Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Small hairline cracks on the very front of Macbook

Small hairline cracks on the very front of Macbook
keaneym
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2008, 12:27 PM

I'm just wondering if anyone has had this problem.

I bought my macbook a year ago and I've noticed that on the very front of the macbook (just along the magnetic strip), kinda below where your left palm would hover over, there are very small hairline- like cracks occurring and I'm thinking its from the magnetic strip being too strong for the casing. Also where the right palm would hover the white cover seems to be also cracked.

Its never been dropped or anything, like everyone else its my little baby kind of thing and have always looks after it.

I've tried taking pics of the cracks but my camera can't focus on them. I'm just wondering if anyone would have come across this before, as I'm worried that if the cracks get bigger, my macbook will be no use.

Sorry if the descriiption makes no sense but its the best explanation I can do.

I have contacted an apple agent and am waiting to see if they can help. But am mainly wondering if anyone had met this before.

Thanks,

Maria

Cold Warrior
Feb 11, 2008, 02:41 PM

gramzee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2008, 01:58 AM

not sure if you've dealt with it by now, but the same happened on my macbook. took it to an apple store and they orders a new top cover called me to say the part was in, had the macbook about 3 days and that was it. no questions asked, no charge.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Feb 18, 2008, 02:11 AM

Seems pretty rare, but you should take it in. We've ordered over 100 white MacBooks for our multimedia carts, and not one of them is cracked. We've had them for about a year. About 4 bad batteries, though, which were covered by some new extended battery warranty.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Full-Auto
Forum Regular
Feb 18, 2008, 02:44 AM

Mine is doing the same thing... but I ignore it since it's out of warranty. No biggie.

Forum Links
Forum Rules