Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Apple Store BTO Experiences

Apple Store BTO Experiences
pben
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 5, 2003, 12:08 PM

Hello,
I'm about to order a BTO 12" via apple.com, and I would like to know how are your experiences regarding the quality of the product received.
Did you have any problems? (besides the order taking a lot!)

Do you think is better to order a BTO through a reseller instead? (some resellers will allow that)

Thank you!

adamjh
Dec 5, 2003, 01:28 PM

My experience with BTO with the Apple Store went well. New iBook/iPod arrived in excellent shape. Fairly timely arrival. I think the taxes are higher if you use the Apple Store.

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Dec 6, 2003, 10:10 AM

Yes, Apple takes excellent care of their BTO customers (and it really doesn't take that long unless you are purchasing something unique or new to the market).

Although avoiding taxes is always ideal, it's usually safer to buy from them (they will rarely hesitate to accept a returned good, I can't say the same for some of the others).

Many Mac users do talk highly of Mac Warehouse / Mac Zone, but I would watch out for any others unless they are authorized Apple resellers.

divermac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2003, 01:27 PM

Last week I received a G4 933 BTO from Apple.com Very good experience, wait wasn't too long and product is immaculate. Had to pay state tax but got government employee discount so price still better than other online stores. Good luck.

Klay2122
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2003, 04:51 PM

I am with divermac in that I got a government discount on apple.com and that price was the best I could find. I got the G4 1Ghz with Bluetooth. The only problem was I am in Japan and they will not ship to an APO address. A lot or retailers will not as well so no big deal. Sent it to family and they sent it to me. I lucked out, with all that shipping and none of the problems I have been reading about from some people on here.
Diztantendz coming soon...

Forum Links
Forum Rules