Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > soho ny had them in stock but were sold out...

soho ny had them in stock but were sold out...
action
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 22, 2006, 08:08 PM

hi gang,

been calling soho ny every morning including today and was advised they didn't have any in stock.
went to the store and they had some on display.

the sales person they had some in the morning but were sold out immediately. she advised however they only got received 4 untis. didn't ask what speed but all the demos were 2 ghz. she advised they could come in at any moment.

the computer was decent but i was really interested in the angle of view. with my 12 inch i have to have it all the way open when flying to get a decent angle of view to watch movies and to work. the macbooks angle of view will not be suffient for me for that purpose. i'm 5'8" and i was standing working on the macbook pro and i needed about an additional 5 degrees to get the monitor to have a proper viewing angle.

if you are taller this would only be exasperated. the table was right at my waste. i have no doubts this will have to be fixed with the next revision. it is a noticeable annoyance.

it's hard to imagine this was not addressed during beta testing.

cl

reybart
Forum Regular
Feb 22, 2006, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by action
hi gang,

been calling soho ny every morning including today and was advised they didn't have any in stock.
went to the store and they had some on display.

the sales person they had some in the morning but were sold out immediately. she advised however they only got received 4 untis. didn't ask what speed but all the demos were 2 ghz. she advised they could come in at any moment.

the computer was decent but i was really interested in the angle of view. with my 12 inch i have to have it all the way open when flying to get a decent angle of view to watch movies and to work. the macbooks angle of view will not be suffient for me for that purpose. i'm 5'8" and i was standing working on the macbook pro and i needed about an additional 5 degrees to get the monitor to have a proper viewing angle.

if you are taller this would only be exasperated. the table was right at my waste. i have no doubts this will have to be fixed with the next revision. it is a noticeable annoyance.

it's hard to imagine this was not addressed during beta testing.

cl

Time to visit. I called them Tuesday and was told that they still did not have it! Thanks for the info.

Mithras
Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2006, 08:35 PM

Yeah, I called today and was told to try again in a few days. Seems like camping there with all the art-school freaks lounging in the theater will be the only way to get one retail.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Feb 22, 2006, 08:55 PM

C'mon, how many more threads do we need?!?

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules