Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Mail Drop, what happened?

Mail Drop, what happened?
kevs
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2019, 04:35 PM

What is the deal now with Maildrop. Was a great feature, it would churn on while sending, and then someone would get a long link..

Now, a warning comes on asking if you want to use it, ? and then doesn't really work now?.. Get some ghost icon and nothing happens?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 5, 2019, 10:24 AM

It has always asked you if you want to use it if it turned out that the attachment was too large.

Define "doesn't really work": is the recipient getting the attachment, or not?

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2019, 04:39 PM

thanks S. actually it did ended up working. The person I sent to was in the house and got it. But... before, you never even get this forced confirmation. I would just click send; do you notice this, new annoying confirmation? Anyway to default Mail to just say yes?

And.. no confirmation it worked. Just sat there if you will. I got confirmation only from the recipient.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 5, 2019, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by kevs View Post
thanks S. actually it did ended up working. The person I sent to was in the house and got it. But... before, you never even get this forced confirmation.
I have ALWAYS got that dialog. Every single time — from the very first time I ever tried MailDrop, back in El Capitan.

It ALWAYS tries to send it normally first and then gets back to me and asks if I wish to MailDrop it, instead.

kevs  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2019, 05:22 PM

thanks S. any confirmation worked?

The dialogue stayed up with a kind of ghost grey out look, hard to describe..

Forum Links
Forum Rules