range I might expect to get if I sold it, as I want to move up to the MacBook Pro line before it becomes too superceeded.

It's in great condition, I have all the documentation, boxes, cables, etc.

RRP (which I paid), even after getting a fairly big cut on the ram from an apple resller was $4,531 (AU).

Just a rough estimate would be great,

Thanks in advance!

here is a comparrision......

http://cgi.ebay.com/APPLE-MAC-G4-15-...QQcmdZViewItem

Javizun
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2006, 02:58 PM

ill say 1200 bucks g4 is similar to penitum 3 now a days

m3rls  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 17, 2006, 04:52 PM

Thanks guys

drpepper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 17, 2006, 11:14 PM

That ebay auction might give you a good price, but you can't put too much stock in an ongoing auction. Laptops are an extremely hot area for buyer fraud. With buyer fraud, people will bid any amount because they're not planning to actually pay for the computer. You can get some idea from a number of completed auctions, but you have to check that they have actually been completed successfully. Check the buyer and seller feedback to see if they've left any for each other.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 17, 2006, 11:16 PM

what is with this strain of newer users asking us to do research for them to price there computers. there should be some kind of forum rule against this for all users

alex

romeosc
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2006, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock
what is with this strain of newer users asking us to do research for them to price there computers. there should be some kind of forum rule against this for all users

alex
The requests really belong in Martetplace!

Forum Links
Forum Rules