Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9 & Notepad?

OS 9 & Notepad?
Joseppi
Mar 22, 2000, 10:43 AM

I got a Lombard powerbook with OS 9, and I just noticed there was no "Notepad" applet installed under the apple menu... Did Apple drop Notepad entirely? It's multiple pages are handy to organize info. Has anyone tried using Notpad from any previous OS?

Joe

wlonh
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2000, 10:48 AM

it is on your MacOS CD

Seagull
Mar 22, 2000, 11:25 AM

I think it is installed in the Apple Extras folder. Drag it to the Apple Menu Items if you want it to be there.

Joseppi
Mar 22, 2000, 11:45 AM

Thanks for the replies... I did a search and it wasn't anywhere on the HD... I just figured it would be installed as part of the system... I will check on the CD... thanks again!

Joe

Seagull
Mar 22, 2000, 11:59 AM

That's strange, I remember that after I installed OS 9, Notepad was in either the Apple Extras folder or the Applications folder and so I dragged it to the Apple Menu Items folder. Definitely not from the CD. But it is probably a bit different since OS 9 was installed in your Mac at the factory.

slider
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2000, 12:50 PM

Right, I had to do the samething as Seagull. I did upgrade from 8.6 to 9 but it was removed from the Apple Menu items and I had to put it back as Seagull did.

Forum Links
Forum Rules